[Off Topic] Could Pep Have Made Brazil World Champions In 2014?

4 posters

Go down

[Off Topic] Could Pep Have Made Brazil World Champions In 2014? Empty [Off Topic] Could Pep Have Made Brazil World Champions In 2014?

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 am

I was very surprised when I first heard about the links. Anyway now we know its not happening but the topic is too interesting for me to drop.

First of all Pep I see this as a betrayal. Just kidding. Most of you would recall how many times I have said I so want Pep to coach Argentina at WC 2014. It would be harsh right now considering Alessandro Sabella is doing a decent job and Argentina has been the best that we've been in several years - 3rd in the latest Fifa rankings. Still it would be the perfect script if Pep Guardiola were to coach Lionel Messi to win that one thing that would complete his legacy and let him take his place right up there with the best that the game has ever seen - the WORLD CUP. So Pep, how could you show interest in taking up the job for Messi's greatest international rivals of all time??? Sad Anyway good that it didn't happen.

Just imagine if the WC 2014 final is between Argentina and Brazil with the latter coached by Pep. Or imagine if it is between Argentina and Spain and none other than Xavi and Iniesta stand between Messi and the greatest moment of his professional life. These things really should not happen. They are complete heart breakers.

What do you all think?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

[Off Topic] Could Pep Have Made Brazil World Champions In 2014? Empty Re: [Off Topic] Could Pep Have Made Brazil World Champions In 2014?

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:45 pm

I will perhaps surprise people by saying no.

I think he would be just like Sacchi was for Italy on the NT level.

His methods take time to adjust to, learn and perfect. He wont have time to input it considering how little time he spends with the players.

Also he is masterful at making adjustments tactically from time to time, wont be able to do that as easy because games are so far apart.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

[Off Topic] Could Pep Have Made Brazil World Champions In 2014? Empty Re: [Off Topic] Could Pep Have Made Brazil World Champions In 2014?

Post by messixaviesta Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:06 am

dani, very interesting reply.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 am

It's hard to say because a year and a half really isn't that much time in NT terms, and Brazil doesn't have players that are a custom fit to his style of play. It's definitely not that Brazil doesn't have the players to play the way he wants, but he would need time to embed the players with his philosophy and I doubt that the time span would be enough. Additionally, you have to consider that the added pressure of hosting the WC might play against him with the relatively young squad he would have.

Presumably, Pep doesn't even know how the Brazilian FA works and might find it hard to work with them as it'd be significantly different than in Europe (recently, a number of top officials have resigned amongst corruption accusations).

It'd be a gamble. If he had 4 years worth of time to prepare, I'd say he would be a success, but I'm not sure if right now is the time.

Btw JD it's nice to see you back Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 am

alfred, very nice reply. Thanks. Its always nice to see you all.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 pm

I don't think so. Not because of Pep ability, but just because I can't see Brasil winning a world cup right now with any coach in the world.

At their home, they can do it, but if they were playing abroad I would directly rule them out. They don't posess enough quality anywhere on the pitch and only one really world class player in Neymar.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Free what are you on about? They have one of the best, if not the best, defense in international football. That alone is usually enough to take you deep into the competition, and then you add all the creative power that they have. I wouldn't write them off before the competition starts.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down