urbaNRoots
Swanhends
LeBéninois
donttreadonred
Onyx
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position Empty Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Nuri Sahin says that Brendan Rodgers is playing him in the wrong position for Liverpool, opining that he would prefer to play in a holding midfield position for the Premier League side.

The 24-year-old Turkey international moved to Anfield on loan from Real Madrid in the summer and has been playing behind Luis Suarez as the Northern Irish manager looks to support a depleted attacking line.

However, the midfielder stated that he is not as comfortable playing in such as advanced position and would like to occupy a similar role to that in which he impressed for Borussia Dortmund between 2005 and 2011.

"I've played my whole career deeper but I have played as a No.10 here. It was new for me but I tried my best," he told reporters.

"If I could choose a position it would be holding as I feel more comfortable there."

Sahin, who has made seven Premier League appearances for Liverpool this season but has missed the last four league games through injury, was back in the team as his side beat Udinese 1-0 in the Europa League - although had to go off injured after just 12 minutes.

The Reds have struggled for form this season and are currently in 12th position in the Premier League but a win against West Ham on Sunday afternoon would send Rodgers' side above the Hammers into the top half.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position Empty Re: Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position

Post by donttreadonred Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Let the ostracization (or ostracision) continue!

Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position All-the-things-meme-generator-occupy-the-bench-1-151376
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position Empty Re: Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position

Post by LeBéninois Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:28 pm

how unlucky he is

I mean , one year ago he was one of the main player of Dortmund

Why did he leave ffs ??
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:33 pm

his correct position is LB

Mou the visionary :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Nuri Sahin has criticised the Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers for playing him out of position during his six-month loan spell earlier this season.

Sahin made 12 appearances for Liverpool on loan from Real Madrid but failed to make any real impact, and claims his lack of success was down to a disagreement with Rodgers.

The 24-year-old, now on loan at Borussia Dortmund, told AS: "I did not fail at Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a number 10. But I do not play behind the strikers.

"I talked to him and asked him why he was playing me there. It is not my real position. The coach could not answer me … Still, no regrets. To play at Anfield was a wonderful experience. And maybe if I had not gone there I would not have been able to return to Borussia Dortmund. For that, I am happy. Thank God I have left Brendan Rodgers."

Sahin said he felt much more settled at Dortmund. "I feel good physically and mentally, everything is perfect. After returning to Germany I feel much better. Here my goal is to finish second, because the Bundesliga title is difficult. But, with a little bit of luck, we want to go for the Champions League."

When he first arrived at Anfield, Sahin said he had chosen to join Liverpool because of Rodgers. "The only reason I am here is that I know that I can play football, I know that I have a manager who trusts in me and the way I play, and I am at a huge club," he said in August.

"That is why I am here … He told me about English football and said that I would love the Premier League because it is the best league in the world. I made my own mind up about Brendan Rodgers."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:26 pm

How many times will we discuss this lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Every time Sahin says something new about this topic. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Ostracized in Madrid
Ostracized in Liverpool
Ostracized in Dortmund now

THE ONE AND ONLY OSTRACIZED ONE :bow:

Jibers pls go

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:54 pm

This one season wonder should shut the f**k up.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 pm

QPR's next signing if they stay up hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Sahin at Atleti hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Rodgers: Sahin keeps playing with the wrong amount of talent
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:39 pm

What a Donkey, he shut F up.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:27 pm

He ruined his own career and now he just blaming others. STFU and sit on the bench.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Sad people are being mean and nasty to sahin now lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Sahin hasn't done anything wrong imo. He just needed to start every game in his normal position.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Except that he's right. He had only played DM, fullback and a deep midfielder before going to Liverpool. You can't just make someone who has never played in the final 1/3 before suddenly do it... I like Rogers; but that was stupid. Might as well not have brought him over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:Ostracized in Madrid
Ostracized in Liverpool

Jibers pls go

Being benched by a superior footballer and being ostracized a two different things tbf.

At Madrid he was being benched by Lassana Diarra and Granero while at Liverpool it was Henderson and Allen.

At least he's being benched now by someone who is better than him which wasn't the case at Madrid and Liverpool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Actually Sahin was being benched by Alonso at Real Madrid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Ostracized in Liverpool

Jibers pls go

Being benched by a superior footballer and being ostracized a two different things tbf.

At Madrid he was being benched by Lassana Diarra and Granero while at Liverpool it was Henderson and Allen.

At least he's being benched now by someone who is better than him which wasn't the case at Madrid and Liverpool.

Lass and Granero were starters at Madrid? lol wut
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Actually Sahin was being benched by Alonso at Real Madrid.

yeah... and by Gerrard at Liverpool.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Sahin speaking out of his a**e here. Poor German talent, couldn't do jacks**t out of Bundesliga.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Sahin is Turkish. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Sahin speaking out of his a**e here. Poor German talent, couldn't do jacks**t out of Bundesliga.

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Zealous wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Ostracized in Liverpool

Jibers pls go

Lass and Granero were starters at Madrid? lol wut

Nope but they were above Sahin in the pecking order.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next