Jay29
RealGunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
57 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Dec 2012, 17:50

GoonerJay29 wrote:The timing of Ramsey's renewal is pretty terrible, given his own poor form and the state of the squad at the moment.

Putting that aside, a new contract is a tremendous show of faith and even if things go wrong, we could be able to get a bigger fee for him.

I agree, but I hope we send him on a loan. We have nothing to lose if we resign Ramsey as long he stops playing on the wings.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Thu 13 Dec 2012, 17:59

GoonerJay29 wrote:The timing of Ramsey's renewal is pretty terrible, given his own poor form and the state of the squad at the moment.

Putting that aside, a new contract is a tremendous show of faith and even if things go wrong, we could be able to get a bigger fee for him.

Or things don't go right and we end up stuck with him playing like he currently is forever. Like Arshaving. Chamakh, Silvestere, Almunia, Dennilson and others their wages are in no way in line with their ability. With the thought of any sort of transfer fee along with weekly compensation way out of the realm of reality.

On a side note, if Ramsey gets any sort of raise in wages when he should get a cut in pay. Then Wenger wont give Walcott what he is asking or keep others that we should have kept.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Dec 2012, 18:04

Resigning Theo should be top priority now, Wenger will be sorry for letting Theo go.

Ramsey has done nothing to get a raise, he should not get one.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 13 Dec 2012, 18:21

6unner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Most reports suggesting that the board are not holding back funds from Wenger. Even the club's communications director, Mark Gonnella (who's actually on twitter) is saying that Wenger is not having his hands tied.

Logically, it doesn't make much sense for the board to hold anything back from Wenger and then come out and say to fans that their is money to spend. I know a lot of people like to think our board are full of greedy and nefarious villains but I really don't think they're lying to us when they say funds are available.

Apparently, Gonnella argued that a) where would the money go if it wasn't available to spend? and b) fans would be able to see where the money is going because accounts are public. Pretty good points.

Of course, it would be nice if they exerted a bit more pressure on Wenger to get things done but that's a different issue.

Anyone else feel as though that all of a sudden the corporate side of Arsenal is trying to distancing themselves from Wenger. My guess is that if we end no better than mid-table that Wenger will be gone and a lot of people will be talking about him.

The board have always come out saying there is money to spend. They aren't trying to distance themselves as they also always say that they trust in the manager and will stick by him.

The board's problem is that it doesn't do enough to ensure that the money is actually spent.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 13 Dec 2012, 18:27

I'd love for the board to go over Wenger's head and bring in Falcao for 40 million

What's Wenger going to do, not play him? Leave him on the bench?

Actually, that's EXACTLY what Wenger would do.....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu 13 Dec 2012, 21:29

Jan Vertonghen claims he opted to join Tottenham Hotspur over Arsenal as Arsene Wenger wanted to play him in midfield [SSN]
whogivesaflyingbleep.jpg
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 13 Dec 2012, 23:05

Lex wrote:I'd love for the board to go over Wenger's head and bring in Falcao for 40 million

What's Wenger going to do, not play him? Leave him on the bench?

Actually, that's EXACTLY what Wenger would do.....

Lex I am with you man. We have been broken in half, its time to pay the fans back.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri 14 Dec 2012, 00:04

Vertonghen: "Wenger wanted me in the summer, but he wanted to use me in midfield - like Emmanuel Petit." http://bit.ly/TXJ0Zj
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 14 Dec 2012, 00:29

Vertonghen can and has played at CDM before. His passing range and willingness to get forward from defense means he can do the role fairly well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri 14 Dec 2012, 02:30

Why would it upset Vertonghen to be played in midfield? scratch It's not like CB is a much more glorified position.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 14 Dec 2012, 02:36

Sounds like an excuse.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 14 Dec 2012, 05:22

Chelsea ramp up pressure on Arsenal to sell Walcott as Blues rival United and Liverpool for winger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2247815/Chelsea-ramp-pressure-Arsenal-sell-Theo-Walcott-Blues-rival-United-Liverpool-winger.html#ixzz2EzrVmwob

Save us Usmanov, please we are a dying club.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Fri 14 Dec 2012, 06:30

6unner wrote:

Or things don't go right and we end up stuck with him playing like he currently is forever. Like Arshaving. Chamakh, Silvestere, Almunia, Dennilson and others their wages are in no way in line with their ability. With the thought of any sort of transfer fee along with weekly compensation way out of the realm of reality.

On a side note, if Ramsey gets any sort of raise in wages when he should get a cut in pay. Then Wenger wont give Walcott what he is asking or keep others that we should have kept.

Really good point at the end there.
Not offering Theo an extra 10-15k when we are throwing money down the toilet on players not performing or just here until their contracts expire.
I don't like getting on the lad's back, but Ramsey has done nothing to deserve a raise. It's almost laughable.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:34

I'll tell you what would be laughable.

When Ramsey turns 23-24 and starts performing better as he starts to realize his potential but decides hes had enough with the 'fans' of the club witch hunting him for every thing. Then his contract is due.

And we are stuck with another situation like Walcott and Nasri.

You lot should try seeing things with a longer term view. I am shocked with this shortsighted opinion.

Do you remember all the Theo witchhunts in the last 3 years? And now? He magically became the star player? He doesn't sign the contract? He gets sold?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:39

Contract extensions are not only to reward players who are performing well.

They are also to ensure that good players don't leave.

And yes. Ramsey is a good player and I will stick my neck out for him. He needs to be under less pressure to perform and he needs to be played in a position which suits him. Not on the wings.

At his age and experience, he is an asset. And I see him and Jack as the future of our midfield.

And I believe that if Theo had an iota of the loyalty Ramsey has, then he would sign the damn extension and get done with it.

We need to stem the outflow of good players. And that has to happen NOW.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:03

^Agree

But with Walcott, i'm upset if he wants to leave but not angry. I'll be angry if he leaves for United, Chelsea to a much lesser extent. He's served us for 6 years or so. He's having a great season, but he's not wanting to leave all of a sudden because of the season he's having. He wants out because he was promised he'd play in his favourite position (ST, CF) but Wenger doesn't play him there. He wants to be like Thierry Henry but he can't if he doesn't play down the middle, and that's what he's been asking for for a long time now. SO if he goes, i can't fault him, wish him best of luck.

Same goes for Sagna. If he wants to leave, i will be extremely sad, but i will wish him all the best. He's been loyal for i think 5-6 years now and i'm proud of him. I wish Jenks can turn out to be half the player Sagna is, and with the performances he's been putting in, he's heading in the right direction.

I know i went slightly off topic from your post, but i felt like i needed to say that.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:38

The Verminator wrote:^Agree

But with Walcott, i'm upset if he wants to leave but not angry. I'll be angry if he leaves for United, Chelsea to a much lesser extent. He's served us for 6 years or so. He's having a great season, but he's not wanting to leave all of a sudden because of the season he's having. He wants out because he was promised he'd play in his favourite position (ST, CF) but Wenger doesn't play him there. He wants to be like Thierry Henry but he can't if he doesn't play down the middle, and that's what he's been asking for for a long time now. SO if he goes, i can't fault him, wish him best of luck.

Same goes for Sagna. If he wants to leave, i will be extremely sad, but i will wish him all the best. He's been loyal for i think 5-6 years now and i'm proud of him. I wish Jenks can turn out to be half the player Sagna is, and with the performances he's been putting in, he's heading in the right direction.

I know i went slightly off topic from your post, but i felt like i needed to say that.

Agree with the crux of it!

Its not entirely Theo's fault you know. He is trying to show since almost 2 years that he has what it takes - although his consistency is still rightly questioned. But he is a young player and he is getting there.

But atleast with his contract, there is also the question of haggling over that approx 10k p/w which is so similar to Ca$hley. He wanted 60k back then and the board regretted not going over 55k then in retrospect. It was a matter of 5k p/w.

I am sure it will come back to bite us in the arse if we let Theo walk away. But I am resigned to that already.

Hopes for Sagna aren't that great either.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:50

I'm not even bothered about Walcott leaving.

Just as I wasn't about Song, Nasri or Adebayor. van Persie and Cesc are the only players I'm 'angry' about. Players like Walcott, Song come and go, not a big deal.

If Arsene can do the job properly like he used to, he can get better replacements and everyone would forget about these players. van Persie and Cesc are different though, world class players which we can't sign, Arsenal had them and sold them.

On the other hand, Sagna leaving would have the same impact on me as van Persie & Cesc Sad

Another world class footballer to be replaced by a kid No
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 14 Dec 2012, 13:42

http://www.foot-sur7.fr/2012/12/08/transfert-le-psg-pret-a-mettre-125me-pour-bacary-sagna/Foot-Sur-7

PSG to make a 12.5 mil offer for Sagna...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 14 Dec 2012, 14:26

Since when does signings a players to longer contracts guarantees them staying at the club?

Arsenal is the big loser when it comes to signing players, if they are shit they will stay until last sec of the contract and if they become good they leave even if they have 10 years left on contract.

Diaby's contract was extended for another 4 years and we went and sold Song even though he had 3 years left. I dont think I have ever seen Arsenal sell a Quality player that fast.

Walcott can go if he wants, is not hard replacing him, what we cant replace is our reputation.

Player power>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clubs.

Contracts dont mean shit, only players win.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri 14 Dec 2012, 14:31

Arsenal target Adrian is a Doubt for Barca clash http://t.co/0n5wwINe

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 14 Dec 2012, 14:38

sportsczy wrote:http://www.foot-sur7.fr/2012/12/08/transfert-le-psg-pret-a-mettre-125me-pour-bacary-sagna/Foot-Sur-7

PSG to make a 12.5 mil offer for Sagna...

Once again we will sell more players than we buy. Great job Stubborn Wenger, Satan Krooked and Donkey face Ivan Gazidis.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 14 Dec 2012, 15:00

Take Arshavin out and this looks good.
The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 7 A-FJzsVCYAEqfWo
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 14 Dec 2012, 15:05

Song's decision to go to Barca was baffling to me. He's nowhere near in the league of Busquets and Busquets is only 24. Thiago is the heir to Xavi and he's also much better than Song. Where the heck did he think he was going to play? Just going to sit on the bench mostly and then transfer out in 2 years... complete waste.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 14 Dec 2012, 15:59

@raptor

Reyes, Arshavin, fabianski and Santos are/were not flops.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri 14 Dec 2012, 16:11

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm not even bothered about Walcott leaving.

Just as I wasn't about Song, Nasri
or Adebayor. van Persie and Cesc are the only players I'm 'angry' about. Players like Walcott, Song come and go, not a big deal.

If Arsene can do the job properly like he used to, he can get better replacements and everyone would forget about these players. van Persie and Cesc are different though, world class players which we can't sign, Arsenal had them and sold them.

On the other hand, Sagna leaving would have the same impact on me as van Persie & Cesc Sad

Another world class footballer to be replaced by a kid No
confused
sadly, they are the exact type of players we are missing.. a wide creative player who can keep possession well.. and a physical presence in midfield who tackles well, holds the ball under pressure and who can adds extra creativity from deep... more importantly these guys have one most important thing which our new signings dont have or take time to gain.. premier league experience.. we give them chances when they play s*** and finally when they start being good, they get sold..
i agree with Sri.. this could be the exact case with Ramsey too.. so we should give him a contract extension like any other player...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next