Can Madrid step up for the CL knockout rounds?

+28
LeSwagg James
Mamad
Art Morte
futbol
Muzza
chinomaster182
McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
FennecFox7
LeBéninois
Lord Hades
eyeopener
Le Samourai
Abramovich
danyjr
Donuts
huntsman
The Sanchez
the xcx
VanDeezNuts
Onyx
jontsu
sportsczy
Pedram
Luca
Ganso
Valkyrja
free_cat
32 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Can Madrid step up for the CL knockout rounds? Empty Can Madrid step up for the CL knockout rounds?

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Their form this season is very erratic. They are not able to sustain a good run of matches and have lost many games in every competition. Especially, they are unable to get results away from home.

Do you think they can improve for the CL knockouts or it will difficult for them to turn it around?

It is also possible that they do a Chelsea, aka play badly and still win, but I don't think they have the underdog reputation that allowed chelsea to play ultra-defensive every game, and playing like they usually do, I don't think they can win the CL by luck. They either improve their game, or they'll lose playing as they usually do.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Can Madrid step up for the CL knockout rounds? Empty Re: Can Madrid step up for the CL knockout rounds?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 pm

actually we were great in every big game this season except the dortmund match when we didn't have marcelo... so !?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Can Madrid step up for the CL knockout rounds? Empty Re: Can Madrid step up for the CL knockout rounds?

Post by Ganso Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm

You guys won on the last minute at the bernabeu on a 3-2 win,played pretty meh at Manchester and got bullied by Dortmund on both matches.Great in every big game?Definitely not.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 pm

likeastar wrote:actually we were great in every big game this season except the dortmund match when we didn't have marcelo... so !?

Kind of seems like Madrid is dependent on a leftback in order to play well by your post, I'm sure you don't mean it like that though because that would be absurd

Anyways, it depends on the draw. They say match ups make fights and it's applicable here

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 pm

We've been terrible this year.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 pm

tbh, we dominated Manchester and just didn't put away our chances. Scores should have been much bigger than they were.

Tonight, we played a fullback combo of Varane/arbeloa.

Our issue is width and that won't get solved until either Coentrao or Marcelo get back. Arbeloa has been awful too. We just need a new RB.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 pm

But, can they improve for the Knockouts?

Could tey not improve but pull a Chelsea?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsu Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Madrid will step up if their opponent is Schalke.
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Mourinho could get it right tactically and we could end up winning the CL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 pm

before Barca fans jump in on this, we do hold the La Liga trophy and you only have the Mickey Mouse CDR... so you might want to pipe it down until you actually hold some kind of trophy that's worth it lol.

We've also beaten you head-to-head so far this year by taking the supercup and getting a draw in your house.

So really, i don't really mind our position lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 pm

no doubt this has been our worst start to a season ever, definitely in recent history but at least we are not eliminated from any competition yet (technically anyways)

there is no reason why we cant turn this form around, especially considering the knockout stages are over 2 months away i think.

maybe a couple transfers in january could go a long way, who knows. we are really being hindered by our RB position especially, a lack of marcelo, and a lack of toughness + cohesion in the midfield.

to answer the question- ya its possible, its a long way away. we have great players we just need to come together as a team collectively

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 pm

no proper Fullbacks have taken its toll. Plus other numerous injuries tbh.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:before Barca fans jump in on this, we do hold the La Liga trophy and you only have the Mickey Mouse CDR... so you might want to pipe it down until you actually hold some kind of trophy that's worth it lol.

We've also beaten you head-to-head so far this year by taking the supercup and getting a draw in your house.

He's right you know. :coffee:
A thread is a thread and well it can prove some point if Madrid draw up Man U...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Luca wrote:
likeastar wrote:actually we were great in every big game this season except the dortmund match when we didn't have marcelo... so !?

Kind of seems like Madrid is dependent on a leftback in order to play well by your post, I'm sure you don't mean it like that though because that would be absurd

Anyways, it depends on the draw. They say match ups make fights and it's applicable here
It sounds silly,but imo yes,Madrid's attack and midfield depend a lot on Marcelo.As I said before, no one in this madrid team can link defense and attack well.You also have to look at the fact that CR's overall play gets significantly better with Marcelo.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:09 pm

I will answer youe question with another question:

Will Kaka be starting from this night forth in every game and match in all remaining competitions?

Whatever your answer is, is the answer to your question.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:before Barca fans jump in on this, we do hold the La Liga trophy and you only have the Mickey Mouse CDR... so you might want to pipe it down until you actually hold some kind of trophy that's worth it lol.

We can't make questions just because we are Barça fans?
I'm genuinely interested to see if people think Madrid can improve or not.

Btw, we are Copa del Rey and World Champions right now, fyi.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Don't worry about Barca fans, you guys have been so bad Atletico fans troll you more then Barcelona now. banana
Madrid doesn't mind being third now? How the big have fallen.

Last edited by Donuts on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:10 pm

huntsman wrote:I will answer youe question with another question:

Will Kaka be starting from this night forth in every game and match in all remaining competitions?

Whatever your answer is, is the answer to your question.

That made real sense. :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm not a Barcelona fan but if you're happy drawing against a team without all their 4 starting defenders then good luck to you for the rest of the season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:18 pm

I can't remember the last time they performed well in the CL rounds, apart from vs fodder.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Rest of the season? The season is already over.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Abramovich wrote:I can't remember the last time they performed well in the CL rounds, apart from vs fodder.

thats probably because youve only been watching football for a few years.

danyjr wrote:

I'm not a Barcelona fan but if you're happy drawing against a team without all their 4 starting defenders then good luck to you for the rest of the season.

youre not a barca fan? fooled me.

anyways everyone is getting away from the point. can madrid step up in the knockout stages playing a 1 seed team or not?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:26 pm

I believe Madrid still top 4 favorites in Champions league to be honest but at the sacrifice of losing every other competition xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Says the dutch recycled fan, BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

/slowclap

For the record all probably longer than you decided to glory support banana
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Abramovich wrote:Says the dutch recycled fan, BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

/slowclap

For the record all probably longer than you decided to glory support banana
Can we have that facist banned along side with Franchise?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next