LeVersacci
juventus101
Onyx
Valkyrja
crazzyblanco
106 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Manchester United - Page 11 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Manchester United

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Zealous wrote:Agreed but we're dangerous when we have the ball too. Just check out our goals against City. They were parking the bus hard and yet we managed to score three goal which unlocked their deep defence.

So United have two choices the way I figure. They either sit deep and hope we can't do that again or try to be more constructive with their play going forward on the counter (I.E. try to build from the back) opening the door for our pressure game to come into play.

Ferguson is going to shut down the middle and ask his team to build from out wide. It'll be interesting to see how we deal with that.

Maybe Ferguson will a adopt a more defensive strategy in the game which will take place this week.However, don't expect us to park the bus.When we will have a chance to attack, we will do it with all our players.This season we improved our attacking game in the central zone of the pitch and many of our goals came after some exquisite through passes.This fact is not to be neglected.Anyway, we must avoid to put your team on counter-attack, they can be deadly.Also, you are very good at finishing from inside the penalty box, sometimes you prove to have 100% efficiency so it will be hard to avoid conceding goals.At bernabeu, you are probably the strongest team in the world with Mourinho.

Anyway, Ferguson will use different tactics for the 2nd leg.We will play home and most often, the opposite teams suffer a lot when they play at Old Trafford in UCL.

Can't wait to see those games. Chaka

Bayern was one of the luckiest teams to ever get past Man United in UCL.Even on Allianz Arena, I remember that they scored after a deflected free kick and Vidic hit the crossbar with a header...blahs.You can expect something like this on OT, but this time, Rafael won't get a red card again:

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Manchester United - Page 11 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Manchester United

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Poor logic.

Man Utd have no issue going long and direct, they wont try and play there way out of danger like we do.

Agreed but we're dangerous when we have the ball too. Just check out our goals against City. They were parking the bus hard and yet we managed to score three goal which unlocked their deep defence.

So United have two choices the way I figure. They either sit deep and hope we can't do that again or try to be more constructive with their play going forward on the counter (I.E. try to build from the back) opening the door for our pressure game to come into play.

Ferguson is going to shut down the middle and ask his team to build from out wide. It'll be interesting to see how we deal with that.

I was merely referring to the logic that Madrid pressing being effective on Barca meaning it must be effective on Utd too.

Man Utd dont park the bus, they didnt vs us and they wont vs us. They will play.

You can press them high, we did too...but they have no issues going down the channels, they have the players to chase balls into those spaces. No problems turning the defence around and playing from there.

Thats the difference between them and us, we dont want to play balls which half the time wont work.

I agreed with you on the faulty logic part. I was just trying to say that United ceding possession to us with long balls at home may not be a good idea. It didn't really work for City (their danger came from Yaya runs) I don't think it'll work for United either since they have a smaller team especially up front.

Man Utd will play, never said they wouldn't I just don't think they'll be adventurous or look to keep the ball on our side of the pitch for too long in case we counter them, that's just not how Ferguson rolls any more. I can see us really pegging them back for a period during the game though. The game will depend on how we deal with their flanks, at least that's what I think.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Zealous wrote:Is it even a given that both will start? hmm

Ferguson will only play one striker and that will probably be Van Littleboyinme. Rooney will have to play deeper if he does play. Both are obviously great players though.

Rooney is practically an AM these days anyway so i don't see that as a problem.

Carrick and Cleverly will almost certainly be behind him and the defense will pick it self i imagine.

The question for Yanited will be the wide spots.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Sure, but City are crap Laughing

I would be very surprised if Fergie would allow Maicon to be raped by Cristiano and not change anything.

And I doubt Vidic ducks out the way of a shot, ala Kompany.

I dont disagree with much your saying though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 pm

vladdy wrote:
Zealous wrote:Agreed but we're dangerous when we have the ball too. Just check out our goals against City. They were parking the bus hard and yet we managed to score three goal which unlocked their deep defence.

Maybe Ferguson will a adopt a more defensive strategy in the game which will take place this week.However, don't expect us to park the bus.When we will have a chance to attack, we will do it with all our players.This season we improved our attacking game in the central zone of the pitch and many of our goals came after some exquisite through passes.This fact is not to be neglected.Anyway, we must avoid to put your team on counter-attack, they can be deadly.Also, you are very good at finishing from inside the penalty box, sometimes you prove to have 100% efficiency so it will be hard to avoid conceding goals.At bernabeu, you are probably the strongest team in the world with Mourinho.

Don't get me wrong I don't think United will park the bus. They will want to attack as well, I just think they will be more careful with how they position themselves. I don't see them playing a high line for example. I also don't see them playing 4-4-2 eco smile

vladdy wrote:Anyway, Ferguson will use different tactics for the 2nd leg.We will play home and most often, the opposite teams suffer a lot when they play at Old Trafford in UCL.

Can't wait to see those games. Chaka

Bayern was one of the luckiest teams to ever get past Man United in UCL.Even on Allianz Arena, I remember that they scored after a deflected free kick and Vidic hit the crossbar with a header...blahs.You can expect something like this on OT, but this time, Rafael won't get a red card again:

It'll be a tough game for us at OT but that's why I think Madrid will try to end the tie at the Bernabeu. Unlikely but that's what I think Madrid will try to do.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm

City was lucky not to concede at least 7 goals.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:Sure, but City are crap Laughing

I would be very surprised if Fergie would allow Maicon to be raped by Cristiano and not change anything.

And I doubt Vidic ducks out the way of a shot, ala Kompany.

I dont disagree with much your saying though.

Individual error is part of the game. The point is to put the opponent into a situation where error is more likely. You get my point eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Is it such a great guess that United won't play with a high line?

I've seen so many games, and it's not United's style.

It's just obvious.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Dutti wrote:Is it such a great guess that United won't play with a high line?

I've seen so many games, and it's not United's style.

It's just obvious.

I never said it was a great guess.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Utd have a smaller team than city? Am I blind lol?
Utd have scored more headers than any side in England.
Let's be honest, it's all about ronaldo here. All I'm reading is how utd will play. Our squad is more adaptable and can play to a high level. Madrid. Any and they have to adapt to us more than we do to them.
Who are Madrid anyway?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm

I guess you'll find out on wednesday.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:28 pm

cyberman wrote:Utd have a smaller team than city? Am I blind lol?
Let's be honest, it's all about ronaldo here. All I'm reading is how utd will play. Our squad is more adaptable and can play to a high level. Madrid. Any and they have to adapt to us more than we do to them.
Who are Madrid anyway?

Only a team that has 3 times the CL trophies that you have, 32 La Ligas and one of the biggest financial powers in Europe. Oh and if you still dont know who Madrid is, its the club that Ronaldo ditched you guys for
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Who are Madrid anyway?

Only a team that has 3 times the CL trophies that you have, 32 La Ligas and one of the biggest financial powers in Europe. Oh and if you still dont know who Madrid is, its the club that Ronaldo ditched you guys for
owned Laughing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Who are Madrid anyway?

This reminds me of what Maradona said about Thomas Muller...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 pm

time to get in there wayne you beauty
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm eager to this game to be honest. First time Madrid will be facing an important Premier League Club since 10 years. It will show if they are reall at the level advertised (second best team in the world) or they are just within the group of the rest. Bayern last season was the first test and they didn't pass it, this is definite IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 pm

spuds and city are important premier league clubs, and madrid proved to be equal to bayern last season, not superior nor inferior.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:47 pm

free_cat wrote:
I'm eager to this game to be honest. First time Madrid will be facing an important Premier League Club since 10 years. It will show if they are reall at the level advertised (second best team in the world) or they are just within the group of the rest. Bayern last season was the first test and they didn't pass it, this is definite IMO.

Who's the best team in the world ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Spurs and Man City aren't elite CL clubs imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:52 pm

likeastar wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Who's the best team in the world ?

granada :bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Yeah... Man City were not the defending champs and within 3 pts of Man U when we played them. Spurs sucked too. I mean they had to in order to beat Milan and finish 4th in EPL that year.

You guys are hilarious.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

What City do in the league isn't really relevant tbh, they couldn't even beat Ajax Laughing

As for Spurs, they are a good team but they are not part of the elite and never will be most likely.

So what Free says is fair, even if i don't agree Madrid need to prove anything they have proven plenty.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Who are Madrid anyway?

Wow, not one relevant point towards the match on wed.
Let's up we can cope with puskas and di stefano, those two will rip us apart. Or we might trip on Madrid carpet of money on the way out to the pitch, could cause injuries.
Or the emotional turmoil of seeing ronaldo leave us and help Madrid achieve so much while we linger in obscurity.
Oh woe is us..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:11 pm

free_cat wrote:

they faced a very important PL club in 2009 in case you do not remember :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What City do in the league isn't really relevant tbh, they couldn't even beat Ajax Laughing

As for Spurs, they are a good team but they are not part of the elite and never will be most likely.

So what Free says is fair, even if i don't agree Madrid need to prove anything they have proven plenty.
Madrid were given the mantle of 2nd best side after 1 season, they now suck balls. They've been average in Europe and the league tells its own story. What top tier side have they beat besides barca which are the only side they're custom built to defend against.
They have anshit load to prove, they're against a side on we'd that would beat them at Their 1 season wonder best, never mind now

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:14 pm

cyberman wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
Who are Madrid anyway?

Wow, not one relevant point towards the match on wed.
Let's up we can cope with puskas and di stefano, those two will rip us apart. Or we might trip on Madrid carpet of money on the way out to the pitch, could cause injuries.
Or the emotional turmoil of seeing ronaldo leave us and help Madrid achieve so much while we linger in obscurity.
Oh woe is us..

You questioned Madrid's identity, i simply responded. Woe is you guys indeed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next