Marotta: No contact with Drogba

3 posters

Go down

Marotta: No contact with Drogba  Empty Marotta: No contact with Drogba

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Juventus CEO Beppe Marotta has admitted that his side have made no contact to sign Didier Drogba in January.

Recent reports had suggested that a deal between the Bianconeri and the former Chelsea man were done, but the 57-year-old has today confirmed that those stories were fabricated.

“Drogba? No, we haven't made any contact,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “He would not be available anyway because of the African Cup of Nations.

“I don't know how people haven't realised this.

“Lucio has recently left the club and Giorgio Chiellini is injured, so we will be searching for a player to fill the central defender role.

“We have scored a lot of goals this season, and the January transfer window does not always provide the best options.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Marotta: No contact with Drogba  Empty Re: Marotta: No contact with Drogba

Post by inderbaby Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Fair enough...Just as we thought anyway...all just BS rumors! I do think we could bring back Immobile though instead of Genoa their half off to Palermo!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:32 pm

tbh I support this better to get great ST in June than to get stucked with average st
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:37 pm

We need a CB to cover for Chiellini urgently! Unless we can get Llorente cheap (I have a feeling he will end up in EPL though) or Villa/Higuain on loan with buy-out clause then the best thing would be to recall Immobile or Gabbiadini! I think we can cover the LWB position with Caceres, Padoin and PDC whilst Asamoah is away!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:58 am

DeviAngel wrote:tbh I support this better to get great ST in June than to get stucked with average st
Same here. Was rather looking forward to seeing Drogba at Juve but i suppose it isn't practical with AFC, age, language etc concerns.

Obviously, we need a quality ST and not another Bendtner...but key for me is someone who can guarantee goals in the Champions League. given this, i'm not really convinced about Villa/Higuain/Lewandoski as they're cup tied and i don't see much point signing a striker for the league only when we won the title last year with no one scoring more than 10 goals a season. What is needed is someone who is not cup-tied, will start and will guarantee 20+ goals/season. Llorente fits the bill but doesn't seem to be moving until July scratch

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down