Merging Sections Idea Vote_lcap100%Merging Sections Idea Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
Merging Sections Idea Vote_lcap0%Merging Sections Idea Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Merging Sections Idea Empty Merging Sections Idea

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:00 pm

There are sections currently that aren't active as others, but if they were merged together, then they may seem active.

If a not so active section gets merged now, but then has more supporters in the future, then it may be possible for them to have an individual section again. That would be up to the supporters of the club though, since they may enjoy posting in a merged section more than an individual one.

I think there were league sections before, but this idea is different. It's basically merging club sections together and discussing everything about football in that country.

Idea:

Merge the Man Utd section with the Man City, Spurs and possibly the Liverpool section. Call it English football or something similar.

The Man Utd, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool logos would be displayed. In this section everything EPL related can be discussed. I think this section would have the potential to be one of the most active on the forum.

-----------

Merge the Dortmund section with the Bayern section. Call it German Football or something similar. Display the Bayern and Dortmund logos.

--------------

Merge the Roma section with the Inter section. Call it Italian football or something similar. Display the Inter and Roma logos.

------------------------

Create a French football section. Display e.g. the PSG and Lyon logos.

------------------------

And these merged sections would be at the top.

For example the German Football section layout would look similar to this:

Merging Sections Idea Example

By layout, I mean how it would look with the images etc. Not the exact position of the section.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 5 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Merging Sections Idea Empty Re: Merging Sections Idea

Post by OLpower Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:02 pm

I approve.

A French football section would be better. Nobody is going into the "Rest of world section", basically the only place we can talk about French football is the general section.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 pm

OLpower wrote:I approve.

A French football section would be better. Nobody is going into the "Rest of world section", basically the only place we can talk about French football is the general section.

Yeh, I forgot to add PSG and French football. Adding it now.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:25 pm

smoking do not merge Roma others can do what ever u wish Twisted Evil
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:14 am

I'm not entirely against the idea, but it definitely would not work in some cases.

Roma and Inter, for example - 2 proudly different clubs, with 2 proudly different supporters, from 2 proudly different places. In the eyes of an outsider Roma or Inter supporter, it would convey that this forum has fundamental lack of understanding about those teams and Serie A.

I won't pretend to be a French football expert, but I would find it odd to have Lyon, Marseille and PSG supporters coexisting in their own section unless it was named something general, like "French Football" or "Ligue 1".

The issue with Italian, English, Spanish and German teams though is that there are some clubs that are popular on this forum in their own right and don't need merging, so they would be separate from these other groups which claim to be representing their whole league.

So you would end up with club team sections and then league sections minus the really popular clubs:

EPL minus Arsenal & Chelsea
Serie A minus Milan & Juve
La Liga minus Madrid & Barca
Bundesliga minus Bayern

...and that's not really a good look for the forum.

That being said, I think that since there are no really prominent French football fans of one club here, a French Football section could work well. I'd put it in the "OTHER FOOTBALL LEAGUES" category though.

This idea may also work for the Bundesliga, but I doubt Bayern fans would be willing to lose their own section for the sake of Greuther Fürth and the like.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:This idea may also work for the Bundesliga, but I doubt Bayern fans would be willing to lose their own section for the sake of Greuther Fürth and the like.
LOL, although it would probably worse for the Fürth fans as they are Franconians and being put together with Bavarians would be the worst punishment for them (same with Nuremburg). And of course real Dortmund fans would be strongly adverse to being lumped together with Schalke as Lüdenscheid-Nord and Herne-West don't mix well. And ask Viva about St.Pauli and the HSV. Or HSV and Werder... XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:36 am

Yeh, it would pretty much be 'French Football' or 'German Football', with the clubs logos showing.

Then inside the section you'd have for example PSG transfer news, Lyon transfers news etc etc, things that are usually in every club section.

However it would also be a general section as well, e.g. for Ligue 1. So it wouldn't just be 2 club sections merged.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:36 am

rwo power wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:This idea may also work for the Bundesliga, but I doubt Bayern fans would be willing to lose their own section for the sake of Greuther Fürth and the like.
LOL, although it would probably worse for the Fürth fans as they are Franconians and being put together with Bavarians would be the worst punishment for them (same with Nuremburg). And of course real Dortmund fans would be strongly adverse to being lumped together with Schalke as Lüdenscheid-Nord and Herne-West don't mix well. And ask Viva about St.Pauli and the HSV. Or HSV and Werder... XD
See what I mean! Laughing

~~~

I wanted to post this idea in the campaign for a PSG section thread, but since that's locked, I'll post it here...

With the expansion of the number of sub-sections in the club section, some clubs are moved down to the bottom. It can be annoying and inconvenient for some supporters, but most of all, it probably affects traffic to those clubs.

A simple solution would be to use the wasted space between the section name and the "topics" column.

So instead of what we have now...

Merging Sections Idea Fgll11

We would have something like this in columns...

Merging Sections Idea Fgl11

I think it's worth considering.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:40 am

I actually had an idea of having the club sections in 2 columns, however thought it wouldn't fit etc. However looking at that image, it could work.

I think the column idea could work well this merge sections idea. The merged sections would be on one side, with the club sections on the other.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:59 am

This will not be happening. If those sections are not as active, that is down to the fans on this forum not using them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:02 am

What about the columns idea?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:13 am

As long as the Chelsea section doesnt merge with anyone else im good, imagine a Chelsea/Spuds/Arsenal section Laughing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:32 am

We had a Serie A section and other league sections before, and they were not active at alll (whether or not that was due to club and general sections being more used, I don't know). I wouldn't see this working. As Mclewis said, it's unfortunately down to the fans Sad
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:31 am

McLewis wrote:This will not be happening. If those sections are not as active, that is down to the fans on this forum not using them.

If they were merged, since it's a league section as well, other fans who aren't fans of the clubs may post.

I know they can do that now, but it'd make more sense if they posted in the merged sections, since it's kinda like a general section too.

I know it partly is down to the fans, but just merging 2 inactive sections can kinda make the merged section look active.

zarola wrote:We had a Serie A section and other league sections before, and they were not active at alll (whether or not that was due to club and general sections being more used, I don't know). I wouldn't see this working. As Mclewis said, it's unfortunately down to the fans Sad

Yeh but those were league only sections. The idea here is 2 or more club sections get merged and form a new section. This section would also be a league section.

And with the the column idea above, the merged sections can be on one side and the club sections on the other. This would make the merged sections kinda stand out more as well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:38 am

No means no.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin