McLewis
Vibe
zarola
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clean up sections Empty Clean up sections

Post by zarola Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 21:59

I think it is time for some sections to go and for new ones to come in.

A FIFA 12 section is a must, where we can discuss the team of the week inform players, trade, find matches, discuss, and have stickied topics for the ps3 and 360 fifa tourny.

No one uses the champions league section or euro 2012 section etc or the individual league sections. My suggestion would be to rename the sections to their countries... for example serie a would become italy where nt and club talk can take place... bundesliga germany and etc.... if not, get rid of those sections completely.

Again, CL and all international football sections should be deleted.

I also think we should go on an advertising campaign sometime soon. The prediction league and fifa tournies are great bonuses to all the real discussion to make a member want to join and stay.

And lastly, I think if the prediction league shows well enough commitment it should get its own section so we can have an archive of all the old threads and results, and make vibe a mod there that way he can sticky his own topics.

Thanks for reading.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Clean up sections Empty Re: Clean up sections

Post by Vibe Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 22:45

Thanks zarola,I'm glad you appreciate the league that much.Don't think that's realistic though...I'm a bit of a liability to be a mod Smile
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 23:05

VibeTribe wrote:Thanks zarola,I'm glad you appreciate the league that much.Don't think that's realistic though...I'm a bit of a liability to be a mod Smile

It's realistic ...you dont necessarily have to become a mod, permissions can be set so that only you can create topics in that section and/or sticky topics... or there are many other alternatives.

The prediction league is phenomenal, the rules, the style... it is an amazing asset to this forum.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 0:05

Good ideas, Zarola. I especially am intrigued by the FIFA 12 section proposal.

I do agree as well that the unused sections will need to be addressed and so we shall do that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 0:18

I think the main problem is that threads that would fit into the "unused" sections usually are created in the general section. Why not move the older threads from the general section into the appropriate sections after a while and use them as kind of archive? That would make it easier to find stuff again, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 2:20

Great suggestions Zarola.

Whilst i dont care about FIFA 12 tbh The RB section has become an annoying place nowadays with loads of Ronaldo-Messi garbage moved over there.

Even a slight bit of comparision in the general section and its moved to the Rb section.Somebody a few days suggested a derby section ,I say that would be a innovative move in my opinion.We would perhaps also see the reduction of Barca-Madrid rubbish one has to view day in day out on the general forum.

At this point ,it may sound unrealistic but the mods can give it a thought i suppose.

Its not just the Cl ,but the matchday section and the league sections have literally become dead i must add.The only set of fans who i have seen post in the league section are the pl fans and a big credit goes to mole and co..Serie A section is also relatively active but the rest are just completely useless.

Either we forum members should take more interest and responsibility perhaps into posting in these sections more or the Mods should sincerely think about moving threads which are deemed unnecessary on general forum to their respective sections regardless of the no.of views or posts it gets.

For example this thread.https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t9623-juventus-napoli-udinese-rewarded-for-flair-a-lack-of-fear-against-ac-milan-inter.

Such threads could always be moved to the serie a section.

Well these are just my views you know and let us see what you mods can do about it.Also i agree with RWO.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 6:13

Absolutely agreed. While I pushed for the creation of sections in the past it's clear that these have not worked out. As a suggestion, I would delete the following:

Delete: Champions League
ALL International Football
Bundesliga
La Liga
Ligue 1
Liga Sagres
Dutch Eredivisie

Create: Gaming (mostly for FIFA 12)
Derby Section
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 7:08

can we have a barca vs RM section?
if we had one of them the GS, RB section etc would be 999999999999x better
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 7:53

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Absolutely agreed. While I pushed for the creation of sections in the past it's clear that these have not worked out. As a suggestion, I would delete the following:

Delete: Champions League
ALL International Football
Bundesliga
La Liga
Ligue 1
Liga Sagres
Dutch Eredivisie

Create: Gaming (mostly for FIFA 12)
Derby Section
AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, RENAME THE A-LEAGUE AS AUSTRALIA.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 7:55

If every thread was moved where it should go then the general section would be empty mostly since most thread topic are about a specific team or player and not just "General Football".

As for the Fifa section that would be fantastic tbh. Although not a gaming section seeing as how the offtopic section is that and there really isn't a whole lot of general interest in the whole community with games that aren't football related. Maybe a Fifa/Football Manager section would work nicely since I know there's going to be quite alot of people playing FM since FM2012 is released Oct. 21.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 9:03

My point was more - keep the sections as archives and move threads with the last post older than maybe 3 or 4 weeks into the appropriate sections. Then one could keep the general section as the main meeting point while the specific sections are good to look up older stuff that now totally gets lost in the general part.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:08

I see and like your idea, RWO.

I personally, am hesitant to simply remove all of those sections. Yes, they're not being used, but it does "fill out" our main page. Using them as an archive of sorts is a good way of reducing old and out-dated threads in the gen section as well as actually giving these empty forums a different if not better purpose.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:52

We need PES thread to Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 21:43

Yeah, I still think we have a lot of work to do on the forums. When we started up, I believe there was talk of changing sections around, but also the forum theme, which never happened. And what about the marketing campaign? Laughing
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 21:52

Saetablanca wrote:Yeah, I still think we have a lot of work to do on the forums. When we started up, I believe there was talk of changing sections around, but also the forum theme, which never happened. And what about the marketing campaign? Laughing

we don't advertise on this forums...about the forum there we spoke on another thread
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 22:03

Thanks for the replies.

I think that renaming serie a, bundesliga, etc. to their countries would work. People psot in their club's section... why wouldnt they in their country's? Lots of italy talk takes place in the juve or general section because we have no where else to go.

It is worth a shot, at least the mainpage would still look full.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 23:08

DeviAngel wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:Yeah, I still think we have a lot of work to do on the forums. When we started up, I believe there was talk of changing sections around, but also the forum theme, which never happened. And what about the marketing campaign? Laughing

we don't advertise on this forums...about the forum there we spoke on another thread

No, I mean marketing this forum. To get more people, you know?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 23:52

thats our laziness Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 1:08

What's the marketing campaign?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 2:21

You guys what we really needs is a Video/Graphics section, where we can show our videros and graphics. Seems to be very popular with many users, and instead of posting all mixed up, Video and GFX threads in the off topic section we should make it all into one section.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 14:03

... I know it hasn't been that long and I'm being impatient but I'm hoping this isn't one of those things that just withers away and dies, can we at least get a FIFA section in the near future?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 20:45

We had a two threads for FIFA11... I fail to see why we suddenly need an entire section for 12. 3 threads is not justification for a new section, IMO (of course, this will still be discussed and decided on by all Admins, not just me).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 0:45

Great change guys Thumbs up Thumbs up cheers cheers

May I suggest moving The Hub up above international and leagues? It would make it more accessible and perhaps increase participation in the new sections.

Also, again just a suggestion, what happened to the old section? If not too time consuming (and I realize you guys have lives Razz ) could someone move the active threads to the corresponding section? That way we could carry on old conversations. Nevermind, you guys are already doing this. Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 0:49

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Also, again just a suggestion, what happened to the old section? If not too time consuming (and I realize you guys have lives Razz ) could someone move the active threads to the corresponding section? That way we could carry on old conversations. Nevermind, you guys are already doing this. Razz
I've hidden it from view atm so we can sort the threads with peace lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 0:50

i suggest that you only move the threads from October/Sept to their right place and leave the rest in the Odds & Ends section..
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next