BVB - Player of the year (2012)

4 posters

Go down

BVB - Player of the year (2012)

BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_lcap29%BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_lcap0%BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_lcap14%BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_lcap0%BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_lcap14%BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_lcap29%BVB - Player of the year (2012) Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

BVB - Player of the year (2012) Empty BVB - Player of the year (2012)

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 am

2012 is coming to an end, it was an eventful twelve months. BVB went to a record season and more than deserved Cup win in Berlin (5-2 against Bayern Munich) which is the first double in the history of the club.

It is emphasized again and again that the star of the team is the team itself but there has to be one outstanding player that contributed a little more in the last 12 months.

Which player would that be and why? For me personally it's extremely hard to pick one so I'm making a top 3 and giving reasons.

1. Roman Weidenfeller - The goalkeeper had an outstanding year. Highlight of the year has to be the penalty saved against Robben. Best player of 2012 for me (Löw must be blind)

2. Kuba - I used not to rate him but he had a fantastic 2nd half season in 2011/12 and now a good first half season too. Deserves the 2nd spot just because he had an amazing jump from an average 'utility' footballer to an outstanding key player.

3. Ilkay Gündogan - If I'm not mistaken we've lost only one match with him all year, and it was the scandalous Wolfsburg match. His importance is highlighted with this stat alone, without him and Götze there's no creativity in the first team and is now a key player. He also made the difference from being a 'flop signing' (in the first half season of 2011/12) to a 'key player' in 2012.

I didn't include the likes of Lewandowski, Götze, Kagawa and Reus in my top 3 because they were inconsistent (Lewandowski) or missed half of the year (Kagawa, Götze and Reus).

Poll will be run for 7 days.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

BVB - Player of the year (2012) Empty Re: BVB - Player of the year (2012)

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 pm

3. - Roman Weidenfeller, one of the most underrated 'keepers out there, had three brilliant seasons in a row now, and is testament to Löws biased selection. Caling influence on the back line, can motivate them as well if they pick up some slack, no obvious weaknesses.

2. - Sven Bender, the vacuum. I really think he brings enormous stability to Dortmund, even though they rotate him with Gündogan and Kehl these days, but against the strongest of opposition, he is a great asset to have, brilliant tackles, runs the most miles in every game he plays, decent opening, a shot that is good enough to make him able to draw defenders out of position, and defensively his positioning is just as superb as his tackling. Brilliant defensive midfielder.

1. - Mats Hummels.
Not much to say. Brilliant defender, despite a few errors here and there, which all defenders are guilty of once in a while, he has been boss. Great aerial game, great technique, perfect positioning, quite good at tackling, and most of all - the guy is basically a playmaker. Good dribbling, decent pace, hugely amazing long passing, he's even got a decent shot on him and is an aerial goal thread that makes it necessary to mark him in dead ball situations. Dortmunds match winner.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Bundesliga's top scorer last season,scored in the 2 most important games of Dortmund's season against Bayern in the league and in the final of the DFB Pokal..Scored 19 goals in all competitions this season.I know he's not the best finisher around but i still think he's had a fantastic year overall and his achievements shouldnt be overlooked in my opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:23 pm

Weide, because he saved many points for the BVB.

LOL, I just noticed - the Forumotion poll doesn't seem to like Lewandowski XD
BVB - Player of the year (2012) X12
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down