+4
S
CBarca
Motogp69
The Sanchez
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading Empty English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading

Post by The Sanchez Mon 31 Dec 2012, 03:12

Tottenham will host Reading in their first game in the New Year. Andre Villas-Boas, who now now has the best win record (62.5 percent) of any Tottenham manager since 1908, will still be confident his side can get all three points against lowly Reading despite the loss of Gareth Bale due to suspension.
I can personally see a comfortable Tottenham victory with Reading's leaky defense.

Match Details

Competition: Premier League
Date: 2 January 2013
Game week: 21
Kick-off: 02:00
Venue: White Hart Lane (London)

----------------Lloris------------------
Walker--Dawson--Vertoghen--Naughton
-----------Sandro---Brave Scotty Parker------------
---Lennon-----Sigurdsson---Dempsey--
----------------Adebayor-------------

I can see AVB changing the lineup a bit. Feel free of correcting the line up!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading Empty Re: English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading

Post by Motogp69 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 04:20

I agree, I see us with this lineup:

--------------------Lloris--------------------

Walker--Dawson--Caulker--Naughton

Lennon----Sandro----Dembele----Bale

--------------Defoe--Adebayor------------

However, I hope that I see:

--------------------Lloris--------------------

Walker--Dawson--Caulker--Naughton

------Sandro----Dembele---Bale---------

------Lennon--------------Dempsey-------

------------------Defoe-----------------------
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading Empty Re: English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading

Post by Motogp69 Mon 31 Dec 2012, 04:24

God I wish we could play a 3-4-3, I think I'm spoiled by all these FIFA games. I would just love to see Dempsey in the center left with Sigi on the wing as an overlap for Bale.

Dreams.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon 31 Dec 2012, 05:39

Can we get it clear that Bale is suspended due to picking up his 5th yellow card
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 31 Dec 2012, 06:48

Yes he is.

Is Dembele injured? I didn't see the last game but I don't think he is.

I like your lineup, but I would switch Ade and Defoe, and Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker with Dembele if he is fit.

We could also go for the 4-4-2.

------------------Lloris----------------------
--Walker--Caulker--Vertonghen--Naughton----
---Lennon--Sandro--Dembele---Dempsey----
-------------Ade----------Defoe---------

In that lineup Vertonghen may go left and Dawson fill in or something.

Should be a comfortable 3 points.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon 31 Dec 2012, 07:09

Dembele picked up a knock but was able to play last game though he has started two games in a row and I was thinking maybe a change. Brave Scotty Parker seems fit to play. Doesn't need to play the full game but maybe 60 minutes and bring on Dembele.
I thought Adebayor because Defoe has again started a lot of games in a short number of days and well Adebayor probably deserves the minutes to start the game. Bring on Defoe and switch to a 4-2-2?
I'm worried about Walker though. Hasn't performed well in the past few games...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 31 Dec 2012, 20:05

I don't think Defoe has played much more than Ade. Against Reading I can see AVB opting to put both Defoe and Ade up front and look to be very positive against a leaky Reading defense.

It MAY be possible BAE will be back for the Reading game- as AVB said recently. I don't see him starting though. It would be nice to see him come on as sub.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue 01 Jan 2013, 00:45

If fit, he will come on for the last 10-15 minutes.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 01 Jan 2013, 09:01

I'm not sure how accurate any of these predictions are though tbh, take them with a pinch of salt.

I'm still feeling out AVB's rotation system. Until now, it seems like he hasn't had one lol Razz

What I can predict is an easy Tottenham win. Defoe and Ade to score (both after missing several 1v1's), and Dempsey will score if he plays.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:48

Just tuned in to the game and its 1-1 at Half Time.

Pogrebnyak and Dawson the goalscorers coming in the 4th and 10th minute respectively.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 01 Jan 2013, 18:00

FT 3 - 1

I'm happy both for Villas-Boas and Spurs for their top-4 challenge. There's life after Chelsea / Redknapp.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:24

CBarca wrote:I'm not sure how accurate any of these predictions are though tbh, take them with a pinch of salt.

I'm still feeling out AVB's rotation system. Until now, it seems like he hasn't had one lol Razz

What I can predict is an easy Tottenham win. Defoe and Ade to score (both after missing several 1v1's), and Dempsey will score if he plays.

Ended up being pretty close to the perfect prediction. Still waiting for the replay, but sounds like from the reports the game was never in doubt even when it was 1 - 1 at the half.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:32

Replace Defoe with Dawson and I was right lol

Missed the game however. This screwed me over
Date: 2 January 2013

I didn't bother checking to see if that was correct or not. Reading some articles it looks like we dominated. Good- I can't wait to see the next game. Good to see Ade get on the scoresheet especially.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:10

Arsenal tied Southampton 1-1 rofl

Sometimes I watch Arsenal and I'm like Proud

Assuming Arsenal win their game in hand- which is nothing you should never assume, especially against Man City- we still have a 2 point cushion.

Tottenham's next 5 fixtures, Arsenal's next 5 fixtures:

Tottenham l Arsenal
QPR - Away l Man City - Home
Man U - Home l Chelsea - Away
Norwich - Away l Liverpool - Home
West Brom - Away l Stoke - Home
Newcastle - Home l Sunderland - Away

I think we'll get more points than them over the next 5 fixtures. You guys want to predict?
I'm guessing for us: W,D,W,W,W
Arsenal: L,L,W,D,W

Of course, I'm being very optimistic as well, but I think even without optimism, we're picking up more points in the coming weeks.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:27

Our game in hand is against West ham
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 01 Jan 2013, 23:34

Again, not exactly an easy fixture for Arsenal. One I see them drawing to be honest.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 01 Jan 2013, 23:46

I know, was just saying.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 02 Jan 2013, 00:47

Sorry CBarca, I'll get English times next time/dates.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 02 Jan 2013, 01:13

Saw some of the highlights and well Spurs could have been in trouble with a clearance off the line that could have brought it to 2-2 but then it was safe after Dempsey's goal. Its kinda wierd to see Dempsey wear the number 2 jersey when he is a winger... Usually you see that kind of player wearing the No. 7 or higher number jerseys.
Defoe again had a great game as did Lennon and Dawson.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 02 Jan 2013, 01:43

The Sanchez wrote:Sorry CBarca, I'll get English times next time/dates.

Lol it's fine, it's my fault for being lazy and not checking that, which I should have done anyway, but should have especially done knowing you're from Australia Razz

RealGunner wrote:I know, was just saying.

Yep, thanks. I couldn't find it on your fixture list :/
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 02 Jan 2013, 02:10

CBarca wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Sorry CBarca, I'll get English times next time/dates.

Lol it's fine, it's my fault for being lazy and not checking that, which I should have done anyway, but should have especially done knowing you're from Australia Razz

RealGunner wrote:I know, was just saying.

Yep, thanks. I couldn't find it on your fixture list :/

Stupid damn Aussies... Clubber English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading 2276801876
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 08:27

The Sanchez wrote:Saw some of the highlights and well Spurs could have been in trouble with a clearance off the line that could have brought it to 2-2 but then it was safe after Dempsey's goal. Its kinda wierd to see Dempsey wear the number 2 jersey when he is a winger... Usually you see that kind of player wearing the No. 7 or higher number jerseys.

Didn't watch the game but ive read differently about Defoe, hes been in good form start of the season but now hes only scored 1 in 5... and i think we will end up as a better team if we start playing with Ade leading the line and Clint/Siggy behind him
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu 03 Jan 2013, 01:20

nh01 wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Saw some of the highlights and well Spurs could have been in trouble with a clearance off the line that could have brought it to 2-2 but then it was safe after Dempsey's goal. Its kinda wierd to see Dempsey wear the number 2 jersey when he is a winger... Usually you see that kind of player wearing the No. 7 or higher number jerseys.

Didn't watch the game but ive read differently about Defoe, hes been in good form start of the season but now hes only scored 1 in 5... and i think we will end up as a better team if we start playing with Ade leading the line and Clint/Siggy behind him

Tbh, when I mean again I mean good form from last game. I can agree with your tactics though.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 03 Jan 2013, 02:30

It's not like Ade has been lighting the world on fire either. I think both have 1 in 6 right now.

I think Ade's overall play is superior, but his finishing is just as erratic if not worse than Defoe's.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:45

The amount of chances we are creating and not finishing is so annoying. If we had a true goal poacher we would be winning alot more games with a higher GD
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next