+4
S
CBarca
Motogp69
The Sanchez
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading - Page 2 Empty Re: English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading

Post by nh01 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:45 pm

The amount of chances we are creating and not finishing is so annoying. If we had a true goal poacher we would be winning alot more games with a higher GD

nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading - Page 2 Empty Re: English Premier League: Tottenham vs Reading

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am

you guys should get Damiao asap.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 am

Ganso wrote:you guys should get Damiao asap.

How good is he? I don't watch the Brazilian league nor the NT that much.

We've wanted him for quite a while. Hopefully if we can finish in a CL place this year and bring in some more top players, that will motivate him to come here.

Is he good enough for Spurs? And can he put away most the chances we create? Cause Spurs need a top striker...desperately. Daimiao seems to me like he fits the bill.

Agreed Nh01. We need a top striker more than anything.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 am

I rate the guy. Holds the ball well and good finisher. Would fit better as the only forward. Spurs have constantly been linked with him and hopefully with a CL birth in our grasps it will encourage him to come along. Definitely would be a good replacement for Defoe.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm

He didnt go well in the season that just finished, only 7 goals or something
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am

Appearances l Goals l Goals per game l
129 l 74 l 0.57 l

His goalscoring record in Brazil.

Compare this to Neymar- one of the best Brazilian players and one of the most talented players in the world right now, with a team built around his brilliance.

Appearances l Goals l Goals per game
202 l 123 l 0.60

He finished with 24 goals last year Nh01, and 38 the year before. These stats are from Wikipedia btw cause I'm lazy, but I'm pretty sure they are just about right if not 100% correct.

He also scored 6 with the Olympic team this summer. In six games.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm

CBarca wrote: Appearances l Goals l Goals per game l
129 l 74 l 0.57 l

His goalscoring record in Brazil.

Compare this to Neymar- one of the best Brazilian players and one of the most talented players in the world right now, with a team built around his brilliance.

Appearances l Goals l Goals per game
202 l 123 l 0.60

He finished with 24 goals last year Nh01, and 38 the year before. These stats are from Wikipedia btw cause I'm lazy, but I'm pretty sure they are just about right if not 100% correct.

He also scored 6 with the Olympic team this summer. In six games.

This is the reason why i am not too over excited about him. (I stole this from a friend)

------------------------------------------------

In Brazil there are 2 leagues, the regular national league Brazilian Serie A and the State Championship, so whatever state the team is located, for Internacional the State League is Campeonato Gaucho (Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil). In the early days of football in Brazil they didn't have a proper "league", the state championships were the league and clubs would player each other in a variety of tournaments. The logistics of Brazil made traveling difficult pre-60s, also the domestic football was pretty disorganized in general. The modern version of the Campeonato Brasileiro started in 1971, Brazil had won 3 World Cups before it had a proper league.

The reason why this is important for footballers from Brazil is that the goal scoring records can often be misleading. Some of the clubs in the state championships are literally amateur sides who can barely field teams and the bigger boys in the state will come in and crush them. Brazilian agents and marketing interest haven't stressed the difference for obvious reasons, so when they advertise Leandro's goal scoring records it shows 74 goals in 129 appearances. He still scored those goals but 32 where scored in the State Championships, that has to be considered when buying a player. Also some of his goals in the Copa Libertadores have been gluts against weak opposition, like when he crushed a Bolivian team which couldn't stop anyone from scoring.

The best way to judge Leandro Damaio is by his Campeonato Brasileiro (Serie A) goal scoring record. The Brazilian league is actually underrated by Europeans constantly. It's not Top 5 but it's a Top 10 league in the world. Also the clubs have more balance than most leagues in Europe, more clubs have a chance to win. Look at Santos, they have one of the best young players in the world and a strong team and they don't run away with the league every season, far from it. So for Leandro the best competition to look at his stats is the national league and over the past 3 seasons he's scored 7/14/7. I understand he's young but he's not nearly as lethal as people regularly suggest he is and paying £15m for him is a risk any way you look at it.

His stats and profile have been inflated by the State Championships. I think he's a decent young player but I'm not convinced he's the best player in his age group or younger. If he's the choice than I support him but I have to admit I'm concerend.
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 am

Well yeah that's all fine and dandy and they're valid points, they really are, but when you look at goalscoring records, if you want to avoid being mislead (which is always going to happen anyway cause stats mean f*ck all), look at goalscoring records relative to other players. Like I've showed here, Damiao is a mere .03 goals per game behind one of the best young players in the world right now, Neymar.

I'm less concerned with his goalscoring record and more with his overall ability (please see the article I posted about him in another section). I'm also more concerned with what resident Brazilians have to say about his ability- and I've seen Catracho and Ganso praise Damiao several times, and say he would be a good signing for Spurs. There are other, smaller factors too like the fact that our own Brazilian revelation (at least this season) Sandro is from the same team as Damiao, and that Spurs have been after him for a while.

You look at players coming from Brazil or Argentina and it is hard to judge how they would do in Europe. I don't know, maybe I'm going out on a limb, maybe I'm trusting what other people say too much to make up for the lack of my own knowledge of seeing him play, but I look at Damiao and he really is different from the typical Brazilian forward. I think he could do well here, and I think he's worth the risk, and I think he's worth the 15 million pounds.

Especially when we need a striker who's capable of scoring goals. I mean goalscoring records are a part of it, but they don't tell the full tale at all. Suarez ripped up the Dutch league...and when Liverpool were buying him, one could point out, "yeah but that league has bad defense"-yet he's been a top 3 striker this year in the EPL if not the best (with RVP). I'm more concerned with the other aspects I've read about him, and they're good enough to convince me he's worth it.

Specifically the fact that AVB has personally met with him, scouted him, and suggested him makes him worth it to me already.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am

Damiao:

The Brazil striker said: ”For now, I assure you I’ll stay. There is no offer, no negotiation. But I can’t say I’ll stay if an offer comes in.”

His agent has also been talking to the Zero Hora newspaper, Vinicius Prates: ”I have not received any offers, I can assure you… I don’t think he [Damiao] will leave in January because he is happy at Internacional and under contract until 2015
--------------

He isnt RVP or Ibra,but he isnt a technique-less scrub.He even has a trademark dribble,the rainbow flick lol.here are some of the times he did it

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am

Ganso do you think if Spurs were to put in a bid from 15 million to 20 million pounds, that Internacional would accept?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 am

If Damiao wants to leave,then yes.If he doesn't,then it would take a bit more than that,maybe what chelsea paid to us for Oscar.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Well shit.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Lol all valid points so far. Maybe Damiao should have his own thread Razz
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2