Vlad the Impaler
rwo power
Kaladin
7amood11
juventus101
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Serie A really on decline? Empty Is Serie A really on decline?

Post by juventus101 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Okay, the Milan teams are not nearly as strong as they were in the past. But Juve is the strongest its benn for a while, and Catania, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli, etc have all gotten stronger. If you think about it, only Milan, Inter, Udinese, and Palermo have gotten weaker. The rest have all gotten stronger. What do you think? Im not saying its not weaker for the record, im just asking a question.

Last edited by juventus101 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Serie A really on decline? Empty Re: Is Serie A really on decline?

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 pm

I think Serie A has been on a noticeable decline since Calciopoli in 2006. The decline stopped at around 2010 or so, and I believe it's been improving over the last two seasons.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm

I believe Serie A will be in decline IF the league doesn't take certain steps to follow

Italian football subjected itself to austere economic measures long before the country and the rest of southern Europe did the same. While national belt tightening has largely been imposed by external EU forces, Italy's clubs have themselves recognised they need to cut back. Milan's net spent since 2003 is effectively zero, while the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid demonstrated the severe state of the club's finances./

Kaka was desperate to stay, and said so. "I wanted to stay on at Milan," said the Brazilian. "But the club is in a big crisis [financially]. That crisis has hardly abated, and Milan, along with Juventus, habitually post big losses at the end of each financial year."

Since Milan's defeat to Liverpool in the Champions League final in 2005, just four Serie A clubs have reached the semi-finals. In the same period 14 Premier League clubs have reached the last four. The Premier League and La Liga have certain advantages over Serie 'A' mainly in terms of the size and distribution of TV money but that doesn't make the decline any easier to take.

The Italian league is facing an exodus, the best players want to move because the money's not there to keep them, and the lack of top talent has reduced the league's prestige, further lowering the commercial appeal of the league./

Not to mention most of the teams don't have their own Stadium to begin with, so they have to rely on sponsorships/T.V. deals to drive the monetary pillars.

Getting the clubs back on a firm financial footing would begin the process of breaking this cycle. The youth is what will drive Italy back into top-flight football and i firmly believe so.

Gennaro Gattuso, once said about the financial situation of Milan. "If I was Massimiliano Allegri, I would not be able to sleep at night."

Off the pitch, huge losses, spiralling debts and unsustainable player wage bills strangle the top Serie A clubs, and prevent them from competing with Spain, England and now France for the top talent. Eight clubs in Serie A posted profits, or broke even, during the 2010/11 season, including Parma and Lazio, two clubs to have overcome severe economic crises in the last 15 years. So it can be done, unfortunately, Italy's top clubs record by far the biggest losses.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:42 pm

I think that "exodus of (foreign) superstars" due to financial problems might actually become a boon for Serie A as now clubs are forced to concentrate more on youth and creating their own stars. The advantage in educating youngsters to become the new generation of top players is that there will be more identification with the clubs and of course it is much more financially stable to have good, young players on sensible wages than aging superstars that demand as much as a dozen youngsters and in the end don't really help the clubs much anymore other than via shirt sales.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't think that Serie A is on decline.Juventus is now a topclass team in Europe; Lazio, Napoli, Fiorentina and AS Roma are difficult and spectacular teams imo.Lazio played against Tottenham (one of the best teams in EPL) and looked very good.Inter Milano & AC Milan are still teams with tradition and great ambition, so they mustn't be underestimated.

Stadiums are big enough, but yes....they are not modern enough.

The NT of Italy is fabulous.In Serie A, there are many young talented guys that show great potential on every positions (I believe no1 in Europe at this).

Financially talking, there are teams & teams...like everywhere, but for example La Liga isn't doing better right now.

Problems with the referees? I don't think so. Every top league in Europe has the same situation with the refs and I don't call it a bad situation, just try to get used to it.

The only problems (for entire European Leagues) are PSG, City and maybe Chelsea & Real Madrid were last seasons, because they were buying everything they wanted in Europe without having any difficulties.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Serie A is on it's way back up...
Alot of team are investing in youth,stadiums & better televising...

Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm

No I don't think so I see Serie A on the rise. Why ? Change of style of play no more boring defensive game, even serie B plays like that every time i watch those games I am amazed. Our weaker teams are getting stronger you can say that the bigger clubs are getting weaker that's why but I mean look at it from this way. Bologna for example has such talents like they've soold G.Ramirez.

Udinese is a team to beat even thou they have drop in form we saw they even beat Arsenal but the lack of experience costed them. Fiorentina can beat any team except Barcelona/Real they are playing beautful football full with player like Borja,Aquilani,Jovetic.

Teams started building their stadiums and rise their aspirations believe it or not Serie A slowly is coming back to its best slowly but surly.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 pm

My concern is that the better teams in Italy continuously look at buying players within Serie A. They are not trying to lure players from other leagues.

Juve for example always raid the likes of udinese and the buys are more safe, minimal risk. But looking back at the mid 90's when zidane, deschamps, Sousa, davids and so many others were bought and it added a lot to the teams and eventually the overall quality of the league. Now only toned Italians or experienced players who have played in Serie A for 5 years being looked at.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm

vasanthPato wrote:My concern is that the better teams in Italy continuously look at buying players within Serie A. They are not trying to lure players from other leagues.

Juve for example always raid the likes of udinese and the buys are more safe, minimal risk. But looking back at the mid 90's when zidane, deschamps, Sousa, davids and so many others were bought and it added a lot to the teams and eventually the overall quality of the league. Now only toned Italians or experienced players who have played in Serie A for 5 years being looked at.

I think players avoid Serie A to much and tbh its not so easy to succeed in Serie A for foreign players plus the taxes on their salaries
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:23 pm

roma and catania havent got stronger lol

and yes serie a is on decline, because at the end of the day is the top clubs that matter, and since teams like milan and inter that were the reason italy was held high in europe got weaker serie a dropped quality overall

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Do you guys think it's a wise idea to cut the league to 18 teams and divide the TV money among them that way? I read it somewhere a couple of weeks ago, and they made some very good arguments for it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Idiot wrote:roma and catania havent got stronger lol

and yes serie a is on decline, because at the end of the day is the top clubs that matter, and since teams like milan and inter that were the reason italy was held high in europe got weaker serie a dropped quality overall

Roma on their day can beat any team.Have you seen them play ? Haven't got stronger ? How about Lamela,Pjanic,Osvaldo,Destro,Bradley add Totti,De Rossi ?

Milan and Inter are going trough changes of generation it's not easy to go trough that. You've got one club like Napoli on the rise full with quality a team which half of their players would play in frist team everywhere.

Catania? Catania is liek Stoke City its almost impossible for a team to win there.

Last edited by DeviAngel on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Do you guys think it's a wise idea to cut the league to 18 teams and divide the TV money among them that way? I read it somewhere a couple of weeks ago, and they made some very good arguments for it.

Cutting or not cutting the problems will remain if they think that the teams are the problems. Teams in Serie A pay to much money to their city's for playing in their stadiums and not owning them. After changing the style of play the second step is taken and its named building stadiums.

Last edited by DeviAngel on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Do you guys think it's a wise idea to cut the league to 18 teams and divide the TV money among them that way?
It depends. You have 4 matches less and thus lack the revenue of these, but then you have 4 matches less and can give the players a nicer winter break and keep them fresher. (BL has 18 teams, for example)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:47 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Udinese is a team to beat even thou they have drop in form we saw they even beat Arsenal but the lack of experience costed them. Fiorentina can beat any team except Barcelona/Real they are playing beautful football full with player like Borja,Aquilani,Jovetic.

We won both games. Wink
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

Roma on their day can beat any team.Have you seen them play ? Haven't got stronger ? How about Lamela,Pjanic,Osvaldo,Destro,Bradley add Totti,De Rossi ?

Milan and Inter are going trough changes of generation it's not easy to go trough that. You've got one club like Napoli on the rise full with quality a team which half of their players would play in frist team everywhere.

Catania? Catania is liek Stoke City its almost impossible for a team to win there.

roma was always strong as well as catania
im aware of catania's strong home ground but that didnt occur this season rather its long time now..

as a team roma have changed, and have changed a lot and thats cause of zeman probably but mentioning couple of good individuals wont change the fact that their position right now is what they usually achieve or even worse, right now you can and probably will presume judgement over their last results but it will still be flawed, we can only wait until the end of the season to make a fair conclusion imho

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Rev wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

We won both games. Wink

Don't get me wrong bro I never said you wouldn't I am aying that Udinese wasn't just a game they really give you a battle but still the experience was on your side

Idiot wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

roma was always strong as well as catania
im aware of catania's strong home ground but that didnt occur this season rather its long time now..

as a team roma have changed, and have changed a lot and thats cause of zeman probably but mentioning couple of good individuals wont change the fact that their position right now is what they usually achieve or even worse, right now you can and probably will presume judgement over their last results but it will still be flawed, we can only wait until the end of the season to make a fair conclusion imho

You said they haven't got stronger that's why I mentioned the individuals Roma lack identity as a team and character but they are really really strong if met on the right day they can beat anyone.

Catania will always be behind Lazio,Napoli,Udine,Fiorentina teams who can cause troubles to really a lot of clubs in Eu ... Serie A is not in decline its just rebuilding good and a step by step Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Of course,especially at the Emirates they really gave us a run for our money.

Udinese of 2 years ago would be up there with Lazio and Fiorentina competing for that CL spot.

Too bad they sold half of their starting 11 since then. Sad
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:11 pm

There was no question we were on an exponential drop there for a while. Now, we hit rock bottom. Everyone knew it was time for change, and that is exactly what is going on. Look at Roma, plans to build their own stadium, fast, young, athletic team. Roma is truly on the rise. All of Serie A is waking up and building young strong teams, and most have plans for new stadiums. I'm not going to say we will go out and purchase champion after champion, but we will build our champions. If we can build great players, then every other season purchase that one or two players that we really need, how much different are we than Barcelona? That's their whole philosophy, and should be for the rest of the football world.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 am

vasanthPato wrote:My concern is that the better teams in Italy continuously look at buying players within Serie A. They are not trying to lure players from other leagues.

Yh..blame Juve
Because Milan selling their big name players is also helping Serie A...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 am

Cotes wrote:

Yh..blame Juve

He said '' for example '' . you both are right
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:46 am

DeviAngel wrote:I think players avoid Serie A to much and tbh its not so easy to succeed in Serie A for foreign players plus the taxes on their salaries
Serie A is much easier to adjust to, than the other top leagues. Agreed with the financial part, we all know the solution for it, better stadia. Also on my visit to Italy, I was surprised to find out that there were no stadium tours in San Paolo and the Artemio Franchi. So better marketing will also help. The taxing is on par with spain, is it not?
Cotes wrote:Yh..blame Juve
Selective reading ftw!

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 pm

It's going to come down to whether Italian teams can develop talent internally to maintain or improve their level. Up until now, a lot of the deficiencies in talent development was overcome by just buying foreign players. That's no longer possible.

La Liga, Bundi and Ligue 1 survive mostly because they are the best at developing their own talent.

The one question to find out is whether the improved competitiveness of Serie A after Juve is due to the lowering of the level from the elite clubs or the actual improvement of the middle of the table clubs. Personally, i don't think anyone can deny that the elite clubs have lost a massive quantity of top players. Juve is doing great... but that's due to bargain foreign player buys with Vidal, Vucinic and now Pogba. Juve is built around its Italian stars.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's going to come down to whether Italian teams can develop talent internally to maintain or improve their level. Up until now, a lot of the deficiencies in talent development was overcome by just buying foreign players. That's no longer possible.

I think the youth academies are doing fine. The trouble is the fossil Italian coaches who don't trust young players.Criscito, Bochetti, Santon should be playing in Italy not overseas. Cigarini's and Aquilani's growth has been stunted by shuttling back and forth. We particularly do badly at nurturing flair players - the young players who are allowed to grow in Serie A are mostly hard-working, like Marchisio, Borini and so on. Inter has been working a lot on the youth system and they have already started reaping some rewards with Balotelli, Bonucci, Santon and Destro all coming through the Inter youth, sure Mario would have made it elsewhere too but still they were there to take him. They have a few other interesting youngsters, such as Samuele Longo and Francesco Bardi coming through. They also won the nextgen series, which is the youth equivalent for the champions league. And In Italy it has always been the smaller clubs like the Parmas, Atlantas and the Udineses which produce their talents, but all the bigger clubs have started going on the right path.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 am

:coffee: Roma is a lot better than last year and hopefully they continue improving , the same thing can be said about fiorentina . Young players are rising and the league is a lot more comparative , so the answer is no
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next