eelir
The Franchise
Donuts
free_cat
The Sanchez
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

La Liga Round 18: FC Barcelona vs Espanyol - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Round 18: FC Barcelona vs Espanyol

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 pm

I actually think he showed improvement.
However, Alves did have a good cross at Seville and his first season with us. Why should he lose it? perhaps he doesn't train it? Watch Alba losing his cross then... Very Happy

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

La Liga Round 18: FC Barcelona vs Espanyol - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Round 18: FC Barcelona vs Espanyol

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 pm

True point there Dani. Never had good crosses...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Radio said Busquets recovered 21 balls today out of Barcelona's 80.

On top of his great performance with the ball.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm

free_cat wrote:I actually think he showed improvement.
However, Alves did have a good cross at Seville and his first season with us. Why should he lose it? perhaps he doesn't train it? Watch Alba losing his cross then... Very Happy

Dont you think it has something to do with his targets? First season with us there was bigger targets to hit with deep ones.

Alba's good crosses are those when he gets very deep to the byline and he cuts it back/across the box.

Dani Alves doesnt get that deep, he doesnt overlap like Alba. He comes inside more and gives 1-2's.

Honestly, I dont think good or bad crosses make or bad what Alves does in a game. He contributions go far beyond that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Minus his back header which was also partly Puyol's fault, Busquets had a tremendous game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 am

Btw, espanyol played terrible and with no passion. Very different from the espanyol that plays with their eyes injected with blood. Goes on to show they are a club that only lives to screw us: when they need the points because they are in a bad situation, they put no will; when they don't been the but can screw our league hopes, they play like there's no tomorrow.

Espanyol castilla, the joke of Catalonia.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 am

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:I actually think he showed improvement.

Dont you think it has something to do with his targets? First season with us there was bigger targets to hit with deep ones.

Alba's good crosses are those when he gets very deep to the byline and he cuts it back/across the box.

Dani Alves doesnt get that deep, he doesnt overlap like Alba. He comes inside more and gives 1-2's.

Honestly, I dont think good or bad crosses make or bad what Alves does in a game. He contributions go far beyond that.

Sure targets have something to do. Didn't think about that. However his crosses go soooo off target now that it's obvious he is a worse crosser than then.

If he can't cross, he should limit the amount of crosses he makes and only cross when it's clear.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:26 am

I'll re-watch the match again but I remember Alves messing everything up, far off shots horrible passes and his defence was solid yeah but everything else seemed very off.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 am

I thought Alves was fine.

I'd like to see Busquets try the occasional through ball, anyway. Most of the time just pass it to Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and all, but occasionally if the opportunity presents itself, I'd like to see Busquets making that pass. He did very well with the first and he tried it one more time this game- and that wasn't a bad pass either, wasn't completed though. I remember that through ball to Zlatan against Atletico Madrid, and one for Messi against (I want to say it was) Mallorca. He's certainly got it in him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:34 am

Alexis is scared in front of goal. Loses the ball in a shooting opportunity too easily...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 am

I actually think Alves should never cross.

There is difference between pass from wide and cross to me.

Cross to me is where there is traffic and you need to pick someone in a crowd out. He should rarely ever do them, if he never did them I wouldnt have a problem.

But year in and year out he gets high assist numbers, many of them from there being an obvious target to pick out. Then I am happy with his ball into the box.

Agree about Busquets trying the final ball when the chance is there. Wrongly, people think he can only pass 10m at a time, I know he had more than that in him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 am

Busquets, explained that he felt the match needed him to try some long passes / through balls because espanyol was playing very defensive but played with a relatively high line.

Great tactical mind.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 am

Agreed. Alves should stop trying crosses.
It just pisses me off because for someone with his overall quality you expect something far better in the crossing department.
Other than that he had a cool game.

Oh, and I’m starting to love the Iniesta-Alba partnership
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:37 am

Alves on his good day has nice crosses. However on a bad day, he is worst than anyone in our team.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am

Thing is alves can have a great day without attempting any crosses.
He just has to re-evaluate his game in that aspect
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by V Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Nearly flawless game from our team, a relaxed 7-0 victory. Poker for pedro and villa on the scoresheet again. Good times.
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Just for the record, Alves was quite a crosser back in Sevilla. Gradually he's lost it however. He did a fine cross for Messi against Valladolid however, and he should have made it 92.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Again, I think its at least partly due to the targets.

I dont think its accident he appears a better crosser aiming for Kanoute, Fabiano, Henry and Etoo than aiming for Iniesta, Messi or an incoming midfielder.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Seems free has made Alves bashing fashionable.
NVM the fact that he had a very good game with excellent passing,link up play and defending.
NVM the fact that the reason he was off form earlier in the season was because he was getting injured constantly and thus unable to find any rhythm.
NVM the fact that he has been very good the past 4-5 games.
NVM the fact that he has been the undisputed best fullback on the planet for the past 7-8 years.
NVM the fact he has been our third best player under the Guardiola era.
NVM the fact that he has always given 200% for us when there are certain other players in the team who have been coasting for going on 2 years.
One would think all that would give him a bit of leeway but no lets bash Alves.Who knows,maybe I will join in on the fun too.
And there is nothing wrong with his crossing.His crossing was brilliant last season.This season he has been unable to find any rhythm hence the inconsistency.But sure lets call into question everything he does.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 pm

On the match,the one interesting tactical point I noted was the interchange between Cesc and Iniesta.
Iniesta played on the left but a lot of the time he came into CM and Cesc went out wide to occupy the space on the left Iniesta vacated.And at times Cesc stayed left for a while.
Reminded me of when we played Iniesta on the left and Keita in midfield.
Iniesta would come central and Keita would go out wide left as a pseudo forward.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Agree, I noted that too. I think its an ideal situation because Iniesta is hogged tied down to the flank and Cesc is to me more forward than midfielder so both can at different times do what they prefer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Well technically dani,the ideal situation would be to play Villa on the left but you already know that.
As good as Iniesta has been recently on the left,much prefer Villa there.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum