PSG vs Ajaccio

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PSG vs Ajaccio - Page 2 Empty Re: PSG vs Ajaccio

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Predictable sub from Carlo.Pastore is OFF and Chantome is ON.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 pm

The sub makes sense given Pastore is hardly influencing the game. Him off will allow Ibra more freedom to roam while Chantome's work ethic will be needed to help Matudi. Although I would have brought in Verrati.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 pm

TS injured.Valencia game is in one month
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Thiago Silva injured.Its getting worse for PSG.Must have pulled his hamstring i think.

EDIT:Sakho is ON for him as expected.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 pm

NOT GOOD. Silva down with a very dreaded and knowing look of pain which I remember all to clearly since his Milan days. Looks all but out as if PSG's evening couldn't get worse.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

What a left footed cross from Lucas from the cut in onto Matudi head who blasts it towards the net, shortly to be wonderfully saved Ochoa. What a save.

Paris playing perfectly with the compact and pressing midfield.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:23 pm

PSG come closer to scoring with Ibra's header which was superbly saved from Ochoa.(Rebs will be proud)

And Matudi should've done better on the rebound.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Lucas is really really impressing me. Reminds me of how SES turns on the afterburners when the odds are against them and works his ass off. Fans already chanting his name.

Paris dominating as if they haven't even lost a man. Although that element of control is forgone.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Ibra is being downright poor today.odd day
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Ibrahimovic with another glorious chance..Ochoa once again did well on that occasion.

Really been a poor game by his standards and i agree about Lucas.I'm very impressed by his work ethic and he's sure had his moments today.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm

FFS FINISH THESE CHANCES
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:33 pm

PSG have never been this closer to score today.Sakho skying another great opportunity.PSG sure dont want to land in a situation where they'd be ruing all those missed chances.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Ibra obviously has gone a little to heavy on the Christmas Chardonnay. All 3 of us know what a lazy fool he is post holidays Laughing

As for these missed chances, I predict a 0-0 with the way its going. Matches like these usually end up this way. Poor Ajaccio.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Lucas coming off for Gameiro as its surprising Menez isn't coming on.

Deserves that standing ovation as he worked even harder than the tireless Matudi. For his début an excellent start as it had to be marred by Motta's stupidity.

Wonderful game.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Lucas is OFF.Very promising debut from him i must say.Worked his ass off which is why you could see him struggling with cramps and such.There was a lot of positive vibe from his display today thats for sure.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Agreed Surag.

Something is wrong with Ibra. Doesn't look his driven and confident self and just isn't following through with his ideas. Passing and creating well but much too passive for his usual self along with being off target.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Complete tactical fail by Carlo. For one, Ajaccio was playing a 532 with 3 CBs... you have to maintain width with that. He should have subbed Menez in for either Lucas or Lavezzi at halftime or at the 60 min mark.

Then, you're playing with 10 men. You need to bring in fresh troops at some point. He only brought Chantome in at half. Gameiro only got in because Lucas got cramps at the 80th minute.

And then the Chantome decision... we lacked playmaking in the middle with both Motta and Pastore out. You CANNOT bring in Chantome. Verrati was the obvious choice.

As far as players... Ibra sucked. First time this year; but he was awful. Pastore sucked too; but i'm used to that. Maxwell was his usual meh self.

Lucas was fine in his firs start and Lavezzi was ok too. Matuidi put in his typical game. Defense was great.

Silva being injured is going to be a problem. That looks like 4-week one to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 pm

0-0 Fulltime.

Quite obvious Motta's red card added an element of panic and all too much urgency in PSG's squad. Thats' the problem with a new squad as its difficult to instil a calm demeanour when under pressure and to trust your team mates.

Doesn't excuse Paris for all those missed chances as it just didn't work out for them.
Ibra as predicted was off colour as thats also the risk when building a side around Ibra as if he has one of his rare off games then the team suffer in the process. Mentally he just wasn't quite right. On another night he would have smashed his chances in. Others must take fault as well as like Pastore for his 1st half crapfest and of course Motta.

Best players were Lucas, Motta (in the first half), Matudi and Jallet who bombed down the flank very well.

Hard to blame Carlo when he was let down by having his main midfield component sent off and right so. His tactics to play the 4-3-2 in the 2nd half was spot on as many chances were created along with the defence being excellent.

Carlo's mistakes were not addressing the lack of width needed to stretch Ajaccio along with playing Chantome when they clearly need Verrati to spread play and add an x-factor. Ajaccio deserve credit along with the excellent Ochoa so I wouldn't put to much blame on the manager.

Just all round bad luck with a splash of bad refereeing as well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:03 pm

So another 0-0 draw it is then for PSG.Another game of missed chances for them.I tend to think this is the same strategy adopted by most mid-table teams in Ligue 1 ,but for all of PSG's attacking prowess i think you expect them break such teams in the league.Today though it was a matter of poor finishing from the team.

Also this is why for me Matuidi will always remain an average B2B midfielder.He would get the work done defensively for sure but is extremely average going forward.His headless chicken runs and poor finishing is what seperates him from becoming a top quality b2b CM.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Looks like we saw the same game Arqi Sad

I really dislike Pastore... he's freakin terrible. Waste of space. The sooner he's gone, the better.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Can't agree Surag as that's harsh on Matudi. His work is in the end to anchor the midfield and play a defensive midfield role. Motta literally abandoning him caused a serious burden on him to leave his position and go B2B out of desperation and his recent goal scoring form. Guys like Pastore, Maxwell and to an extent Chantome should be blamed for not adding the element of the difference PSG needed.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Surag wrote:So another 0-0 draw it is then for PSG.Another game of missed chances for them.I tend to think this is the same strategy adopted by most mid-table teams in Ligue 1 ,but for all of PSG's attacking prowess i think you expect them break such teams in the league.Today though it was a matter of poor finishing from the team.

Also this is why for me Matuidi will always remain an average B2B midfielder.He would get the work done defensively for sure but is extremely average going forward.His headless chicken runs and poor finishing is what seperates him from becoming a top quality b2b CM.

Carlo has made him into a B2B this year for the first time in his career tbh. He was a pure DM all his life before that.

The great thing about Matuidi is that he will recover an enormous amount of balls for you and will never get tired. It's not a coincidence that nobody attacks Maxwell's side anymore. Maxwell is a shat defender; but Matuidi is full time cover for him and teams just stay away from him on the attack.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Interesting thing is that toulouse v. st etienne was a much better game lol. There a fullback on toulouse named Aurier that is a future star imo. He can play RB, LB and CB. He currently plays RB and is beasting both on attack and defense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Yeah i was being a bit harsh on him.But he had atleast 2 to 3 good chances to score though.Fair enough either ways.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:Looks like we saw the same game Arqi Sad

I really dislike Pastore... he's freakin terrible. Waste of space. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Its really disappointing man.

You know I'm one to support a player when he is down and especially when he puts in his all. Pastore, not only is wasting Ibra's space (something Carlo needs to address) with his languid positioning, complacent play and useless hollywood balls, but he is putting 50% less of the effort that he really should. It pissed me off to no end.

Lucas on the other hand was a little naive on the ball and wasteful yet had twice as much influence, and WORKED.HIS.ASS.OFF. Rightfully got a standing ovation after running his cramps to the ground.

I've said for a long time that Pastore should NOT be playing off Ibra as Ibra's #10 role doesn't require that putain merde playing off of him but a quick and technical forward similar to how Pato and Robinho played off of him for Milan. It'll be beneficial for both parties as positionally Pastore and Ibra are a clusterf**k when together since Pastore is taking the zones where Ibra thrives most.

As I predicted Lucas was given freedom to drift in centre as him playing on the wing would be a waste. Next game should be Lavezzi and Menez on the flanks with Lucas playing off Ibra. Enough of Pastore. Ship him back to Llama land.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Pastore only does tricks! He can play normal... i've seen it. But he's too lazy to work his way into good positions and is forced to do these crazy flicks because he isn't moving well.

Tired of that douche. He's a whiner too.

I loved Lucas. Kid is all heart. One thing he needs to be careful with is those dribbles where he plants his foot at the last second. That plant foot will get crunched sooner or later and that could be a very serious injury. He needs to dribble and avoid planting like that too often.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next