Mamad
guest7
billy_gr
OLpower
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Benzema leave Madrid?

Benzema should leave Madrid - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Benzema should leave Madrid - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 18 ]
Benzema should leave Madrid - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Benzema should leave Madrid - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

Benzema should leave Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema should leave Madrid

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Benzema at Lyon wasn't better. His fitness, strength and passing/vision are all much better now. He also plays a lot better defense now. He's not as fast... but that has mostly to do with back problems he suffered his first year at Madrid when putting on bulk. He's fast enough though and has incredible technique.

I don't think he need to leave Madrid because i think both Mou and CR7 are gone this summer. What he does need and deserves is to play every game. There's no doubt there.

If Mou stays, i guarantee you he will be gone this summer. Only reason he's being the perfect citizen is that he know Mou is on his way out. Otherwise, things would not be this quiet with him.

I also feel he either need to play in a 442 or as a left striker in a 4231 or 433. He's not the lone striker type.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Benzema at Lyon was better than he is now lol
So was Giroud.
And Gervinho.
And Chamakh.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 pm

I think he should stay, but if Madrid buy Falcao or other superstar forward then he might need to move.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:03 pm

danyjr wrote:
So was Giroud.
And Gervinho.
And Chamakh.

Benzema scored 19 goals in the CL with us (29 now in total). Compare that to the pathetic 7 goals Higuain scored in 6.5 years at Real.

Also, Hazard is owning in Premier League. Gervinho and Chamakh are big flop tough. Surprising for Gervinho.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

danyjr wrote:
So was Giroud.
And Gervinho.
And Chamakh.

Giroud is good for us, Chamakh was good for us till RVP (a superior player ) benched him.

Gervais though :facepalm:

but how is that relevant ? When i say Benzema was better at Lyon i am talking about his general play. Now how he performed against teams
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

"Hazard owning in Premier league"

Laughing read that again
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Crazy logic, Benzema would be better if Ronaldo and Mourinho leave Real Madrid!!

Benzema has grown as a player at Real Madrid, you can't stay at a club like Lyon forever, eventually a bigger club would come calling. It took him some time to settle but he's finally settled. Last season was arguably his best season as a player, it was a shame he had a bad Euros but he managed to be among the best 23 players in the world according to FIFABallon D'Or.

On the issue of Ronaldo, Ronaldo is a leader on the pitch the team wasn't built around him by accident, for over 7 years now every team he's played in has been centred around him, managers including Ferguson, Mourinho and Pellegrini did just that. His hunger is never diminishing and consistency is out of this world.

Benzema is the exact opposite of Ronaldo he shies away from responsibility and prefers a laid back role, something he does perfectly at Real, in the national setup they've tried to build a team around him but that is ultimately bound to fail, he lacks the leadership and the consistency to have a team successfully built around him.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Benzema was our main player the last time we won the league. The team was playing for him and it was a success. He was the lethal weapon we counted on and he had no problem with it.

Benzema is the kind of guy that needs to be pushed, but ultimately, not being always a starter will limit his developement. His last season at Madrid was great, as good as his best season with us (the one we won the title).

He could have been even better this year, but Real being Real, he is benched, relegated to a secondary goal and can't capitalize on his success.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 pm

I hope the best for him. Whether it be for him to leave or stay. A player like him who will make the right decision with the ball at his feet every single time and has the talent to back it up deserves an opportunity to at least be integrated into a team that will reciprocate his selfless and artistic approach to the game.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:42 pm

I would welcome him at Juve. Great player. Highly doubt he leaves Madrid for at least a few more years though.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:46 pm

His struggled during his first years but anyone who saw him at Lyon new he has talent to succeed .

I wanted him to leave when he was struggling for the reasons cited in the comments behind.

Where would he go if he leaves ? in england only Arsenal need a guy like that but it would be a stepback for him.

Serie A ? risky move evn i'd love to see him at milan

Bottom line , he won't leave before 1-2 years at least
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:48 pm

OLpower wrote:Benzema was our main player the last time we won the league. The team was playing for him and it was a success. He was the lethal weapon we counted on and he had no problem with it.

Benzema is the kind of guy that needs to be pushed, but ultimately, not being always a starter will limit his developement. His last season at Madrid was great, as good as his best season with us (the one we won the title).

He could have been even better this year, but Real being Real, he is benched, relegated to a secondary goal and can't capitalize on his success.

He's favoured ahead of Higuain, Mourinho was resting him for a more important cup game against Valencia on Tuesday. I didn't watch much of him at Lyon but I've seen a lot of him at Real Madrid and France, he's a terrific player but very inconsistent as well. I stand to be corrected but he's played more minutes than Higuain in every season Mourinho has been in charge.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm

buddytaller wrote:
OLpower wrote:Benzema was our main player the last time we won the league. The team was playing for him and it was a success. He was the lethal weapon we counted on and he had no problem with it.

He's favoured ahead of Higuain, Mourinho was resting him for a more important cup game against Valencia on Tuesday. I didn't watch much of him at Lyon but I've seen a lot of him at Real Madrid and France, he's a terrific player but very inconsistent as well. I stand to be corrected but he's played more minutes than Higuain in every season Mourinho has been in charge.

Except last year, I don't think Benzema has played more than Higuain when both were fit.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Benzema and Higuain aren't really rotating. I think Benzema's still the primary striker.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:08 pm

OLPower is absolutely correct though... Benz needs to become a feature. Not THE feature but A feature. At Madrid right now, there's only one feature and that's CR7. If Benzema was a feature, he wouldn't score 50 goals... because that's not what he's about. He's about managing flow, making the right pass and making the team play the best it possibly can. If you listen to his interviews in France, they ask him about his lower goals this year. His response: "making an assist is the same as scoring a goal for me. As long as the team wins and we play well, i'm happy." He's said this about 10 times.

If you watch him closely in games, he's often ignored in very good position because we try and force the ball to CR7. It's a shame because if we make the correct play and give him the ball... he will then make the pass to CR7 if CR7 is open. He's unselfish to a fault.

He leads Madrid in assists this year with 12 and has managed 10 goals despite being secondary.

BUt i'll say it again... he's not a lone striker type. Blanc made the mistake of playing him as the only player capable to score with a meh creative midfield. Deschamps actually wants him to play with Giroud. In a perfect France NT world, you play a 442 with Giroud and Benz in front + Ribery and Valbuena or Menez on the other wing.

I love this player to death as you all know. As a OM fan, i get a lot of stick for this. But i just love players who play the beautiful game... can't help it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Why can't Benzema play as a lone striker? I think he's a complete striker.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:24 pm

He isn't a classic number 9. He is inconsistent with his finishing and not good in air.

He is more modern than a classic 9, less lethal, less of a poacher than say Falcao or Higuaín but a better link up player built for more a patient approach than Real Madrid's quick tempo football.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:25 pm

He can if he has an extremely good am that can slip him the ball. But he's not a target man... you can't have wingers crossing balls to him or have midfielders hoofing the ball forward. You need to tiki taka it to him if you want to play him as a lone striker.

And his most unique attribute as a CF is his passing ability, vision and decision making. That gets lost if he a lone striker.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 pm

danyjr wrote:He isn't a classic number 9. He is inconsistent with his finishing and not good in air.

He is more modern than a classic 9, less lethal, less of a poacher than say Falcao or Higuaín but a better link up player built for more a patient approach than Real Madrid's quick tempo football.

Although i agree with most of what you say, the efficiency part is a myth. The last 2 years he was in the top 5 in Europe in efficiency at 24% and 23% respectively. He's extremely efficient. What is strange is that he's great at finishing the tough ones. You see him missing the easier ones at times. But overall, he's actually been more efficient than even RVP the last 2 years (not this one)... the other thing is that he takes far fewer shots than a lot of the top CFs due to Ronaldo. So if he misses one in a game, he usually doesn't get the chance to redeem himself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Benzema could work well in a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-3-3. The 4-3-3 would have 2 inside forwards, so he'd feed them and he wouldn't have to worry about not scoring. He can also link up with the midfielders etc. The attack would pretty much be built around him.

4-2-2-2 means he has someone alongside him. Like vs Celta he had Ronaldo. Ronaldo would make runs etc while Benzema roams around.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 am

Se7en wrote:in other news

varane-albiol partnership is so much better than ramos-pepe Laughing :facepalm:

Albiol was getting roasted by Ossasuna's crap forwards, don't let the final score fool you.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 am

For someone who has never been an threat infront of a goal it sure is asking alot for him to start. If anything he should leave because his not needed in RM. What has he exactly done to achieve his starting place in XI, his potential nor reputation will not help his case either.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Why can't Benzema play as a lone striker? I think he's a complete striker.

You also think Modric is a complete midfielder...
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:36 am

sportsczy wrote:Benzema at Lyon wasn't better. His fitness, strength and passing/vision are all much better now. He also plays a lot better defense now. He's not as fast... but that has mostly to do with back problems he suffered his first year at Madrid when putting on bulk. He's fast enough though and has incredible technique.

I don't think he need to leave Madrid because i think both Mou and CR7 are gone this summer. What he does need and deserves is to play every game. There's no doubt there.

If Mou stays, i guarantee you he will be gone this summer. Only reason he's being the perfect citizen is that he know Mou is on his way out. Otherwise, things would not be this quiet with him.

I also feel he either need to play in a 442 or as a left striker in a 4231 or 433. He's not the lone striker type.
Agree with sports. Of course Benz was good before Madrid, but he was a raw talent at Lyon, he's a much more polished player now. Just lacks consistent game time.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Benzema and Higuain aren't really rotating. I think Benzema's still the primary striker.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 am

The xcx wrote:For someone who has never been an threat infront of a goal it sure is asking alot for him to start. If anything he should leave because his not needed in RM. What has he exactly done to achieve his starting place in XI, his potential nor reputation will not help his case either.

Benzema has scored 32 goals last season for Madrid (mor than Higuain in any of his season). But you are right, Benzema should leave.

Madrid public is a tearful girl that can not appreciate what he has.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next