Vyey
jibers
archwooohh
52 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Jonny Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonny Evans

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Fair enough if hes improved, everytime i seen Utd he looked very meh and the fact United fans hardly speak warmly about him is'nt exactly a good sign.

If it is indeed the case that he's been holding the defence together than i take back what i said but i will have to see it for myself to be convinced.

BTW United's midfield as long as Scholes and Carrick are playing is fantastic and De Gea has been simply outstanding since Christmas.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Unfortunately unless Evans puts in some Ballon D'or worthy performances the 'crap defender' tag will stick for a very long time.

That being said he has been pretty solid recently and has potentially a good future if he remains consistent.

How long does he have left on his contract anyway (before extension)? I think the deal was a bit too soon.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Haters hating on players based on reputation :lol!:, you'll still get people saying Luiz can't defend even though last 4 he's scrapped by creative freedom shizzle AVB gave him.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Evans has been ridiculous this year, best defender in the EPL this year IMO..he's not bullied off the ball anymore and he's so composed, glad he's over his bad spell

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 pm

I love it when Cybs goes into his Jasper Carrott stand-up routine
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:05 am

Jonny Evans..the best defender in the EPL this year.. Wow, really? Now i've heard it all.

Well, to Cyber I guess the only EPL team that exists is United, so that makes sense.

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:27 am

Its hardly a ludicrous claim

Personally I don't think he's been the best, but he's been the biggest mainstay of United's back line and United have one of the best defensive records in the league so its not difficult to make an argument for it...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 am

Smalling is fantastic.

Not to say what youre saying is wrong but.....Smalling if he'd actually cemented a regular position and not been plugged in all over the place would be getting alot more love than he is now .

De Gea is also great and gets an unbelievable amount of shit from the English media for no reason.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:59 am

Don't misunderstand me...I think Smalling is a great player - I just can't get over the fact that a LOT of people on this forum seem completely unaware of how stupid they look when they claim that basically every player on a team is shit even though that team is atop the league...

Smalling is the only player I never hear being called shit, so I took that to the extreme to make a point and concluded that if all Manchester Uniteds defenders and their keeper are shit, then Smalling must be the only reason they have the 3rd best defensive record in the EPL and one of the best defenses out there...Wasn't trying to speak badly of Smalling at all

No offense to the Arsenal fans on here but come on....Bash-bash-bash on United, Im sure all of you would "LOL" or make jokes if I said Evans >> Arsenal CBs....everyone would go on about how I know nothing about football etc

I would just like to know: If Evans is shit, Jones is a joke, and Rio/Evra are both past it, De Gea a flop, how does United have the 3rd best defensive record in the league? Why has Arsenal let up 12 more goals than United if their CBs and keeper are all superior to Uniteds? Can't really use "midfield protection" as an argument since the same people think Uniteds midfield is shit too Rolling Eyes

Is it magic? Smoke and mirrors? Witchcraft? Wizardry? Is it Obama's fault?

***Again, the point of this post is not to claim Evans > anyone...but based on facts and statistics it is nothing but petty bitterness to claim that Evans is "shit" or "dire"
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:04 am

Arsenal had a negative goal record several games in due to shit transfer activity, injuries, and the big ass beatings we received. Arsenal's defense hasn't been all that bad this year, apart from lack of fullbacks for like half the season.

So the stats are a little distorted there. With Vidic fit no one would give a shit about Evans.

Koscielny >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evans by so much.

I still don't understand how United do so well in the league, yet were humilated in Europe. But yeah, they have a good defense anyone can admit that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:15 am

Yep. United defend well as a unit and are well organized, but it's not hard to see that individually, Evans is inferior to both Vermaelen and Koscielny..and i'm just talking about our 2 CBs, and not the rest of the top EPL ones.

Koscielny played an amazing game and handled Messi very well at the Emirates.

If Evans were up against Messi that year, his asshole would still be sore.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:52 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:Yep. United defend well as a unit and are well organized, but it's not hard to see that individually, Evans is inferior to both Vermaelen and Koscielny..and i'm just talking about our 2 CBs, and not the rest of the top EPL ones.

Koscielny played an amazing game and handled Messi very well at the Emirates.

If Evans were up against Messi that year, his asshole would still be sore.

Defend well as a unit? But as I said most of you think their unit is shit!

Is their some sort of synergistic effect going on here? The whole shit is greater than the sum of all the shits?

Give me a break...You're talking about how Evans would hypothetically suck in a hypothetical game ffs Rolling Eyes :facepalm:

I assume Koscielny was blameless in the 2-8, 3-4, and 0-4 right? Rolling Eyes :facepalm:

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:58 am

Why does bhends love Evans so much hmm
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:04 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Why does bhends love Evans so much hmm

This barely has anything to do with Evans at this point

Its just maddening how people are so blinded by petty jealousy and bias that they are quite clearly utterly incapable of seeing through it at times :facepalm:

You look like a total moron when you claim every player on a team is shit when that team is on top of the league and yours is far behind. end of.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Defend well as a unit? But as I said most of you think their unit is shit!

Is their some sort of synergistic effect going on here? The whole shit is greater than the sum of all the shits?

Give me a break...You're talking about how Evans would hypothetically suck in a hypothetical game ffs Rolling Eyes :facepalm:

I assume Koscielny was blameless in the 2-8, 3-4, and 0-4 right? Rolling Eyes :facepalm:

Rolling Eyes :facepalm: Yes, Kos was BLAMELESS in the 0-4, because he was kicking ass and it was still 0-0 about 25 minutes in when he got injured and had to go off, and that's when the game went to shit, when we lost our most in-form CB. I guess it's his fault that he got injured, right? Don't forget that in the 2nd leg, he completely nullified Robinho by himself.

As for the 8-2, the whole team was in disarray and we were plagued by injuries at the time. United were also in red hot form then. I think we all expected a whooping. We were a mess. Did you see our D? Djorou, Traore, Jenkinson.. Koscielny was our only starter playing in defense. What the hell do you expect him to do? Score 2 hat-tricks to salvage the game? lol, those were disastrous times. 0 chemistry.

And yes I used a hypothetical game. I would love to see Evans handle Messi the way Kos did. If Evans can do half as well vs Messi, i'll be impressed.

Please find a post by me where I said United's "unit" was shit. Evans WAS shit, even United fans will tell you that, but he's improved. Vidic is a beast, Ferdinand has lost pace but he's still a good defender, Evra has been shit lately, Rafael is good and is developing still. I stand by my claim that it's ridiculous to say Evans has been the best defender in the EPL this year, though. Koscielny shits all over him, anyone with eyes can see it.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Its just maddening how people are so blinded by petty jealousy and bias that they are quite clearly utterly incapable of seeing through it at times :facepalm:

You look like a total moron when you claim every player on a team is shit when that team is on top of the league and yours is far behind. end of.

Yeah, we're all just jealous of United and blind. Evans is the real heir to Maldini.

Laughing Laughing :facepalm:
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Yeah, we're all just jealous of United and blind. Evans is the real heir to Maldini.

Laughing Laughing :facepalm:

Clutching. Straws. Rolling Eyes
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 am

Evans certainly hasn't been anything special this season.........I think most would readily give Jones ,Smalling, De Gea,Ferdinand and Rafael before they be subjected to the ridiculous claim that Evans has been one of the best CBS in the Pl this season.

I mean.....If there's a United player who you can bring this argument strong with.....all those guya would provide more cred than Evans lol.

Everyone except Lex that is :vagi:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:24 am

LOL at Arsenal fans here. Unitd have a crap defence, crap mf and welbeck and chica are average, yet we are 12 points ahead of a team we smashed 8-2. Cleverley dominatede you MF and as bhends rightly pointed out we have the 3rd best defensive record in the league and are wait for it.... top of the league and will probably win it. lol....your talking about Koshs one good gamer, where was he when Barcelona tore Arsenal a new arsehole in the camp Nou?

LOL, Evans has been our best CB since the City game, anyone that watches United would know that. LOl at bringing up rafael, he has been average, Evara has been shite since 2008 and Rio drops back so deep that teams break the offside trap so easily bagainst us. but I suppose if someone has a repuattaion of being shite then they really can never change, like David Luiz, he must have been shite against Napoli due to his reputation....

Again sums up how many of you watch United, Evans has been hands down our best CB this season. So is that we have a shite defence, a shite MF a combination of both and combined to give us top of the table? ROFL...get a clue... UNited going for #20. Stay mad haters...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 am

Why does he get so much hate lol? He looks pretty good to me..

Evans > Albiol

Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:52 am

Deserves it, he has been excellent this season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:20 pm

he has been pretty good this season
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:02 pm

I have no idea how he has been performing but with United top of the table with the third best defensive record in the league with Vidic out, he must have stepped up his game, seems like he deserves it

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Albiceleste wrote:I have no idea how he has been performing but with United top of the table with the third best defensive record in the league with Vidic out, he must have stepped up his game, seems like he deserves it

Pretty much how I feel as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Jonny Evans - Page 3 Cbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Not sure where that graphs from but both Evans and Kompany definitely have red cards this season...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next