What happened to the German "never say die" attitude?

5 posters

Go down

What happened to the German "never say die" attitude? Empty What happened to the German "never say die" attitude?

Post by Gil Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:18 pm

There was one of the biggest choke jobs in football history last year by Bayern.

And the National team didn't fare much better either after getting throughougly outplayed by an Italian team that suffered the largest Euro Final defeat in decades.

Is the ruthless, efficient German generation gone for good?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

What happened to the German "never say die" attitude? Empty Re: What happened to the German "never say die" attitude?

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:24 pm

there has been a huge change in playing style since WC 06' idk if that fits in with a never say die attitude but it certainly paints a bigger picture

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

What happened to the German "never say die" attitude? Empty Re: What happened to the German "never say die" attitude?

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Meh, I think it was like 90% Löws tactics, past German teams have lost finals, and semi-finals as well. Though admittedly, Germany used to be better at defending leads, and turning a match around.

Now they kind of get f*cked once the dominance is broken.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by nandrolona Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Jogi Loew decided to start Podolski, and Kroos as right winger in the front three, and Gomez as striker, completely destroying Germany's playing style. What do you expect? Plus, Bastian was running around like a cripple never getting back into form after all his injuries. Should've actually just dropped him and played Kroos in his position for the tournament.

I'm still pissed about the stupid damn set up for the game. I knew when I saw it that Germany was going to lose.

nandrolona
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 am

Bastien Swinstiger is the worst,he is mean to be the leader of Bayern and Geramny but he is a mental weakling really.

Remember in the CL Final when Robben was taking the penalty,were was Swine? He was at the other end of the pitch with Neaur looking the other way because he couldn't bear to watch(Bless him) instead of standing at the edge of the box running in in case there was a rebound.If he thought Robben was going to miss as caption he should have took the ball of him and took it himself.

That says it all for me.Good player,looks like your stereotypical German but doesn't act like one.

The only German players who start for Germany who have that classic German winning mentality and supreme confidence are Neaur and Muller.They need more of these guys and less Lahms and Swinestigers.If Muller took a penalty I would have fancied him to bury it.Bayern should have got rid of Tymoshak or what ever he's called after he bottled it and didn't take a penalty despite him been one of the best penaltys takers(He was 1st choice pen taker at previous clubs) in the squad with a lot of experience.Muller was pleading with him to take it but he refused and Olic took one instead.Even Neuar took one and he's a GK ffs.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum