McAgger
Valkyrja
Layquelme
LeBéninois
DeviAngel
86 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba !!  - Page 10 Empty Re: Paul Pogba !!

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:22 am

Curtinho wrote:Based only on CL viewings I would take Verratti over him right now.

They are different players, problem with Pogba is people see a big, tall and physically imposing player and think Vieira Laughing

When in reality Pogba's at his best in and around the box, where as he isn't that great in the build up like people would expect like Yaya Toure is for example.

He's going to have to deal with that though, there's a certain ( wrong) expectation of Pogba is and isn't and if he doesn't do it then people will criticize him for it despite the fact he isn't that player to begin with.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:28 am

Well, I know they are different players. He just said 22 year old players at his level/experience. Verratti is one (Ricardo Rodriguez, too, but that's a stretch to compare).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:39 am

Curtinho wrote:Well, I know they are different players. He just said 22 year old players at his level/experience. Verratti is one (Ricardo Rodriguez, too, but that's a stretch to compare).

Well Veratti aside there are not may of them, you got my point .

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Curtinho wrote:Based only on CL viewings I would take Verratti over him right now.

They are different players, problem with Pogba is people see a big, tall and physically imposing player and think Vieira Laughing

When in reality Pogba's at his best in and around the box, where as he isn't that great in the build up like people would expect like Yaya Toure is for example.

He's going to have to deal with that though, there's a certain ( wrong) expectation of Pogba is and isn't and if he doesn't do it then people will criticize him for it despite the fact he isn't that player to begin with.

Exactly, that's why Barca didn't wait for him at the end of the day. It's also the reason i think he'll suit Real madrid more for instance but they are already loaded with James , Isco etc..
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:43 am

How does he suit us more when he is basically a fake AM, and we already have Isco, James, Bale etc... in the club?

We need real midfielder, not pretend one,
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:48 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:How does he suit us more when he is basically a fake AM, and we already have Isco, James, Bale etc... in the club?

I meant that he'll suit Real more than Barca because you guys have a more direct style. you guys played with Modric-Kroos in midfield so Modric/Kroos-Pogba could work. There was no real place for him in Barcelona.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:50 am

LeBéninois wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:How does he suit us more when he is basically a fake AM, and we already have Isco, James, Bale etc... in the club?

I meant that he'll suit Real more than Barca because you guys have a more direct style. you guys played with Modric-Kroos in midfield so  Modric/Kroos-Pogba could work. There was no real place for him in Barcelona.

I don't think you can say Real have a more direct style after this season

Btw Verratti is a wet dream signing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:51 am

linetty wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:

I meant that he'll suit Real more than Barca because you guys have a more direct style. you guys played with Modric-Kroos in midfield so  Modric/Kroos-Pogba could work. There was no real place for him in Barcelona.

Veratti is a wet dream for everyone. Best investment PSG ever did.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:58 am

Sure, Pogba playing in a double pivot could work but is that the best use of his talent? and will that serve your team in games where you cant use transitions as much? doubt it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Seems weird to give him the #10 shirt considering he'll be sold next summer

Anyways, dunno if it means he'll start behind the strikers, but good for him. He was practically a left winger playing while playing LCM lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 pm

This seems a tad desperate from Juve, no?

Somehow I don't think this will be enough to keep him at Juve. Just my 2 cents.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:14 pm

According to Mauro he asked for it, desperation would imply they went to him with the idea of giving him the #10 hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:14 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Seems weird to give him the #10 shirt considering he'll be sold next summer

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:20 pm

I've seen Lass diara with n10 at Real Madrid ffs Laughing Laughing

Pogba wearing the n10 is not a problem. One of their best players and symbol of their rebirth. Whether he leaves or not next year he's worthy of the n10. whoselse would have take it anyways ?

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:According to Mauro he asked for it, desperation would imply they went to him with the idea of giving him the #10 hmm

"Paul Pogba asked for the number 10 in order to have greater responsibility, because wearing that shirt isn't easy."- Allegri

Yeah, I don't know how else to say it. There is noone at Juve, or any signing (even if it's Gotze, Draxler, or whoever) more worthy to wear it than him (Excluding Marchisio). Juve isn't desperate and never has been when it comes to stuff like this. When Del Piero left nobody wore the number 10 for a season. Tevez wore the number 10 with pride and I'm sure Pogba will too.

We respect the player's will and are professionals about it. Vidal, Tevez, and Pirlo wanted to leave for a variety of reasons and they did; it was never because we wanted to sell them or needed to. Same goes for Pogba, if he wants to leave he will, but so far he's said he wants to stay and is trying to take responsibility and become more important for the club.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Agree with that.

From a symbolic point of view you could say Chiellini as well, but no defender should wear the 10 obviously Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Would be kinda stupid to have him wear the #10 for just one season and then let him leave.

Very Galliani-esque move that would be.

I don't share the same optimism as others that he'll stay beyond 2016 but let's not think too far ahead I suppose.

Lets milk as much merchandising revenue as we can with this move for the moment.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Don't think he will be sold. Bartomeu already tried hard for him, appointed Marotta's best man Braida solely to get Pogba and nothing happened. No predeal, no nothing. Since the last meeting between Braida and Marotta, which was a complete failure, the Catalan papers have completely stopped talking about Pogba's existence. Barca's new sporting director today, when asked about it:

Robert (sports director): "Pogba? We can't sign all players. Of course he's an amazing player, but at this moment that's not an option."

Laughing

Right. Braida kept posing in photos with Marotta all these months because "Pogba is not an option at this moment". Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:50 pm

That's probably for the best hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Doesn't seem to be the type of guy that chases money otherwise he would've been at PSG already.

But yeah, he'll leave for one of the two Spanish giants eventually.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Pogba wants to go to Barca... he was directly talking to both Bartomeu and Laporta before the elections and both mentioned him as part of their campaign. I truly hope not. Seeing Paul at Barca would be a kick to the midsection for me. Rather he stay at Juve. But it's pretty clear that Madrid didn't pursue him hard enough and he's waiting on Barca's transfer ban to go away.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:47 pm

futbol wrote:Don't think he will be sold. Bartomeu already tried hard for him, appointed Marotta's best man Braida solely to get Pogba and nothing happened. No predeal, no nothing. Since the last meeting between Braida and Marotta, which was a complete failure, the Catalan papers have completely stopped talking about Pogba's existence. Barca's new sporting director today, when asked about it:

Robert (sports director): "Pogba? We can't sign all players. Of course he's an amazing player, but at this moment that's not an option."

Laughing

Right. Braida kept posing in photos with Marotta all these months because "Pogba is not an option at this moment". Laughing

Of course he'll be sold lol . Juventus will sell eventually even he wants to stay. they sold Zidane, Vidal, why not Pogba ? It's all about money.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:20 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
futbol wrote:Don't think he will be sold. Bartomeu already tried hard for him, appointed Marotta's best man Braida solely to get Pogba and nothing happened. No predeal, no nothing. Since the last meeting between Braida and Marotta, which was a complete failure, the Catalan papers have completely stopped talking about Pogba's existence. Barca's new sporting director today, when asked about it:

Laughing

Of course he'll be sold lol . Juventus will sell eventually even he wants to stay. they sold Zidane, Vidal, why not Pogba ? It's all about money.

Because the management was another one when we sold Zidane and Juventus works differently now?

And because we didn't sell Vidal for money, but because he asked to leave. If we actually wanted to sell Vidal and he didn't want to leave, we would've probably looked for a higher sum. But that's irrelevant, the truth is Vidal wanted a new change of airs and wanted to play for Bayern for a long time; that's why he was sold, not because we needed or wanted money.

Is not all about the money, it might have a huge influence on most players, but the generalization is faulty. There will be exceptions to the case and I think Pogba for once could be that exception. Again, he shows no desire to leave as of right now, no matter what Raiola said in the past.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Munchie89 Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:49 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
linetty wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:

Veratti is a wet dream for everyone. Best investment PSG ever did.

Verratti is a Juventus supporter since ever. A Real one, no fake stuff.

After his last season in Pescara Verratti got 3 main offers from Juventus, Napoli and PSG all offering pretty much the same money to Pescara and same salary to him.
He refused Napoli and was in between Juve and PSG.
Back then Antonio Conte and Juve could not offer him a place in the first 11's but only as Pirlo's possible sub, while Carlo Ancelotti and PSG promised him an immediate role as regular starter and a great future in PSG.
From here his choice.

Now, being Verratti a first choice of the sheik, doing great in the team, enjoying himself and living in the luxury, is very hard to take him away from there.
But one day he will come home!!
Munchie89
Munchie89
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Munchie89 Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:06 pm

What I believe.
Barcelona promised Juve big money (probably something btw 60 and 80 mlns) for next summer after watching what Pogba can do this season as a regular starter, a number 10 worn by Platini, Del Piero and Tevez , and a with a team almost build around him.
So far it wasn't any of the above.
I mean, he gotta deserve to be worth this money and Barca & Juve ain't playing around.
What may just happen is that Pogba will do 'so good'  from now to Christmas time while Barca will do 'so shit' (pretty rare XD) that Barca may rush for the transfer over January's market without waiting for next summer's.
Munchie89
Munchie89
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:14 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMO_MK8W8AAagyP.jpg

looking good
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next