McAgger
Valkyrja
Layquelme
LeBéninois
DeviAngel
86 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba !!  - Page 11 Empty Re: Paul Pogba !!

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:19 pm

Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Imagine Neymar and Pogba going to the barber together.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:43 pm

Imagine being that barber. $$$$$$$$$
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:37 pm

I don't watch Serie A, let's get that out of the way, but every time I see this guy in the Champions League, I see nothing special from him. Yet he is time and again being touted as some '€100m central midfield once in a generation superstar.'

I'm watching City v Juve tonight and Pogba is producing absolutely nothing. And it's been like this every time I've seen him in the CL. Occasionally beats a defender with his dribbling, but most of the time does nothing noteworthy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:42 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't watch Serie A, let's get that out of the way, but every time I see this guy in the Champions League, I see nothing special from him. Yet he is time and again being touted as some '€100m central midfield once in a generation superstar.'

I'm watching City v Juve tonight and Pogba is producing absolutely nothing. And it's been like this every time I've seen him in the CL. Occasionally beats a defender with his dribbling, but most of the time does nothing noteworthy.

Trust me, you're not the only one. The majority of peeps see him as an overrated player with nothing special whatsoever. Those who defend him are usually:

1. Frenchmen
2. His family members and relatives.
3. His agent.
4. Biased Juve fans.

That's about it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Well, I thought I was going to get hammered left, right and center for my post, so am positively surprised by the first reply.

Yeah, I mean, he's not a bad player, but after reading all these reports that Barca are trying to get him for 100m and Chelsea are trying to get him 120m and whatnot... I'm just not seeing what's so special about him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:11 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I don't watch Serie A, let's get that out of the way, but every time I see this guy in the Champions League, I see nothing special from him. Yet he is time and again being touted as some '€100m central midfield once in a generation superstar.'

Trust me, you're not the only one. The majority of peeps see him as an overrated player with nothing special whatsoever. Those who defend him are usually:

1. Frenchmen
2. His family members and relatives.
3. His agent.
4. Biased Juve fans.

That's about it.

how many frenchmen do you actually know that you put them top of the list ? Laughing

i love this idea that people have about french fans being chauvinistic about their players when it's the exact opposite .people in France are suckers for foreign players and frequently downplay their own .
Henry was diskliked , Ribery was disliked , benzema is disliked...

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 pm

and boom , assist . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Thing with Pogba, and it has always been this way, is that he phases in and out of games. He isn't someone who is going to control the match or dominate it for majority of the period like Verratti or Kaka used to in his prime.

He will phase in and win the match or phase out and look like someone from league 2.

He is insanely talented though. But probably not the best idea to build a team around him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thing with Pogba, and it has always been this way, is that he phases in and out of games. He isn't someone who is going to control the match or dominate it for majority of the period like Verratti or Kaka used to in his prime.

He will phase in and win the match or phase out and look like someone from league 2.

He is insanely talented though. But probably not the best idea to build a team around him.

What you describe, the perfect role for him is the Ineista role.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:48 pm

farfan wrote:and boom , assist . Laughing

Thing is, I see Jordan Henderson whip in balls like that game in, game out, and he's a good player, but no one's going 100m crazy over him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:01 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Thing is, I see Jordan Henderson whip in balls like that game in, game out, and he's a good player, but no one's going 100m crazy over him.

yeah , and Jordan Henderson scores spectacular decisive goals frequently and was also an integral part in his team's 3 league title wins .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:07 pm

farfan wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

yeah , and Jordan Henderson scores spectacular decisive goals frequently and was also an integral part in his team's 3 league title wins .

Well, Pogba scored 8 goals for the clear title winners in Serie A last season, Henderson scored 6 goals for the 6th-placed team in the Prem. Not really a difference there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:08 pm

This is why stats are bad.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Art Morte wrote:
farfan wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Well, Pogba scored 8 goals for the clear title winners in Serie A last season, Henderson scored 6 goals for the 6th-placed team in the Prem. Not really a difference there.

are we really doing this ? are we really gonna have to discuss why Pogba is rated higher than henderson ?
if Henderson was anywhere near Pogba's level , his english passport alone would've guaranteed him a 120 million market value .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Just let all these guys go Farfan.  You don't see Juve fans bother with these inane comments... they know his value and were ecstatic to keep him one more year.  

EPL fans wouldn't know a great midfielder if Zidane hit them in the face with his play...  midfield play over there is so basic and watered down that it's normal that fans of that league have no appreciation of all the facets that go into being a great midfielder.  

The only proper midfielder i saw developed in the EPL for the past 15 years was Scholes (fantastic player).  That's it.  Lampard and Gerrard did about half the job of a midfielder... although they did that half really well.  Since the league didn't make them pay, they were never exposed and only got shown up on the international level because they never had to fix their flaws domestically.  

In fact CL and NT is showing it again for England...  the middle of the pitch always eats them alive.  A shame.  I actually thought EPL was a very technically and tactically gifted league in the 80s.  It all went away.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm not saying Pogba = Henderson. I'm just not seeing how all the hype about Pogba is justified. If there was really a 100m CM on the pitch, he'd make more of a difference than Pogba, imho.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm not saying Pogba = Henderson. I'm just not seeing how all the hype about Pogba is justified. If there was really a 100m CM on the pitch, he'd make more of a difference than Pogba, imho.
Art Morte wrote:I'm not saying Pogba = Henderson. I'm just not seeing how all the hype about Pogba is justified. If there was really a 100m CM on the pitch, he'd make more of a difference than Pogba, imho.

Pogba is legit brah.
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm

You're making it seem like Pogba is a better midfielder than freaking Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, 2 of the best midfielders of the last 20 years.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Valkyrja wrote:You're making it seem like Pogba is a better midfielder than freaking Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, 2 of the best midfielders of the last 20 years.
You really think those 2 were some of the best midfielders of the past 20 years?  Really??

Great EPL midfielders? absolutely.  But keep that in perspective.  Great midfielders internationally?  Not at all.  

If Beckham had stayed at Man U and hadn't shown exactly how average he was at Madrid, he would have been rated higher than both Lampard and Gerrard... at the very least, right on par.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:17 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:

Pogba is legit brah.

Well, that changes it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:19 pm

what is 100m in today's market anyway ? Chelsea flop De Bruyne went for what ? 80m ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Money aside, Pogba's been given this status that he would walk right into Barca's or Real's XI and make them better or be some amazing addition to Chelsea or City and lift them another level... I'm just not seeing that kind of a player in him, not yet anyway. Way too passive in general and way too few moments of brilliance.

At the moment he seems to me more like a luxury CM than someone who'd drive your team forward for 90 minutes. If he's ever going to be all that he's hyped up to be, he needs to learn to take a game by its neck and stamp his authority on it from start to finish. So far, he's not doing it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:30 pm

That's because you have this thing in your head what a CM should and shouldn't be.

He doesn't have to do any of those things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Art Morte is making perfect sense. Why doesn't anybody want to read what he's saying? He said that Pogba is talented but he's inconsistent and rarely ever does he show moments of brilliance to justify all the hype he's been getting.

He can't control games on his own and he's not a world beater. He's talented that's it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:36 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Art Morte is making perfect sense. Why doesn't anybody want to read what he's saying? He said that Pogba is talented but he's inconsistent and rarely ever does he show moments of brilliance to justify all the hype he's been getting.

He can't control games on his own and he's not a world beater. He's talented that's it.

What player do you know that controls games on their own? The team has to be set up for him to even attempt that. He does what is required from him.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next