January tranfer window should be scrapped.

+7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
B-Mac
Luca
Onyx
urbaNRoots
dronte
worms
11 posters

Go down

January tranfer window should be scrapped. Empty January tranfer window should be scrapped.

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Who else thinks that it should be scrapped completely? IWO teams should only be allowed to buy players in the summer.That way clubs can't rectify their mistakes half way into the season.

This way it will make leagues more unpredictable as the teams with the most money won't be able to spend their way out of trouble half way through the season,it will be put teams on more of a level playing field.Say if Everton were 4th now and Chelsea were 5 or so points behind,Chelsea would likely spend £30 plus,something Everton can't compete with and this would give them a big advantage over Everton.Higher profile teams will get relegated making it more exciting,mid table teams could be only one summer of bad business away from relegation,I know this happens now but it would happen a lot more if this new rule was introduced I think.Transfer business in the summer will become more important,the teams with better planning and more savvy transfer dealings will be rewarded.No more spending your way out of self made problems says I.

Each season it only seems right that a player only plays for one team,that a team starting a season together will end it together through good or bad.

worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

January tranfer window should be scrapped. Empty Re: January tranfer window should be scrapped.

Post by dronte Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm

No. Mid-season injuries.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

January tranfer window should be scrapped. Empty Re: January tranfer window should be scrapped.

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Are you Wenger in disguise?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Why shouldn't teams be able to make adjustments in January? I mean it's not a bad thing rectifying mistakes made in the Summer. Didn't Everton sign Jelavic last January? Mid table teams can make signings too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:29 pm

dronte wrote:No. Mid-season injuries.

Make sure you have cover at the start of the season,if multiple players in the same position get injured then tough shit.Promote someone from youth if worst comes to worst.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm

worms wrote:
dronte wrote:No. Mid-season injuries.

Make sure you have cover at the start of the season,if multiple players in the same position get injured then tough shit.Promote someone from youth if worst comes to worst.

So, you're suggesting that the January transfer window should be scrapped to avoid overspending

And the solution is to stockpile players in the summer- overspending?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm

The primary reasons why I am in favor of the idea I have already said:

"This way it will make leagues more unpredictable as the teams with the most money won't be able to spend their way out of trouble half way through the season,it will be put teams on more of a level playing field.Say if Everton were 4th now and Chelsea were 5 or so points behind,Chelsea would likely spend £30 plus,something Everton can't compete with and this would give them a big advantage over Everton.Higher profile teams will get relegated making it more exciting,mid table teams could be only one summer of bad business away from relegation,I know this happens now but it would happen a lot more if this new rule was introduced I think.Transfer business in the summer will become more important,the teams with better planning and more savvy transfer dealings will be rewarded.No more spending your way out of self made problems says I.

Each season it only seems right that a player only plays for one team,that a team starting a season together will end it together through good or bad."

Right now it's too easy for clubs with money.Especially clubs in the EPL were there is no skill involved in building a team.Just spend spend spend until you get it right. Sleep
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Which big teams make big signings in January?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Which big teams make big signings in January?

Chelsea, some lad name Torres

lol but on topic, no January transfer window is fine, small clubs use it more imo
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 pm

worms wrote:
Right now it's too easy for clubs with money.Especially clubs in the EPL were there is no skill involved in building a team.Just spend spend spend until you get it right. Sleep

I get the feeling this is aimed at us and i think its unfair to say " spend spend spend" if so.

Considering we have bought 5 players for a net spend of 12m.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

No, it gives teams the chance to bounce back in the league. Also it can make the second half of the season to be unpredictable if teams are willing to spend this window
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:34 pm

So uh, the two January windows Chelsea have spent less that £10m and you are complaining about teams like us spending all the money we have?

Thats just silly.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Use your original account and get rid of the gimmick, clown.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:25 am

Gil wrote:Use your original account and get rid of the gimmick, clown.

Reported.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:36 am

If it were scrapped we'd see more youth players promoted which would be great in my opinion but i could see why many people disagree.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum