Kick
JAY-Z
Onyx
RealGunner
Art Morte
94 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 24 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by Cruijf Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:58 am

If you want a laugh go back and read the first couple pages of this thread rofl

Some of the gems:

Art Morte wrote:
Would be my choice to replace SAF at United once he retires - and who also is a fantasic manager by the way.

CBarca wrote:He's pretty boss. I love the guy.

Hope he stays at Everton forever. Good guy Moyes at good club Everton Proud

I mean, I don't want Moyes going to Man City or Man U or something. I like him too much. Stay at Everton.

Kick wrote:Moyes Linked to Chelsea. Chaka

Laughing

Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 24 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:20 am

La Liga snapping up top PL managers. Time for some beautiful football. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:36 am

chad4401 wrote:how many pure epl managers managed in la liga before?

Not sure what the "pure" means but Chris Coleman managed La Real before.

Anyway, the squad La Real possesses, Arraste really did a poor job with them. Prieto, Vela, Pardo, Canales, Martinez aren't scrubs at all. Losing Griezeman and Bravo, particularly Bravo really hurt them though.

As said before, I really wish Moyes the best of luck. La Liga has a funny way of redeeming lost souls.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:42 am

by pure pl manager i mean no real experience outside of prem
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:45 am

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The absolute last manager I wanted for La Real.

Arrasate's sacking was unfortunate as it is clear that he is a talented coach yet could not have Ereala bounce back from the slump that resulted in his demise as the loss of Bravo and especially Griezmann; literally Sociedad's El Shaarawy was a massive blow more than people would measure.

Yet replacing him with a man who does not speak a word of Spanish let alone Euskera, added with the fact that he will bring his provincial mentality and tactics to a club who have regained their identity not seen since Ormaetxea roamed the locker room.

I don't know who here said La Real is a 'low pressure' club as that would speak one of who has not followed the club post-2002 as its an incredibly difficult job within a pressure cooker Anoeta. Moyes not only will not use the brimming youth, or stick to what Montanier brought back yet he will resort to his backwards backwoods football which will take away everything that was built.

Wish Real just snapped up Lopetegui when they had the chance in the summer or at least promote Txema instead of a manager who will be out of his depth.

If he can get them to avoid relegation then praise be to him yet I do not see him building anything beyond that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:30 am

stay safe my basque friends Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:10 am

Moyes in La Liga, damn eco smile

I actually hope he does well.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:46 am

what hilarious news for breakfast
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:43 am

Quite incredible that this went through. I just can't see how La Real management sat down and thought that appointing Moyesie would make logical sense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:18 am

For La Real, it's a bold choice. Risky too, unnecessary risky. They could have and probably should have gone with the "safer" option in Pepe Mel who at least speaks Spanish. Moyes probably only just got a good grasp of the English language. I'm not even sure if the Anoeta would be patient enough since relegation is a real thing.

With that being written, La Liga is a league where tortured football souls have found redemption, a revival, their own Lazarus pit. I'm sure Moyes knows how challenging this job is. For all his faults, he isn't dimwitted.

I'll be actually rooting for him honestly though I don't think he'll fair as well as I would want.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 am

BREAKING: David Moyes appointed Real Sociedad manager.
Is it for real Suspect

Is it for real What a Face

Is it for real :facepalm:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:50 am

A brave decision from Sociedad as well as from Moyes himself.

I like it personally hmm

It's different and Moyes needs different right now more than anything.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:26 pm

rofl
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:50 pm

I hope this works out well for both him and Sociedad after the rather cruel manner of his United dismissal. It does seem like an odd appointment however hopefully they give him the time, trust and respect that any manager deserves.

The first page of this thread is brilliant nonetheless.

Kick wrote:Certainly one of my favourite Managers, I would love him at Chelsea.

I try to catch as many Everton games as I can because of him.

Kick Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:56 pm

It's a pity he won't bring Phil Neville with him, else we could dub this affair "The adventures of the ingenious Don Moysie and Sancho Pansa"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:23 pm

He's already getting stick from die hard Sociedad fan Ander Tattero

Spoiler:

Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:29 pm

oh boy drunken

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:36 pm

that man too job ruined moyes rep. he was such a well liked manager before, now everyone thinks he is a scrub. It's not like Van Gaal has been doing much better this season, with 200 millions in signing invested in the squad...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:that man too job ruined moyes rep. he was such a well liked manager before, now everyone thinks he is a scrub. It's not like Van Gaal has been doing much better this season, with 200 millions in signing invested in the squad...

This

LVG is actually doing worse than Moyes, specially considering the new signings. And the funny part is he isn't getting any stick at all. Talk about double standards.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:44 pm

while that is true, I'd point out that it wasn't the performances up to November that killed Moyes, it was what happened from December to February.
Then will also be the more appropriate time to compare Moyes and van Gaal.

As for stick, van Gaal already got much more stick in the English media (maybe not from fans) than Moyes did up until almost the very end.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Meh, looking at results is a little misleading.

This Man Utd is clearly better than Moyes Man Utd.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:52 pm

there is no way to ever compare both, because any comparison you make would be unfair to begin with.

Van Gaal came in and at least was able to spend a great amount of cash to shape the team into something he wanted. No one allowed Moyes to spend much (even if he messed up with Fellaini).

Last season, man yoo were still in the post fergie honeymoon phase were they thought everything would be alright, and then reality hit them exposing how shit they truly were.

If anything, Moyes had the short end of the stick. Van Gaal is coming in after everyone has been disappointed already, people don't even bother to cry anymore, any draw is like a victory, any victory is like a CL knockout round won.

Medias are legit scared of even criticizing Van Gaal, last year they had a field day with Moyes, everyone was happily clowning him from day one.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:while that is true, I'd point out that it wasn't the performances up to November that killed Moyes, it was what happened from December to February.

As for stick, van Gaal already got much more stick in the English media (maybe not from fans) than Moyes did up until almost the very end.

wut

english media destroyed moyes. I only read the Daily Fail, but I rarely see them throwing shit specifically at van Gaal.

About analyzing only results, it's not just that. Moyes didn't have the same level of quality this team has. He was stuck with the likes of Valencia, Welbeck, Cleverley etc. You just can't expect that team to play great football, but when you invest so much and have players like Falcao, Di Maria and all the other players he bought, then you have to expect at least a CL spot.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:58 pm

That's right, they shouldnt even be compared to begin with. There are big differences in what they are working with compared to last year.

As for LVG's position, I think this was well known even before SAF left. I copied other peoples opinion by saying, you dont want to be the guy who follows SAF but being the guy who follows the guy might be alot better.

I dont know about media, I dont follow. But what I do know is from what I heard and read, Moyes got clowned on because he wasnt even good enough to begin with...so its easy, he was already fighting a losing battle.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Hans is right, the media never turned on Moyes until Olympiakos first leg. Yeah, Moyes didn't get to spend as much as van Gaal, there's a clear disadvantage, but he still spent a lot £65 mil+, he just spent it unwisely. He probably could have spent more if he wasn't so indecisive in the transfer market, hence Everton fans calling him ‘Dithering Dave’.

van Gaal hasn't started well, it's true, but if he continues this way the fans will start turning on him too, but we finished 7th it wasn't going to change overnight. So for now he will be afforded patience.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Ganso wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:while that is true, I'd point out that it wasn't the performances up to November that killed Moyes, it was what happened from December to February.

wut

english media destroyed moyes. I only read the Daily Fail, but I rarely see them throwing shit specifically at van Gaal.

About analyzing only results, it's not just that. Moyes didn't have the same level of quality this team has. He was stuck with the likes of Valencia, Welbeck, Cleverley etc. You just can't expect that team to play great football, but when you invest so much and have players like Falcao, Di Maria and all the other players he bought, then you have to expect at least a CL spot.

that depends what timeframe you're talking.
I'd dare you to show me any article in the media (not fan forums) directly critizising Moyes work, before November.
I'm talking Telegraph, Guardian, Mirror, Mail etc, not Red and B-Mac on here. (That those know better than journalists is a given Proud)

Where as I can show you quite a few directly critizising van Gaal, his subs, system, etc, as soon as match day 2.

In hindsight it seems like Moysie was hard done by, because shit hit the fan early this year, but in the beginning it was all quiet, noone dared to question the choice of SAF.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next