Redknapp furious with Cup defeat

5 posters

Go down

Redknapp furious with Cup defeat Empty Redknapp furious with Cup defeat

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:53 am

QPR manager Harry Redknapp slammed his side following a shock 4-2 FA Cup defeat at the hands of MK Dons, declaring his players 'blew it'.

Rangers' League One opponents went four goals up without reply within 56 minutes, courtesy of an own goal from Armand Traore, and a goal apiece from Ryan Lowe, Ryan Harley and Darren Potter.

The Premier League outfit managed, thanks to Jay Bothroyd and Fabio Da Silva, two goals in the last 10 minutes but they proved scant consolation as Redknapp's outfit were bundled out of the tournament.

The former Spurs boss was furious and unable to comprehend how his team could not overcome the Dons.

"We've got an England goalkeeper (Robert Green), a right-back from Man United (Fabio), (Esteban) Granero from Real Madrid, (Ji-Sung) Park from Man United. Surely they're entitled to beat a team from two divisions down," he told reporters.

"I gave them a chance today because they knock on my door and say they should be playing and other people tell me they're all good players. Well, they got the chance today and they blew it."

Redknapp was keen to convey the need to reinforce the squad if they are to improve their performances with QPR sitting bottom of the Premier League, five points adrift of safety.

"It tells me that I need to improve the squad, that's why I traipsed all over Europe for the past three weeks trying to improve the squad because we're bottom of the league because we deserve to be there," he said.

"In the last 10 games or so we've picked up 10 points, averaging more than a point a game and we're getting blood out of a stone at the moment. I know we need to improve and that's what we'll continue to try to do this week."

Who do you think QPR should sign?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Redknapp furious with Cup defeat Empty Re: Redknapp furious with Cup defeat

Post by Future Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 am

It doesn't matter who they sign they'll never win.... It just wasn't meant to be.

Granero
Cesar
Mbia
Park
Traore
Taraabt
Remy
Hoilett

And they're fighting to stay alive lmfao
Future
Future
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 pm

They could possibly improve their defense?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:They could possibly improve their defense?

They need more than that.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Kick wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:They could possibly improve their defense?

They need more than that.
They've had no chemistry the entire first half of the season. If you ever wanted an example of why FM is not real life, QPR is it. You can buy all the names you want, but if you don't actually assemble a TEAM, you might as well have burned your money.

This is precisely why I wouldn't trust Mark Hughes with my spare-change jar, much less a Premier League transfer kitty.

Redknapp may be illiterate and tactically mediocre, but he's capable of picking a group of players that will play as a team/unit. The question is if he has enough time to undo the damage. There are 15 (?) games left, and QPR are 5 points from safety. It's certainly better than when he took over, but they've still got a mountain to climb.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:45 pm

"They blew it"

Laughing
Lex
Lex