is it too early to call for Stramma's head ?

+13
Eivindo
Kaladin
InterR9
Internal
marottalad
InterMalia
andiii
delaurentishotz
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
eltractor
Xifio
zizzle
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

is it too early to call for Stramma's head ? Empty is it too early to call for Stramma's head ?

Post by zizzle Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Gone is the early season form, but its no coincidence that the results started going south once we lost some of our starters to injury. Cassano was carrying the team early on but injuries happened, Milito and Palacio were scoring left and right and that's gone, and most noticeably, our defense was starting to look good at one point but that now it simply sucks. So what happened ? is it just injuries ? is the pressure getting to stramma ? are we just not good enough ? i know the gap with the 3rd spot isnt unattainable, but the way things are going now i wouldnt put my money on it. what do you think ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

is it too early to call for Stramma's head ? Empty Re: is it too early to call for Stramma's head ?

Post by Xifio Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:10 am

"Cassano carrying the team early on" -- it brings such happiness to my heart Proud ...

there is little creativity besides Fantantonio ... how GuarĂ­n is supposed to replace Wes, when he is so infuriatingly careless, is beyond me ... and if the midfield lacks creativity, it must have steel; but does it? erm ... and don't get me started on the defence ...

Strama's not doing too badly with a rather deplorable squad ... Milan have El Shaarawy and M'baye Niang to look towards ... Inter have Rocchi as the only January "reinforcement" so far ... I ask you!
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

is it too early to call for Stramma's head ? Empty Re: is it too early to call for Stramma's head ?

Post by eltractor Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 am

i dont think stramma is the problem. our squad is very weak! how can we play 3 5 2 and our wingers are full shit. pereira has not made any good cross in the inter shirt, and naga was injured. we cnt use zanetti on the wing because the midfield lacks cover. gargano was not impressive as he was in napoli, and i would rather not talk about gaby. we sold cou and sneijder and i dont think we will be bringing a good signing. the situation is bad and its not strama who we should blame
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Its always just plugging the dike one hole at a time with this club :facepalm:

Never any vision, never any plan...sigh
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm

meanwhile Mourinho has been dropping hints...
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:48 pm

It seems to me that the reasons for Inter's inconsistency are not tactical and thus a coach sacking would not change much.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 am

Strama has impressed me against Jube..

Other then that he has produced mediocre results..

Not sure who could do a better job then him atm.
Mourinho to return ?? Nah don't believe it
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:50 am

we need a good player in every part of the field, a defender, a strong midfielder who can start the attack, and a good striker so we can compete
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:32 am

i think it's time to call for moratti's head, and all the directors he has Mad
he is starting to frustrate me really
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:49 pm

he's got to go.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 pm

yup. our formation and the way we play is totally uninspired. he's got worse and worse in his decisions

andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 pm

is it too early to call for Stramma's head ? BCMNV1wCUAA6YIz

I was not alone crying Sad
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 pm

I feel bad for Stramma, and this pic says it all. I guess he wasnt ready for a club like inter, once the pressure started mounting he started losing control. If we can keep him as an assitant manager i would be glad, but i guess he's parting ways with the club sooner rather than later.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24 am

nah it's branca and moratti's fault when u bring in players like rocchi what do u expect to happen? inter have a good project atm with lots of promosing young players and results won't come instantly it may even take afew years but as usual moratti will get impatient and sack stramma then u will start with another coach and the cycle will continue. sell youth stars and buy recycled players. with the snejder wage money, get rid of milito and sign a marquee striker in the summer for inter this is a must the kovacic buy was a step in the right direction.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:58 am

if we are to sack stramma, i am totally against appointing a second class coach, strama is a good second class coach (at least better than ranieri, benitez, gasperini ... ). i think moratti and branca should leave this project to someone more clever!!! why would we sign rochi is we have a young talent who scored 4 goals in EL and has a storming game against roma!!! and what sucks is that we sent him on loan when we lack options in attack!!!
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Stramaccioni should not be sacked, period. We've gone through enough coaches to realize that it takes more than half a season to implement tactics, build a squad, and build a god damn mentality in the team. Strama needs one thing, to strap on some man sizes testicles and really start playing his game. Enough Of this 3-5-2, 8 defensive player bullshit and enough of this playing not to lose shit.

We as fans have been beaten over the head about this youth revolution and financial crisis by moratti and co, so it's its time to stop buying and starting these mediocre stop-gap shit bag players and actually let our youngsters start. Instead of sporadic starts and 15 min cameos, stramaccioni should be letting players like Alvarez, benassi, Kovacic, and livaja(before they let him go :facepalm: ) actually string together some starts before deciding that they'd be inadequate and must buy tommaso rocchi to ensure our season... We've had a massive dip in form, just like what happened with every other coach post mou. I understand that there have been injuries, but that should've been an excuse for strama to integrate some of his young guns. He let benassi play what? Two games? Then that was it.. :facepalm:

I do believe that strama has what it takes to be coach of inter, to do as we were led to believe and revolutionize our squad with youth and direction. It'll start when moratti stops saying shit like "we don't aim for third, we want to win the scudetto," and let the squad develop instead of heaping pressure on his inexperienced 36 year old head coach. Strama has adapted well at times this season-4-3-2-1, 3-4-3 etc. It's time he adapt again, ditch the 3 man back line and stop playing zanetti-cambiasso-gargano mid fields!!

With his newly acquired set of balls, strama should field a variation of a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-1-2 against cheivo. With guaro out, he should give Ricky the start.

handanovic

Zanetti--ranocchia--jj--pereira

Kovacic--cambiasso--kuzmanovic

Alvarez

Milito------cassano

Or, if his balls were really hangin low, he could bench cambi for gargano, run a 4-2-3-1 with gargano-kuz as holding and start schelotto-Kovacic-Alvarez, with milito up front.

handanovic

Zanetti--rano--Juan--pereira

Gargano--kuz

Schelotto--Kovacic--Alvarez

Milito

This is all wishful thinking, and probably wont happen. But one things certain, it's time for players like chivu, stank, Jonathan, and rocchi to take a massive slide down the depth chart, and get some pt for our actually talented guys. It might even be time for capitano and cambi to relinquish some of there grip on the starting XI, and let the next gen in, especially if stramas thinking about pairing them up as dms again! :facepalm:
Anyway, rant over... Sorry it was so long lol
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I guess you're being hard on Stramma here, but one thing i totally agree with is the fact that Stramma needs to find the balls he lost after the Juvi game. I also agree Moratti isnt helping his case, that man does not know the meaning of patience and he somehow thinks that you can win while focusing on the youth. It simply cant be done, and Arsenal serves as a perfect example.

Stramma needs time, but before that he needs to sort his shit out and go back to his roots. He is the perfect man to lead this youth revolution and he has done well so far. Rocchi's signing isnt all that bad, we only bought him because we were sending Livaja to Atalanta to bring Scheloto (who is young himself) so a cheap temporary backup wouldnt hurt. Livaja will also get more time in Atalanta since they are interested in bringing up his value.

All and all Stramma is not short of talent or players to win the CL qualification. He controls is own fate. However it's that objective that is pressuring him to abandon his philosophy so the president needs to lay off his back and give him time.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 pm

handanovic
zanetti ranocchia jj perreira/naga
guarin cambiasso kovacic
alvarez palacio cassano

pls

when Obi is back I'd move Kovacic to the middle and play him at LCM
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

is it too early to call for Stramma's head ? Empty The Real Problem is not Stramma its the Inter System

Post by InterR9 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 am

Stramma is not the problem. There you go. This is it. He is not the cause of the problems in Inter. Inter has deeper issues. Fundamental issues that transcend the coach. Stramma inherited quiet an old team. A team that churned through 3 coaches in less than a year (Mourinho, gasperini, Benitez). Stramma is a breath of fresh air really and he is an asset that Moratti needs to nurture and protect. He is no worse than Ferguson or Mourinho in their younger years. I think he can become a great coach very soon. His problem is that he was given inter, a team that Ferguson if given all the money in the world wouldn't coach. I wouldn't accept coaching inter if i was a great coach without strong and very hard clauses. I believe the fortunes would be different if he had a younger more qualified team in a different culture where the likes of Branca don't control or have the President's ear.

Along the hoards of fans, I sat there year through year watching Inter fail time and again to win the Calcio since the nineties until the Scandal that hit Juventus. It was our time with our weaknesses and troubles we continued to win. But we can't lie to ourselves and say we were confident enough as fans that every game Inter entered would be a sure win. Through out the winning years I saw Inter play, half of the time they played convincingly and the other half, well lets say...bad. Seriously bad. Even when Mourinho was coach. Ergo, this refutes that the current string of bad games is due to the coach. There is something fundamentally wrong with Inter's system.

Stramma has deployed a winning playing tactic. Passing and possession game. The problem is that it isn't supported by the current squad players:3-4-3 or 3-5-2 can work to destructive effects on competition at any level, the weakness is 2nd rate first team players in Nagamoto, Juan, Perriera...etc Ergo he has to do with what he has: a weak, old and a lost in direction group of players. He made a risky move that had fruition early in the season. It is however, showing that weaker teams have capitalized on the weakness, eg. Siena 3-1 game. Should he be sacked because of bad tactical decisions during a small patch of bad games? I think not. If he does then I believe he will find a home in another club that will allow him to apply his coaching system to great success.

In all honesty, he took the right amount of risk, he weighed the risks of continuing to play a defensive style football that will not get him to compete with the likes of Juve and Napoli. He considered the facts, and it was concluded that the team needed a new DNA playing strategy.

People who say replace Stramma with Mourinho or Napoli's Mazzarri are just focused on the person. Ie in that winning or losing is because of the coach. Where was Mazzarri a few years back?! The coach is the easiest component to replace, to pacify the angry mob, to deflect the shortcoming of the whole system and compartmentalize it in the coach as a figure.

It is not the coach who creates success for the team singlehandedly. It is the system of the club! Where there is strong fundamentals, good practices and policy you will find successful coaches and teams, Eg. Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich. Not the highest paying clubs, not the strongest financially, not the biggest spenders but they are consistent and they deliver day in and day out. That doesnt come from coaches, Barcelona continued to win after Guardiola and will continue to create success after Villanova I am sure. So will Man Utd post Ferguson.

To break the dogma that the coach is the key, i wish to shed some light on the Treble winning Inter broke the mould in Mourinho's era because:

1. The competing clubs were going through turmoil on a Calcio level.
2. He had the players at their prime (Eto'o, Milito, Cesar, Cambiasso...etc)
3. The money didn't dry yet.
4. He had credibility to earn control over back of house decisions.

I admit, he is a masterful tactician and motivator, however, he did not build a lasting team. I believe he is partly blamed for the status Inter is in today. Ergo, why Mourinho can never be a hall of fame coach to me, unlike Alex Ferguson, Billy Shankly, Herrera.

An aging weak team is a symptom of weak fundamentals of the club. Not a weak coach. To reinforce this point, Stramma or any coach won't be allowed to bring an expensive old player even if he was what is needed to balance the team.

The facts are (Systemic Problems with Inter)

1. Weak Club Strategy, no clear plan for creating a lasting competitive system at least for the fans to see.
2. Weak Transfer transactions: Out with the good, in with the weak or inexperienced. lousy expensive prospects...etc.
3. Weak Player Planning & very weak Technical Support in Branca/Oriali,
4. Weakening President: Rash decisions, central decision making, inability to continue funding the team.
5. Unstable Financial Base: No Stadium, weak TV rights, International marketing rights, Sales...etc.
6. Weak Youth Management System. ( e.g. Star players who found other homes and became huge success: Pirlo, Santon, Balotelli, Arnautavic... the list is very very long.

Moratti should stop looking for duck-tape fixes and focus on long term sustainability, which he started by rebalancing the books. However, he shouldn't fall into the trap of replacing Stramma with anyone. He needs to be patient and rebuild the club and not the first team!

InterR9
InterR9
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:08 am

i think we should not get obsessed by the CL spot. now milan are very much more favorites for the 3rd place, with many other competitors (lazio, viola, udinese, milan ..) we should play game by game like we used to do at the begining of the season. after we beated Juve, we (and for sure the players) started thinking about the scudetto, and the media pressure rised very much on both strama and the team, so we began losing focus. 3 4 3 and 3 5 2 are very strong formations, but we lack the most fundemental players, which are the wingers. zanetti is brought to play in midfield so we dont have a competent RW, and pereira is a real flop tbh, i still didnt see any good cross he did, and is weak defensevely, which is the same problem with naga. i hope schelotto can be a good RW choice. we have some decent players that we can build the squad around, like handanovic, guarin, palacio, rano, JJ, and even cassano.
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 am

:coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 pm

You should wait until after the Derby, he can still reach 3rd spot
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm

id still give him until the end of the season regardless of the derby
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:28 pm

hes changing his formation every week now

the players do not play with any sort of visible cohesive gameplan, there are no leaders capable of taking control of the game when things start going against us

its not solely his fault (someone from front office needs to get sacked for the rocchi signing) and Moratti unquestionably deserves a ton of blame as well, but you cant fire the owner and Strama hasnt been up to snuff
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm

The showing against Fiorentina was pathetic. Its the kind of effort one makes in a friendly against Luxemburg when you have zero motivation. All players looked lazy and they did not pressure Fiorentina at all. It is hard to not see how that is related to Strama, but Inter is in a transition like Milan was, and it should probably take at least a year to see some progress.

Sacking the coach in order to go for the third spot is crazy, as it is not very realistic anyway. Strama was given the job to work with the youngsters, no?

Ur number 10 is exciting at least.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next