aford92
The Franchise
worms
DeletedUser#1
peerless
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Savagery in English football. Empty Savagery in English football.

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Savagery in English football. IbcFRKR9immpuk

“It’s the English game, the old-fashioned game, and that’s what the Premier League is so good for. There is massive pressure on the referees from the media and the people they’re accountable to. Hopefully it [tackling] can stay in the game and people just get on with it.” - Glenn Whelan

The fact that this thug is going on the offensive after being clearly shown to maim Javi Garcia's foot is shocking, and sums up the outlook of thuggery in the Barclays Premier League. It's a shame that diving is seen as a horrific offense, yet these sort of tackles are lauded by some analysts and brutal elbows from the likes of Marouane Fellaini are merely skated over, attributed to his strength. The English Football Association must review this, and the other savage attacks exhibited by players from Stoke City Football Club and give these punks a ban.

I am glad that we, Liverpool Football Club, have ridden ourselves from the FA Cup, an absolutely disgusting competition where inferior clubs are lauded for playing hoofball and using brute, unpunished thuggery to unsettle superior players. It is a miracle that Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Joseph Allen came away from that without any serious injuries. And to think that this was one of Oldham Athletic Football Club's top matches of the year, it's pitiful.

The majority of ball-playing sides should withdraw from next year's competition until the English Football Association reassesses its principles.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Savagery in English football. Empty Re: Savagery in English football.

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Stoke get away with murder at times, so do lower league teams in Cup-competitions.

that's why no English team can ever compare themselves with Barca. imagine a player like Whelan, Benteke, Jones, Matt Smith challenging for high balls in Spain ....they'd get called for fouling the defender ALL THE TIME, same that happened to Crouch in Europe.

It's part of the identity of English football, that ref count it as part of the game because of tradition, and like it or not, it'll stay that way

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Oldham weren't that bad to be fair,they certainly didn't produce any challenges that could injure our players.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Not all teams are dirty. There are a select few archaic teams/players.

Dont confuse physical, tough and gritty football with dirty.

As for that tackle, it was very dangerous but he was trying to get the ball. It was more reckless and stupid than dirty and trying to hurt anyone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:33 pm

worms wrote:Oldham weren't that bad to be fair,they certainly didn't produce any challenges that could injure our players.

How do you know? What if a yellow-card worthy tackle was made on Luis Suarez, who would have suffered a torn ankle ligament? The yellow-card would be an adequate punishment in the match, yet the sheer value of Luis Suarez to Liverpool Football Club would be missed. It's these horrible tackles that can severely hamper a footballer's career.

Joey Barton suffered a 12-match ban for his violent actions against Manchester City Football Club in the final match of the 2011/2012 Barclays Premier League season. There were more than 3 incidents where he attacked a player from Manchester City Football Club - a deserved punishment.

However, Marouane Fellaini blatantly attacked Stoke City Football Club defenders, such as Ryan Shawcross. Marouane Fellaini pelted these footballers with elbows, knees, and shoulders - all infractionable offenses, yet even when Marouane Fellaini clearly viciously headbutted Ryan Shawcross, he stayed on the pitch.

Savagery in English football. Fellaini
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:36 pm

I love a good tackle, but the one on Garcia was terrible. To me if you get the ball before the man then it's a good tackle regardless if you went in from behind, from the side, from the front or with 1 foot or 2 feet. I hate when fouls get called because they went in aggressively and whether or not they got the ball is ignored.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm

That's an awesome tackle in that gif, I don't get what the big f*cking deal is. Grow a pair, FFS.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not all teams are dirty. There are a select few archaic teams/players.

Dont confuse physical, tough and gritty football with dirty.

As for that tackle, it was very dangerous but he was trying to get the ball. It was more reckless and stupid than dirty and trying to hurt anyone.

Look at the English national team, and the English lower leagues. The tradition of 'determination and passion' and 'getting stuck in' are the real archaic principles, whereas the majority of other top national sides have adapted to modern football.

"Physical, tough" football should be eradicated from the Barclays Premier League if savages like Glenn Whelan will push it to the limit and commit heinous offenses. Yet it is only when a foreigner dives, such as Luis Suarez, when the English media attempt to crucify the footballer.

When Luis Suarez dived against Stoke City Football Club, he was vindicated by the English press. Yet, if he stayed up, he may have endured a bone-crunching tackle from thugs like Steven N'Zonzi, or Robert Huth. However, a worse offense was committed that was looked past:

Savagery in English football. 8062824317_c85bab7e63_o
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Stoke in being thugs shocker !
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 pm

aford92 wrote:To me if you get the ball before the man then it's a good tackle regardless if you went in from behind, from the side, from the front or with 1 foot or 2 feet.

That is horrible. It's as if you enjoy seeing attacking footballers being crippled by thuggish defenders.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 pm

worms wrote:Oldham weren't that bad to be fair,they certainly didn't produce any challenges that could injure our players.

Did you see the stamp on Allen's leg inside the very first minute of the game ?

any other country, and it's an instant red.

if the game was at Anfield, at least a yellow.

not making excuses, we were shit and they deserved the win. but just highlighting how a lot of English teams get away with thuggery

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm

peerless wrote:
aford92 wrote:To me if you get the ball before the man then it's a good tackle regardless if you went in from behind, from the side, from the front or with 1 foot or 2 feet.

That is horrible. It's as if you enjoy seeing attacking footballers being crippled by thuggish defenders.

Hardly, if you concentrate on getting the ball then it's fairly difficult to "cripple" the player.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm

1. The England NT struggle because of their football, not because of their apparent thuggery. The two are not linked.

2. Stop flooding the page with gifs, we all know the tackles and plays.
2.1 Lets not pretend we cant find the same of players from other leagues, Pepe, Materazzi, so on and so forth.

3. Its not a big deal. Divers are hated more than dirty players by the media...yeah and? We arent the media, we cant do anything, just dont read it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Who the f*ck "lauded" that tackle? No-one is the answer
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 pm

aford92 wrote:Hardly, if you concentrate on getting the ball then it's fairly difficult to "cripple" the player.

Even if you concentrate on getting the ball from behind, it takes precision and defensive abilities to make a clean, crisp tackle. How many defenders in the Barclays Premier League can say that they are good defenders?

The Franchise wrote:1. The England NT struggle because of their football, not because of their apparent thuggery. The two are not linked.

2. Stop flooding the page with gifs, we all know the tackles and plays.
2.1 Lets not pretend we cant find the same of players from other leagues, Pepe, Materazzi, so on and so forth.

3. Its not a big deal. Divers are hated more than dirty players by the media...yeah and? We arent the media, we cant do anything, just dont read it.

I never said that the English team is filled with 'thuggery', you must have read the post wrong. I said that the principles shown in English lower leagues and the English national team is that of 'passion and determination', and 'getting stuck in'. That is close to savagery, but not the real thing.

It's not as rampant in other leagues, and it is not as vicious in other leagues. If you were to watch English lower league football, there would be one harsh tackle per match that could cause serious injury. If you watch the lower sides in the Barclays Premier League, there is no attempt to modernize and apply slightly more modern tactics, instead Tony Pulis is being hailed as the best defensive manager in England, yet the barbaric hoofball executed by Stoke City Football Club is merely a by-product of their savage defending.

If there were to be a poll of "what was worse" - Santi Cazorla's dive against West Bromwich Albion Football Club or Glenn Whelan's attack against Javi Garcia, the dive would most likely win the poll.

Lex wrote:Who the f*ck "lauded" that tackle? No-one is the answer

What are you talking about?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 pm

peerless wrote:yet these sort of tackles are lauded by some analysts

Find me one instance where ANY analyst, pundit or commentator in England has lauded a tackle like that and I'll personally Paypal you £10
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Lex wrote:

Find me one instance where ANY analyst, pundit or commentator in England has lauded a tackle like that and I'll personally Paypal you £10

I do not need your money.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Lex wrote:Who the f*ck "lauded" that tackle? No-one is the answer
Me, I did, it's an awesome tackle!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm

peerless wrote:
Lex wrote:

Skating over the issue, are we? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm

could you send them to me lex? thx

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Lex wrote:
peerless wrote:
Lex wrote:

Skating over the issue, are we? Laughing

Why would you offer me money?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:07 pm

peerless wrote:

How do you know? What if a yellow-card worthy tackle was made on Luis Suarez, who would have suffered a torn ankle ligament? The yellow-card would be an adequate punishment in the match, yet the sheer value of Luis Suarez to Liverpool Football Club would be missed. It's these horrible tackles that can severely hamper a footballer's career.

Joey Barton suffered a 12-match ban for his violent actions against Manchester City Football Club in the final match of the 2011/2012 Barclays Premier League season. There were more than 3 incidents where he attacked a player from Manchester City Football Club - a deserved punishment.

However, Marouane Fellaini blatantly attacked Stoke City Football Club defenders, such as Ryan Shawcross. Marouane Fellaini pelted these footballers with elbows, knees, and shoulders - all infractionable offenses, yet even when Marouane Fellaini clearly viciously headbutted Ryan Shawcross, he stayed on the pitch.

Savagery in English football. Fellaini

Why are you calling teams by their full name,for example Manchester City Football Club?

Is this some kind of formal announcement to the English press?

Do you think this makes you appear smart?

Last edited by worms on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 pm

worms wrote:Why are you calling them Manchester City Football Club?

Why would I not call them Manchester City Football Club? Is this an issue?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Im just saying....Stoke and some others are dirty? Okay and?

Its not exactly new. I dont see the scope for discussion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm

peerless wrote:
worms wrote:Why are you calling them Manchester City Football Club?

Why would I not call them Manchester City Football Club? Is this an issue?

It's not an issue,just out of place and makes you appear like a very strange man.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next