DeletedUser#1
Onyx
VanDeezNuts
halamadrid2
BarrileteCosmico
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Bale, claims Vertonghen Empty Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Bale, claims Vertonghen

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen insists Gareth Bale "could play for every team in the world".

The in-form Welshman is a long-term transfer target of Real Madrid, with a bid from the Bernabeu expected when the transfer window re-opens in the summer.

Bale has also attracted interest from Barcelona and Vertonghen believes that Clasico rivals Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are the only two players that trump the Wales star at the moment.

"Of course you have Messi and Ronaldo," Vertonghen told Sky Sports.

"And then you've got a lot of players who are very close to each other and I think Gareth Bale is one of them, like at the level of the best teams in the world.

"He could play for every team in the world. For me he's a world class player."

The 25-year-old also defended Goran Popov, after the Macedonaian was sent off while playing against Spurs on Sunday for spitting towards Kyle Walker.

"I think he knows," said Vertonghen. "It's an emotional reaction and I think he knows he's wrong.

"I played a few times against him in Holland as well. He's a very fair player, so I think it's just an emotional reaction."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Bale, claims Vertonghen Empty Re: Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Bale, claims Vertonghen

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:19 pm

oh dear :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Bale, claims Vertonghen Empty Re: Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Bale, claims Vertonghen

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm

i think bale just goes around to teammates giving handjobs until they tell the media he can play at madrid.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Actually the title is wrong.

Bale said:

"Of course you have Messi and Ronaldo," Vertonghen told Sky Sports.

"And then you've got a lot of players who are very close to each other and I think Gareth Bale is one of them, like at the level of the best teams in the world.

"He could play for every team in the world. For me he's a world class player."

He didn't say Bale was 3rd best, he said he was in a group of players who are below Messi and Ronaldo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Bale gets into any club team at the moment IMO.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 pm

ribery wept.

the guy still has some way to reach theo walcott forget the likes of reus, ribery and dimaria etc
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Do not want.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Bale isn't even the best player at Spurs Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:34 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:ribery wept.

the guy still has some way to reach theo walcott forget the likes of reus, ribery and dimaria etc

To be fair he is not far behind Theo, he is only 6 goals and 6 assist behind.

I think he is around 100 goals behind Messi so not that far also. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:34 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i think bale just goes around to teammates giving handjobs until they tell the media he can play at madrid.
rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 pm

this year's Di Maria is nothing to be envy about, but yes... he's not 3rd best by any stretch of immagination
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 pm

lol thionel goatcott :bow:

he has really stepped up since signing his contract.

modric was this overhyped before he came to us :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:Bale gets into any club team at the moment IMO.

probably wouldn't spend much time on the pitch, though
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:38 pm

People who say he is behind Walcott, Di Maria, Ribery, or not Spurs' best player are massively blind IMO.

Bale is by far Spurs' best player, he's won them half of their points this season, and has been carrying their attack by assisting Defoe single-handedly. Don't let Mole fool you by saying "Dembele is a lot more important", it's the same Mole who said Song is a bigger loss for Arsenal than RVP and RVP is a tap-in merchant Laughing

I've always defended Walcott on here even when he was more consistent, but scoring and assisting against Coventry and Reading in Carling Cup, doesn't make him better than Bale.

Bale is a more complete player as he is a lot better in the air, and his shooting range and crossing is also far superior to Theo's. Theo is very good too, and it's no shame not being as good as Bale.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:He didn't say Bale was 3rd best, he said he was in a group of players who are below Messi and Ronaldo.
Even that's wrong. That would put him in the same bracket as RVP and Aguero
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Seps, your madness is showing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:People who say he is behind Walcott, Di Maria, Ribery, or not Spurs' best player are massively blind IMO.

Bale is by far Spurs' best player, he's won them half of their points this season, and has been carrying their attack by assisting Defoe single-handedly. Don't let Mole fool you by saying "Dembele is a lot more important", it's the same Mole who said Song is a bigger loss for Arsenal than RVP and RVP is a tap-in merchant Laughing
I've always defended Walcott on here even when he was more consistent, but scoring and assisting against Coventry and Reading in Carling Cup, doesn't make him better than Bale.

Bale is a more complete player as he is a lot better in the air, and his shooting range and crossing is also far superior to Theo's. Theo is very good too, and it's no shame not being as good as Bale.

Walcott scored most of his goals going through contracts talks and coming of the bench. He has scored against some of the biggest teams in the world.

Walcott is not like Bale only shows up against mediocre teams.

Songs is bigger loss than RVP.

Walcott scored against Chelsea,Liverpool and Spuds. I dont think you can really say who is better than who, but Theo has really improved this year and if he keeps it up will be better than Bale.

Bale is a fraud just like Modirc. Laughing

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Bale has scored vs United, Arsenal, Liverpool, WBA this season and assisted vs City. That's 6 teams out of top 10. All mediocre I suppose Laughing You ask 50 fullbacks of PL, do they prefer to defend vs Walcott or Bale, n most would fear Bale more. Ps Walcott may have been on the bench early on but Bale also had some niggling injuries n suspension. 2 weeks ago you were saying your team is shit who'll be lucky to finish top half n now u say u can win CL n Walcott is better than Bale on base of scoring vs Coventry. Reminds me of MessiacAgger Very Happy. Se consistency in opinion mate :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Gareth Bale is nowhere near top 3 let alone top 5 yet that cannot give us a reason to jest upon him.

Fact is, Bale has improved his overall game tremendously under his signature work ethic and excellent mentality. Now he finally has some semblance of a right foot, far less predictable going down the wing. Has developed a sense of link-up play (although passing needs improvement). His once mindless drifts into the middle have develop into intelligent laterals to draw his markers out while finding an alternate option to his usual kick-rush-cross or shoot repertoire. He is far from complete but at the age of 23 and within the space of 2 years he has improved himself, his consistency and abilities fantastically. There remains the question of how he will evolve his game once his world class athleticism declines yet his progress gives me no doubt that he will clinch such a progress.

I'm self-confessed fan of Bale. The comments that say he isn't even the best player or most important player in his team are ridiculous. Without him Spurs look far less potent as his big game presence and explosiveness has launched Spurs into the upper echelons of the English League. As of now he must stay in Spurs as under AvB it is making far more progress than Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City as well as other leagues won't exactly suit his style of play like it does for this league.

World class player? Not yet, but definitely a world class winger.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:You ask 50 fullbacks of PL, do they prefer to defend vs Walcott or Bale, n most would fear Bale more.
Mind if i ask the greatest player on the planet?

Said Messi "I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against. Barcelona players are not scared easily but I can tell you that when we played Arsenal last season, he truly worried us"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Im just gonna throw this out there to :fishing: some guys

Marco Reus

That is all
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:Bale has scored vs United, Arsenal, Liverpool, WBA this season and assisted vs City. That's 6 teams out of top 10. All mediocre I suppose Laughing You ask 50 fullbacks of PL, do they prefer to defend vs Walcott or Bale, n most would fear Bale more. Ps Walcott may have been on the bench early on but Bale also had some niggling injuries n suspension. 2 weeks ago you were saying your team is shit who'll be lucky to finish top half n now u say u can win CL n Walcott is better than Bale on base of scoring vs Coventry. Reminds me of MessiacAgger Very Happy. Se consistency in opinion mate :coffee:

Is not like we walked all over them, we were losing 4-1 when he came on. I did say my team was shit and but they have picked it up latly. I dont think we can win CL or beat Bayren but we are better position then we were few weeks back.

About making top 4, I know all other teams will push hard but we it comes down to it, Arsenal have been doing it for 16 years and we will do it again.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Bale hasn't played against Barca yet. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Bale hasn't played against Barca yet. hmm

I am sure Mdoric has told him all about playing Barcelona from the bench. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Most of RVPs goals this year has been tap ins he hardly contributes outside of the box anymore which is why Man Yoo struggle if Roonay or Kagawa don't play the link it all together.

Song is a bigger miss, mainly because Arsene sold him and didn't bother to replace him at least he got Giroud in Laughing

As for Bale he has been outstanding this season but this is massive hyperbole.

And Ribery is miles better than Bale.

And Dembele is more important, any Tottenham fan will tell you that lol.

Their record without Dembele is shocking, they won like 1 game without him and lost hardly any with him.

This stat is from December 12th....

Only Messi and Ronaldo are better than Bale, claims Vertonghen Dembel10

Enough said.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next