Pirlo a doubt for Juventus

Go down

Pirlo a doubt for Juventus Empty Pirlo a doubt for Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has confirmed that Andrea Pirlo, amongst others, is a doubt for the tie against Fiorentina.

The playmaker returned from international duty this week, after the 1-1 draw in Holland, with a problem.

“Pirlo didn’t train yesterday and I’ll have to speak to him,” the tactician noted. “Meanwhile, Mauricio Isla returned with a cold and Stephan Lichtsteiner came off for Switzerland.

“We’ll evaluate all of these situations tomorrow.”

There is some good news for the tactician though given that he will have two other players back after injury.

“Sebastian Giovinco is causing me no worries and Claudio Marchisio is training with us – they are both at 100 per cent.”

Juventus-Fiorentina games are always fiery affairs, but Conte has played down the significance of the tie.

“I didn’t live this game as a rivalry when I was a player. I think that matters more to Fiorentina. Juventus are a great side and I think all the teams that face us give that little bit extra. But, for us, it is a game like the others.

“There is a long way to go until the end of the championship so I think it is premature to suggest the Fiorentina match is a Scudetto tie. Tomorrow we’ll face a strong side in Fiorentina. We have to try to beat everyone and not just Fiorentina.”

The Viola will line-up with Stevan Jovetic in their side, a player who is of transfer interest to the Bianconeri.

“Jovetic is a Fiorentina player, a young one, but a player with possibilities. I though have my players whom I consider important – so I’ll keep them.”

It’s a big week for Juventus as they face Celtic on Tuesday and then Roma on the following Saturday.

“What counts is the next game, thus Fiorentina,” Conte added. “From tomorrow night we’ll be thinking about the Champions League and Celtic.

“Roma? I thought it would be more logical to schedule such a game for Sunday. It makes no sense playing tomorrow, Tuesday in Europe and then again on Saturday against Roma.”

Conte also insisted that he’s happy to have Nicolas Anelka in his ranks following his arrival in January.

“I’ve tried a few different solutions and mechanisms this week. When I believe the right moment arrives then I will call upon his services. I’m convinced that he can give us a big helping hand.”

Sky Sport Italia are today suggesting that Juve’s starting XI will be: Buffon; Barzagli, Marrone, Caceres; Padoin, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, De Ceglie; Vucinic, Giovinco
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down