+5
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Raptorgunner
Kaladin
Lex
Onyx
9 posters

Go down

Newcastle to continue signing French stars Empty Newcastle to continue signing French stars

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Newcastle's managing director Derek Llambias has revealed the club have yet to conclude their transfer dealings in the French market.

The Magpies currently possess a dozen French speakers in their first team squad, having added five players from Ligue 1 during the January transfer window.
Their Gallic-centred policy has garnered criticism both domestically and back in France from the likes of Didier Deschamps and Gerard Houllier.

However, the club remain defiant in their beliefs, with Llambias confirming they will continue to work in France while also exploring nearby markets.

"There are still targets in France, by the way. We haven't finished with the French market," he said. "We want to expand in Europe. We'll be moving around Europe: we already do. Obviously we like the Dutch market, the Belgian market too.

"I mean look at the Belgian national team now, it's outstanding what they've done there. But there are other areas we'll explore too. Kevin [Mbabu] is an excellent prospect, he's 17 and he's a good acquisition for us. We're looking everywhere."
Llambias also confirmed the club have at times widened their search outside of Europe, sending chief scout Graham Carr east to view players in South Korea.

"As for the global markets, well we did look at South Korea and a player from the Chunnam Dragons," he said. "We sent our guys over. Graham [Carr] had a look at him and he wasn't good enough, yet he was one of their star players."

This follows reports last month that Newcastle were lining up as many as ten new youngsters to supplement the club's development squad after a clutch of their current crop were released from their deals.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Newcastle to continue signing French stars Empty Re: Newcastle to continue signing French stars

Post by Lex Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Let's see if they get as much stick as we did back in the day
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Newcastle to continue signing French stars Empty Re: Newcastle to continue signing French stars

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:04 pm

mt still jerking to post a transfer rumor lol, i can see him now: "Must post transfer rumor !"
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Newcastle are a special team and why would they stop the french league rape now?

They bought what 5/6 players for 7m. Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:11 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:mt still jerking to post a transfer rumor lol, i can see him now: "Must post transfer rumor !"

:bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Lex wrote:Let's see if they get as much stick as we did back in the day

You haven't taking the notice of the media recently?

If anything we have been taking more stick Laughing acting like its a crime against humanity. Laughing

I know now how it feels Proud

Anyway i think we will be spending time in Holland this summer than anywhere else.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Fair play to them I say

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Not a single star bought for the moment by Newcastle. Only the second choice.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Hmm? I saw my "warning level" diminished from 75 to 25% without any reasons given? This website is really becoming annoying, and quickly moving out from the spirit of the old forum.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:38 pm

OLpower wrote:Not a single star bought for the moment by Newcastle. Only the second choice.

As far as i recall Debuchy and Mbiwa were in Ligue 1 team of the year for 2012...

Also doesn't Cabaye start for France in like every single game?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:12 pm

OLpower wrote:Not a single star bought for the moment by Newcastle. Only the second choice.

Yes, cause Debuchy, Mbiwa, Sissokho, Marveux, Haidara, and Ben Arfa were all second choice bench players at their former clubs right? Laughing

But continue to talk out of your ass.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Yes, cause Debuchy, Mbiwa, Sissokho, Marveux, Haidara, and Ben Arfa were all second choice bench players at their former clubs right? Laughing

But continue to talk out of your ass.

That's what I said, not one single star. All of them played in second rate French clubs, except Ben Arfa and this one was a failure in France.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 pm

How many stars are there in Ligue 1 anyway? Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down