Art Morte
iftikhar
poolsupporter
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan... - Page 2 Empty Re: If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan...

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 am

If we are ninth when the season ends I will most likely want him gone, but if we show good form and results between now and the last match of the campaign, that will count for something.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan... - Page 2 Empty Re: If Capitalism (F)SG sack Brendan...

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 am

Even if we finish outside the top 10 this season i'd still want Rodgers to stay. It's the second season that we should judge him by. I love the football that we are playing under him. Not even Mourinho, Pep or Del Bosque can fix us in one season. Give the man a chance, i'm afraid that if we jump ship too soon this brilliant guy will end up making a dynasty somwhere else and we'll be left crying
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Even if we finish outside the top 10 this season i'd still want Rodgers to stay. It's the second season that we should judge him by. I love the football that we are playing under him. Not even Mourinho, Pep or Del Bosque can fix us in one season. Give the man a chance, i'm afraid that if we jump ship too soon this brilliant guy will end up making a dynasty somwhere else and we'll be left crying

Forget about Rodgers making a name elsewhere. It's us we should be worried about.

No manager (and no amount of money) can fix our problem in a single season. If we sack him another year (and a hack-load of money) will be wasted for new strategy, players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Even if we finish outside the top 10 this season i'd still want Rodgers to stay. It's the second season that we should judge him by. I love the football that we are playing under him. Not even Mourinho, Pep or Del Bosque can fix us in one season. Give the man a chance, i'm afraid that if we jump ship too soon this brilliant guy will end up making a dynasty somwhere else and we'll be left crying
A remarkably level-headed opinion Swag... I'm so proud... Proud

In all seriousness, I will be very upset if we do finish outside the top-ten. At that point, I will entertain serious questions regarding whether Rodgers is the man to continue leading us forward. The club has a lot of issues that remain, but a top-10 finish should not be beyond the current squad, regardless of the turnover, mentality, and playing style.

That said, the fact that we have not taken full points against a team in the top-ten is not a huge point of concern for me at the moment. Frustrating and angering? Yes. Keeping me up at night worrying for the future? No. I'm sure that sounds odd, but I would rather us learn to kill off the small sides and then move toward the top-sides than take the occasional giant's scalp, but get beaten by relegation fodder. Last season we beat Everton, Chelsea, Newcastle, Stoke (cup), and Manchester United (cup) after week 18 in the league. However, in that same stretch of time we lost to Bolton, Sunderland, QPR, Wigan, West Brom, Fulham, and Swansea City. Whether the match is against Manchester United or QPR, it's still worth 3 points. We gave away far too many points to the lower teams last season.

We need at least one more window to let Rodgers mold the squad, and improve the mentality. It's frankly amazing to me that the last two matches so dramatically changed the perceived atmosphere around the club. May I remind everyone that the past two matches have been sans the adjustments we made in January, specifically the cutting edge that we lacked for the first half of the season. Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying Sturridge fixes all of our problems. However, the ability to score cancels out a lot of other problems. Just look at Manchester United this season. They have been far from the legendary teams of the past, yet they are 12 points clear and perhaps on pace for a record tally... I could be wrong on that last part. In any case, the point holds.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Art Morte wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Completely uninterested in this thread until there's some indication, somewhere, from someone at the club that this is even being considered. Considering there has been nothing of the sort, our speculating on how unhappy we'd hypothetically be if something that hasn't been mentioned happens feels pretty useless.

Also, the title of the thread makes me find it hard to take any of the content seriously, even before reading the silliness being posted inside.

There have been some rather different views posted, all of them silly?

The views on Rodgers are all legitimate opinions, with evidence and support behind them. I respect that.

Speculation about FSG's intentions, aka the title and intention of this thread, is silliness.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2