How would you react if it turned out your favorite team or player doped their way to success?

+23
barca 2011
Lupi
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Swanhends
REWB
Zealous
The Franchise
fatman123
Freeza
Kaladin
RebaƱo Sagrado
Onyx
TheRedStag
Die Borussen
LeSwagg James
Eivindo
billy_gr
Grooverider
rwo power
nasir6371
M99
BarrileteCosmico
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How would you react if it turned out your favorite team or player doped their way to success? - Page 2 Empty Re: How would you react if it turned out your favorite team or player doped their way to success?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm

We have finished in the top 4 plenty of times in my life time lol.

If you consider that success than fair enough lol, no trophies no party Sad

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How would you react if it turned out your favorite team or player doped their way to success? - Page 2 Empty Re: How would you react if it turned out your favorite team or player doped their way to success?

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Newcastle 3-1 Leverkusen was a goat game :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We have finished in the top 4 plenty of times in my life time lol.

If you consider that success than fair enough lol, no trophies no party Sad

For you guys I'd consider that beyond successful.

Top4 was a lot easier back then....

I do agree though, to really be successful you need trophies.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:47 pm

banana ive been following my fav player from the first year he came to the club till now that he has 223 goals and is a Legend , and i know that probability is less than 0 percent .

but i would be pretty angry and would start disliking him , but i would never favor a player like that , im smarter than that Afro
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:53 pm

In regards to football, how exactly have players been "doping"? I know that it's been a bit of a scandal recently but what have footballers been taking as that drug to gain an edge? For example in baseball it's usually steroids or corking bats.

As far as the question goes if I found out that the football player(s) I support were doping, it'd depend on what they were taking and how it would relate to the supposed edge they'd be gaining. For example I don't see the point of a footballer taking drugs to get way stronger since in football it's not all about power like say in baseball, where it's all about your swinging/pitching power.

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Newcastle 3-1 Leverkusen was a goat game :bow:

The 3-2 against Feyenoord >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/champions_league/2447885.stm

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:28 pm

I honestly wouldn't give a damn. The highest level of football demands far more than physical perfection.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 pm

they all do anyhow.... i'd think: "how stupid do you have to be to get caught." or "dude must have done a heck a lot more than normal for people to notice." That kind of thing lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Not to cause a ruckus or anything but certain teams cheated their way to trophies, and fans continue to support them. So would doping be any different ?
I was thinking of that as I made the thread. Maradona was actually caught doping yet very few people hold that against him almost 20 years after it happened, when you would think the passions had settled. Guardiola was caught doping as well, but it as soon as he became successful at a well established club that was "rectified". Suspicious to say the least. Juve got caught cheating and their support didn't diminish. In all instances there are people that believe the players/teams were framed and did nothing wrong. It seems that would be the first reaction, denial. But not many fans actually make it over to anger from there.

In Maradona's case, it was late in his career, and was more out of addiction. Also, what drugs were uncovered with him were actually not physical enhancers.

I guess that is actually relevant. The reason for doping. It could be addiction, or maybe even by mistake.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Hunt them down and smoke a joint with them...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Ephedrine improves athletic performance LS
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ephedrine improves athletic performance LS

According to the sources I am reading, he was found to be addicted to Cocaine. While cocaine is an active drug, it actually have many adverse effects as well. And he took it for recreation rather than gaining an advantage.

I think the Ephedrine case was late in his career, and people did not think he took it for a long time anyway. It is a case of assuming good intentions on part of the masses.

Juve in the other hand were not really "guilty" of anything other clubs. Few Juve fans think what Juve did was cheating. Hell, many fans of other teams and anyone who knows anything about the Italian judiciary system does not think Juve cheated.

Also, another part that we should not ignore is the prevalence of Media today. Facebook and Twitter would make sure any footballer who is caught doping (notice I am using the verb "caught" not "doped" since many footballer probably "dope" in some capacity or another) is vilified and prosecuted. Also, unless the footballer is Messi or CR, the case would not explode as much. But if any footballer of their level is found out, they would lose all their trophies and their clubs would get affected severely. The Media would instigate a fierce witch hunt on them.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2