the xcx
Mr Nick09
Eivindo
OLpower
Arquitecto
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Things We Learned This Midweek - Page 2 Empty Re: Things We Learned This Midweek

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:10 am

You guys realize play in European competition is MUCH, MUCH different than league play, right?

:facepalm:

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Things We Learned This Midweek - Page 2 Empty Re: Things We Learned This Midweek

Post by Red Alert Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:11 am

Arquitecto wrote:
-Liverpool are shit....actually we learned nothing here.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 am

ynwa wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
-Liverpool are shit....actually we learned nothing here.

You literally facepalm everything I say Laughing yet continually fail to see most of my criticisms are perpetually tongue in cheek, like this thread. Relax.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 am

Eastern european teams in EL are never easy ties. They have been quite consistent in EL over the past 5 years.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 am

Arquitecto wrote:
-Europa League's referees seem to love giving bad calls. As evidenced by their horrendous calls vs Newcastle and carrying Borrusia Monchengladbach to 3 goals.

A Premface comment says that I've thought for a few years now that British referees are actually the best in the world :coffee:

Also this:
OLpower wrote:- Referees in the box are useless

Surag wrote:Celtic are worse than some of the bottom mid-table English teams.If they were in the PL,i think they would be fighting relegation honestly speaking.

If Celtic were in the PL they would make much more commercial and broadcast money which would improve their quality on the pitch.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:19 am

Celtic are useless without the almighty George Samaras in the starting 11
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Last-Bullet Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 am

Just find out that England champions city did not even make EL.
Last-Bullet
Last-Bullet
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:03 am

The proposal that EL is a great tournament, let alone better than CL, makes me want to kill a kitty.

I know it's mostly as a Meme, but it's still disturbing.

Worst tournament in history, bring back the Cup winnners cup or just enlarge CL and remove EL.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:58 am

The xcx wrote:Eastern european teams in EL are never easy ties. They have been quite consistent in EL over the past 5 years.

Agreed, no team will find it easy when the referee refuses to let you're perfectly good goals stand.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 am

billy_gr wrote:Celtic are useless without the almighty George Samaras in the starting 11

Samaras is a baller. What a player.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Not to mention that he's more handsome than Ronaldo :coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 pm

You are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:30 pm

I will support your right to bad taste as long as I’m active in this forum.
You can count on me bro :coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:34 pm

free_cat wrote:The proposal that EL is a great tournament, let alone better than CL, makes me want to kill a kitty.

Worst tournament in history, bring back the Cup winnners cup or just enlarge CL and remove EL.

Complete waffle, if anything the EL games are more exciting for the neutral because their scared of conceding a goal.

EL is a wonderful competition which has been lost because football is all about money these days.

Sad.

Watch Lazio v Gladbach among many other games and tell me its the worst competition in history.

Unless you like watching boring matches as long as they involve the best players being shackled all game long because they are afraid of their own shadow.

You might prefer to the CL but to say its the worst competition ever is nothing but ignorant hyperbole.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
free_cat wrote:The proposal that EL is a great tournament, let alone better than CL, makes me want to kill a kitty.

Complete waffle, if anything the EL games are more exciting for the neutral because their scared of conceding a goal.

EL is a wonderful competition which has been lost because football is all about money these days.

Sad.

Watch Lazio v Gladbach among many other games and tell me its the worst competition in history.

Unless you like watching boring matches as long as they involve the best players being shackled all game long because they are afraid of their own shadow.

You might prefer to the CL but to say its the worst competition ever is nothing but ignorant hyperbole.

Face it, no one cares about the Europa League. Fans don't care, clubs don't care, managers don't care... players don't care. If they don't care, they play like it's a friendly so you are bound to see goals. But the excitement doesn't exist.

Lineups full of subs, players with no will, no build-up for the matches, nothing. Only the final is semi-worth it.

Only supercups are worse tournaments. CL, League, Club World Cup, Cup > Europa League.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Only because people only care about money these days, it is very sad when finishing 4th in a league is seen as more important than winning a trophy.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Only because people only care about money these days, it is very sad when finishing 4th in a league is seen as more important than winning a trophy.

I partially agree, but also Europa League is a no-trophy. It's a tournament where the winner can't claim to be the best at anything. He is simply the best of the average teams in Europe.

League -> Most regular team in a country
Cup --> Best team in knockouts in a country
Champions League -> Best tem in Europe and possibly in the world
Club World Cup -> Confirmation that the european team is the best in the world

In the meantime...

Europa League -> Best team between a bunch of average teams and CL rejects.

Cup winners cup had a meaning: European best team in knockout only competitions.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 pm

By the way, I'm baffled at how little people care about Europa League. Levante and Atletico had emptier stadiums than in a league match yesterday. Even Levante fans won't probably see their team in a European competition forever, they prefer not to go.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm

I agree more or less with the exception of the CWC...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 pm

inter gonna win the Europa league Proud

Napoli rofl
Udinese rofl
Serie A Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Calling the teams in this competition average is hugely disrespectful.....

Also Uefa Cup and Cup Winners Cup would be the exactly the same in this money driven world....

The competition hasn't changed since then, the only difference is the money involved at CL level and teams care more about money than trophies.

You ask about Cup Winners Cup but what would that achieve?

The scenario's are totally different because of the ridiculous amount of money involved above them.

There is nothing wrong with the competition, rather the money involved at CL level is the problem and in some cases the TV money involved in certain leagues is the problem.

Uefa Cup and Cup Winners cup was competitive and people cared because it was about winning a trophy instead of just seeing who can get the most profit.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 pm

If Celtic vs Juventus was a Europa league match, I probably wouldn't have watched it. Same with Valencia vs PSG.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Calling the teams in this competition average is hugely disrespectful.....

Also Uefa Cup and Cup Winners Cup would be the exactly the same in this money driven world....

The competition hasn't changed since then, the only difference is the money involved at CL level and teams care more about money than trophies.

You ask about Cup Winners Cup but what would that achieve?

The scenario's are totally different because of the ridiculous amount of money involved above them.

There is nothing wrong with the competition, rather the money involved at CL level is the problem and in some cases the TV money involved in certain leagues is the problem.

Uefa Cup and Cup Winners cup was competitive and people cared because it was about winning a trophy instead of just seeing who can get the most profit.

Obviously teams at EL are good teams in their country, but in a European frame, they are average. Get what I mean?

I don't back going back to UEFA + Cup winners cup. Only reintroduce Cup Winners Cup as a pure knockout competition from Cup winners and scrap EL. Or just scrap EL and enlarge CL.

Money is a problem, the pointlessness of the EL another one. If EL doesn't get more revenues is because no one is interested enough to watch it or go to the stadium, and no one is interested because it's a pointless trophy for the 5th best (least worst almost).

Really, did you see Levante stadium yesterday? Lame.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Well, the Borussia Park was sold out for BMG vs Lazio. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:28 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, the Borussia Park was sold out for BMG vs Lazio. ^^

We know, you germans at the best. At fixing football matches too. Very Happy

No seriously, Germany it's weird, stadiums are always packed regardless.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 pm

That because German fans love to see their teams in Europe, no matter whether it is EL or CL. It is a matter of principle. For us foreign opponents are usually fun, no matter whether they have big names or not so big ones.

Did you know that the BMG fans created several songs especially for the EL to celebrate their return to European football? banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next