the xcx
Mr Nick09
Eivindo
OLpower
Arquitecto
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Things We Learned This Midweek - Page 3 Empty Re: Things We Learned This Midweek

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 pm

That because German fans love to see their teams in Europe, no matter whether it is EL or CL. It is a matter of principle. For us foreign opponents are usually fun, no matter whether they have big names or not so big ones.

Did you know that the BMG fans created several songs especially for the EL to celebrate their return to European football? banana

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Things We Learned This Midweek - Page 3 Empty Re: Things We Learned This Midweek

Post by free_cat Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 pm

rwo power wrote:That because German fans love to see their teams in Europe, no matter whether it is EL or CL. It is a matter of principle. For us foreign opponents are usually fun, no matter whether they have big names or not so big ones.

Did you know that the BMG fans created several songs especially for the EL to celebrate their return to European football? banana

No, I didn't know and I couldn't care less.

However, the massive stadium attendance in Germany is interesting and worth studying. I know tickets are cheaper, but I don't think that's the only/main reason.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Did you see the squad Napoli fielded rofl

If they don't win Scudetto I'm going to contact the Gomorrah and place a hit on Mazzari Clubber
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm

The Europa League is a good competition.

There's so much football in Europe and so much money in it that having only the CL would be the same as having only a country's top-6 clubs in their top division; some quality teams would miss out.

In this year's Round of 32 there are is a current number 2 or 3 from each of Europe's biggest five leagues (Chelsea, Atletico, Napoli, Leverkusen, Lyon). You can't say that's not exciting quality for a football fan.

But I'm not saying it's better than the CL nor that I'm always that excited about the EL. For example I feel stronger about our coming PL game against Swansea on Sunday than I felt about our lost Zenit St Petersburg game yesterday, but the EL is still a very fine competition.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Did someone just claim Juve parked the bus? Thats a joke i hope. We werent our usual, possession-dominating selves, but i think that just comes down to all 3 of our startinv central midfielders just returning from injury recently. Pirlo especially did not look like his usual self. But it wasnt a park job at all. Celtic pressed hard so we played more counterattacking than usual, and were unusually clinical in front of goal. We were the better team, Celtic just worked alot harder than us.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

UEFA's apathy towards EL and indulgence for CL is almost, if I'm allowed to say, racist.

EL is an enigma. For club management, manager, players 'n fans. Enen at the when a club can't quualify for CL, you don't see them fielding a weaker team. But after the season starts, they have second thoughts.

There's simply no reason to pay such small amount for EL. A beefed-up EL would go further than any stupid FFP rule.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:54 pm

arq. falcao started and was horrid all game long

couldn't even direct a simple header on target. it looked like simeone wasn't interested in this competition with his team selection. I mean if you saw rubins goal youd wonder what the fck courtois was doing on the bench. I wish they sell the overrated scrub and buy back kun or even torres.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

free_cat wrote:However, the massive stadium attendance in Germany is interesting and worth studying. I know tickets are cheaper, but I don't think that's the only/main reason.
Well, maybe it's that we still have terraces in most stadiums and we can have our beer and sing and everything without people telling us to be quiet and sit down like I read was the case nowadays in PL stadiums. Moreover, fans here feel like they are part of the club as the clubs are majorly fan-owned. As some BL CEO said recently "If you consider the Bundesliga fans as customers, you will lose them". People here don't feel like they are customers who are served entertainment, they are actually part of the club and thus also part of the entertainment.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Woah woah woah, I'm as Bundeslegacy as anyone, but Stuttgart only had 15k, of which 4k were Genk fans.

Nvm just realized it's Stuttgart.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:50 pm

iftikhar wrote:UEFA's apathy towards EL and indulgence for CL is almost, if I'm allowed to say, racist.

EL is an enigma. For club management, manager, players 'n fans. Enen at the when a club can't quualify for CL, you don't see them fielding a weaker team. But after the season starts, they have second thoughts.

There's simply no reason to pay such small amount for EL. A beefed-up EL would go further than any stupid FFP rule.

The FFP rules are not stupid, but I, too, would like UEFA to increase the EL's price monies. Take, say, €50m from the Champions League and distribute it to the last-32 clubs in the Europa League and that would do much more good to football than leaving all the money in the CL.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 pm

M99 wrote:Did you see the squad Napoli fielded rofl

If they don't win Scudetto I'm going to contact the Gomorrah and place a hit on Mazzari Clubber

The squad was pretty strong imo. They just didn't care
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

M99 wrote:Did you see the squad Napoli fielded rofl

Why would you contact the Gomorrah? So you can live in sin and get punished by a fireball from God? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Zealous wrote:
billy_gr wrote:Celtic are useless without the almighty George Samaras in the starting 11

Samaras is a baller. What a player.

Shocked Shocked off topic but, what a leap. How is that even possible.

On topic. We learnt that the media is fickle as always, now realizing and praising DDG after their relentless criticism of him. Bale is the real deal. Madrid v United match lived up to the hype- awesome game. Cr was a basketballer in his previous life- what a leap Shocked
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Phritz wrote:Nvm just realized it's Stuttgart.
That. Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Arquitecto wrote:-Atletico well and truly rely on Falcao.

Yh Falcao raped Rayo last Sunday!!!
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:17 pm

What I learned this week:

- Russia be ballin'
-B-ball pundits make lol-worthy footy pundits Laughing
- Dustin Hoffman is throwing all his eggs into the scudetto basket
- Kovacic is pretty damn awesome, just from that cameo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:45 am

What I learned?

Bale is the best free kick taker in the world.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:00 am

CBarca wrote:What I learned?

Bale is the best free kick taker in the world.

Better player than Ronaldo. :coffee: Come at me bro.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:03 am

CBarca wrote:Bale is the best free kick taker in the world.
Naw. Juan Arango should have that honour ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:20 am

Arquitecto wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
-Liverpool are shit....actually we learned nothing here.

:facepalm:

You literally facepalm everything I say Laughing yet continually fail to see most of my criticisms are perpetually tongue in cheek, like this thread. Relax.

That is literally the only time I've facepalmed one of your posts, don't flatter yourself...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:22 am

McLewis wrote:What I learned this week:

- Russia be ballin'

I told you people that the Russian League is on the way up. Anzhi etc have had to spend a few extra doe to get the players into the league, but Russian teams in general aren't walkovers. The only dissapointment from the league would have to be some of their fans...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Last-Bullet Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 am

What I learnt this week.

If Dortmund draw against Frankfurt then the bundesliga is over.

Last-Bullet
Last-Bullet
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3