Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
S
77 posters

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Daily Transfer Rumors thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Transfer Rumors thread

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:45 pm

I would not sell Downing unless the price was above £10-12m. As much as we joke about him, he's still in his prime and I'm sure would be the best player in any other mid table PL team. Sell him summer of 2014 when he turns 30 :coffee:

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I would not sell Downing unless the price was above £10-12m. As much as we joke about him, he's still in his prime and I'm sure would be the best player in any other mid table PL team. Sell him summer of 2014 when he turns 30 :coffee:

Laughing wat....

Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham, West Ham, Southampton, Villa etc etc all have at least one player who is better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:50 am

I think we have seen the best of Downing. I would sell him for around £10 million. He has become our new Babel (with considerably more game time 'n salary expense).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I would not sell Downing unless the price was above £10-12m. As much as we joke about him, he's still in his prime and I'm sure would be the best player in any other mid table PL team. Sell him summer of 2014 when he turns 30 :coffee:

Laughing wat....

Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham, West Ham, Southampton, Villa etc etc all have at least one player who is better.

Laughing don't you see I'm trying to hype Downing up so that these mid table clubs break bank for him. In what world would I oppose selling Downing under any circumstances.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 am

We'll sell him for around 8-12m. And we should get rid of him ASAP.

Also he won't be the best player of other mid table squads lol.

EDIT: Just seen post above mine.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:35 pm

Liverpool and Everton could go head-to-head for Lyon defender Dejan Lovren in the summer.

According to Croatian daily Sportske Novosti, the Croatia international centre-back is a potential target for both Merseyside giants, as they look to address defensive needs in time for the 2013/14 campaign.

Liverpool have a clear requirement for new defensive talent, with veteran Jamie Carragher set to retire at the end of the season, while Uruguayan Sebastian Coates has not yet fully convinced.

Everton too want fresh blood in their backline, with Sylvain Distin now 35 years old and Dutchman John Heitinga unhappy at a lack of starting opportunities.

Lovren is rated as one of the most promising young centre-backs in European football, but Lyon will listen to offer for him due to their continuing need to cut costs, as financing a new stadium bites.

The 23-year-old landed at the Stade Gerland in 2010, making the move from Dinamo Zagreb.

He has been repeatedly linked with an exit from Lyon over the last 12 months, with Barcelona consistently mooted as suitors.

At international level Lovren has won 16 caps for Croatia.

----------------

Italian giants Fiorentina are tracking Feyenoord’s midfield starlet Jordy Clasie ahead of a summer swoop.

According to Dutch daily De Telegraaf, La Viola are extremely keen on the Holland international and the player’s agent is aware that Vincenzo Montella’s men would like to sign the 21-year-old.

Clasie’s performances for Ronald Koeman’s Feyenoord side this season have seen many clubs cast admiring glances in his direction and, should the Dutch giants be prepared to sell, Fiorentina would undoubtedly face competition for his signature.

La Viola though are hoping to qualify for next season’s Champions League, although they face a battle to do so.

But being in Europe’s top tier competition might just tempt Clasie.

Clasie has made 23 appearances for Feyenoord so far this season.

He has also won three senior caps for Holland at international level.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has admitted he would be interested in moving to Bayern Munich should the opportunity arise.

Pep Guardiola will takeover at the Allianz Arena at the end of the season, and Ibrahimovic, who was signed by the former Barcelona coach during his time at Camp Nou, says he would be open to a move to the Bavarian giants.

"The Bundesliga is certainly a league that attracts me. One day, maybe I will go there," he told 11Freunde.
"I still have a little time left in my career. If I chose to go to Germany, it would have to be Bayern Munich.

"For me they are one of the top five clubs in the world."

The Sweden international has been criticised in the past for not remaining loyal to his employers, with his latest comments set to add fuel to that fire.

However, he believes moving across Europe has aided him in becoming a better person.

He added: "I've lived in five countries – Sweden, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and now France. I have learned to get to know new people and cultures.

"It has certainly made me more mature."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:51 am

Dear god make that happen even if it's just for a season, and then lend him to Spurs once he has "passed" his prime.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 am

I think Liverpool would vastly improve if they got Lovren.

If they got a decent LB and either improvement from Reina or a new GK, they would have a very solid defence.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:08 am

Kick wrote:I think Liverpool would vastly improve if they got Lovren.

If they got a decent LB and either improvement from Reina or a new GK, they would have a very solid defence.

Yup this summer is going to have to be a breakthrough for us in terms of transfers if we want to get back among the big boys.

Like you say CB, LB, GK, 1 more attacker, and possible a backup for Lucas are essential. Personally would love Lovren. From the very little I have seen this guy is a stud.

We're all hoping for a marquee signing. We really need another star in our team to challenge the big boys consistently. Jovetic would be nice :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Yup this summer is going to have to be a breakthrough for us in terms of transfers if we want to get back among the big boys.

Like you say CB, LB, GK, 1 more attacker, and possible a backup for Lucas are essential. Personally would love Lovren. From the very little I have seen this guy is a stud.

We're all hoping for a marquee signing. We really need another star in our team to challenge the big boys consistently. Jovetic would be nice :coffee:

Would certainly make the leauge much more exciting with Pool back fighting it out.

The new tv deal means you can spend a bit more too! cheers

Lovren is a beast and pretty young too. If Agger can keep fit, those two will be a good patnership.

Not so sure about a jovetic like signing when you have Sturridge and Suarez tbh. I would go for more of a winger than a striker, especially with Borini back next season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:12 am

I guess Borini would be a backup player.

The Callejon of Liverpool.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 am

Thats what I mean, why buy anotther striker when you have Sturridge and Borini. Plus Suarez to play wing/ss/cf.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:23 am

Kick wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Would certainly make the leauge much more exciting with Pool back fighting it out.

The new tv deal means you can spend a bit more too! cheers

Lovren is a beast and pretty young too. If Agger can keep fit, those two will be a good patnership.

Not so sure about a jovetic like signing when you have Sturridge and Suarez tbh. I would go for more of a winger than a striker, especially with Borini back next season.

We have the worst luck with Italians and guys who are named Fabio.

Dossena and Aquilani both ended up being huge flops for different reason. Fabio Aurelio was such a stud but he was injured almost his whole time with us.

I love Borini more than anybody in our section, and I know he will come good given time and patience.

The thing is when one of Suarez/Sturridge is out we look completely deflated. So far we've been without Studge only, and everything gets thrown on Suarez's shoulders. He can take the load sure as he's done many times already, but it always bites us in the back over a period of time. Would be nice to have a third attacking option who is equally capable.

Wingers we really don't need tbh. Sterling will come good as he ages and we've got some other talented ones in the academy as well. Also Coutinho was signed as winger and not an AM.

Surprisingly we've been strongly linked with Eriksen :bow: I hope there is some truth to it. Would take him in a heartbeat.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 am

Eriksen, Lovren a LB, GK and maybe a DM would be a fantastic summer for Liverpool.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 am

We all know things never go so smoothly Razz We'll probably end up getting five Englishmen (Ashley Williams, Tom Ince, etc).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 am

You can always hope though.

Just like I can hope Chelsea lose tomorrow and Rafa gets sacked. drinking
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 am

It's still February so discussing rumours and plans is more than a tad premature, IMO. Still, here's a quick rundown of LFC's probable situation and views come July.

Ince would provide solid back-up on the wings as well as another goal threat in the squad, but with his father in charge of his club now a move is unlikely... especially as he wants some guarantee of game time. He'll be a target if he's cheap and interested, but probably won't be a primary target anymore. If Downing goes I do expect us to look for a wide player, but most likely one who can have a more immediate impact. Assaidi may leave as well (not sure what the situation is with him).

Reina isn't leaving so we won't be buying a new starting goalkeeper.

We don't necessarily need a starting LB as I tend to believe Enrique will establish himself. Depending on how Robinson's loan spell goes and how Kelly returns from injury, a back-up may not be a high priority in the summer either.

We WILL need 1 or 2 CBs. Carragher is retiring. Wilson will definitely leave. One of Skrtel or Coates might leave permanently or on loan, respectively... but not BOTH. Skrtel will only go if he fails to establish himself again and someone really does offer £15+m for him (Zenit linked). Depending on which player leaves we'll either be looking for a definite starter or a rotation/back-up as well as a physical, commanding 3rd choice.

I'm not sure that Eriksen links are anything more than carry-over from previous windows and interest... Coutinho's arrival may have filled our starting CAM role.

A back-up for Lucas would be nice, as would another forward. While I think we'll keep an eye out for both, neither will be top of the target list.

Likely Targets (Media Links):
CB 3rd Choice (Williams, Amorebieta, Diakite)
CB Starter/4th Choice (Lovren, Alderweireld/De Vrij, Isimat-Mirin)
Winger/Wide Forward (Turan)

Possible Targets:
CDM (Biglia)
CAM (Eriksen)
Striker (Benteke)
Fullback (Have we been linked with any?)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:55 am

Eriksen will be more of a threat to Allen than Coutinho but I can't see him as a realistic target for us. I'd much rather

I can see Ince as the replacement of Downing. And wouldn't be surprised if we sign a number 9 or another SS type like Jovetic or somebody like him.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get rid of Reina either (only if we can find another keeper).

We'll definitely sign atleast one defender, and maybe two in the final third.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 am

Il Corriere dello Sport is reporting that AC Milan are considering a summer bid for Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti.

It is no secret the Rossoneri are searching for midfielder reinforcements, and it appears they are ready to pursue their interest in the Italy international.

Verratti recently hinted that he planned to return to Italy in the future, revealing that might happen as early as next summer.

Juventus remain the favourites for the player’s signature, but AC Milan are not prepared to give up on the talented midfielder without a fight.

The Rossoneri hope to take advantage of PSG’s interest in Ignazio Abate and Kevin-Prince Boateng and strike a deal that would see Verratti arrive at San Siro.

Verratti, 20, joined PSG in a €12 million deal from Pescara last summer, but has struggled to hold on to a regular starting berth at Parc des Princes.

The Italy international featured in 17 Ligue 1 games this season, starting 13 of them.

Most likely a bs rumor. Dont want Abate to leave at the extent of Verratti, KPB can go though
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 am

If Carlo leaves ,i think there's a big chance both Juve and Milan pounce on him come the summer.

Milan might probably have the first option on him with the Ibra-Silva sale and all.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:51 am

Arab investment in Roma?

There are reports that Italian giants Roma could soon net a financial boost thanks to a mystery Arab investor.

The Gazzetta dello Sport and the Tempo newspapers are today both suggesting that the club may have a new minority shareholder on the horizon.

The stories suggest that an as of yet unnamed millionaire, born in Jordan, is ready to buy out Unicredit’s shares in the outfit.

There is talk of an initial €80m investment in the Giallorossi from him, but details are still unclear.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am

Kick wrote:Eriksen, Lovren a LB, GK and maybe a DM would be a fantastic summer for Liverpool.

and a rather expensive one too.

We will get some fund from the sale of Carroll, Downing, Pacheco.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 am

According to Giovanni Galeone, at the end of the season, Walter Mazzarri will sign for Inter and Allegri (unless he wins CL lol ) will sign for Roma.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade admits that La Viola are looking for a prolific goalscorer to sign in the summer and are keen on Liverpool’s Fabio Borini.

Prade however believes that the Reds will not be willing to sell the former Roma hitman, despite his unlucky season on the injury front at Anfield.

Liverpool snapped up Borini from Roma last summer, but he missed much of the first half of the campaign with a broken bone in his foot, while he picked up a dislocated shoulder against Swansea at the weekend, which should rule him out for the remainder of the season.

The 21-year-old might have been restricted to just five starts in the Premier League this season, but Fiorentina are still convinced of his quality.

"We are looking for a striker with a hunger to score in his DNA", explained Prade to Radio Toscana.

"A player who lives to score goals.

"We like Fabio Borini, but it is hard to imagine that Liverpool will let him go."

Liverpool signed Borini to a long-term deal running until 2017 when he arrived from Roma and would surely need to be made a substantial offer for the Italian to decide to cash in.

It also remains to be seen whether Borini would be open to joining La Viola.

------------------

Atletico Madrid are ready to launch a swoop for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke as they prepare for possible life without Radamel Falcao next season.

According to Spanish daily AS, Atletico Madrid have been impressed by Benteke’s performances in a struggling Aston Villa side this season and are now seriously keen on tempting the Belgium international to the Vicente Calderon.

Keeping hold of Falcao is already looking mission impossible for Diego Simeone’s men, even if they secure Champions League football for next season.

And bringing in Benteke could ease the pain of losing the talented Colombian.

However, Atletico Madrid may have a tough job convincing the former Genk man to relocate to La Liga.

Benteke has spoken of his desire to play in England and the joy achieving his dream has brought.

A move to Spain would mean abandoning that after just 12 months.

And he has suitors in the Premier League, with the likes of Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur all having been linked with making a move for his services in the summer.

Atletico Madrid are thought to be ready to pay up to €20M for the 22-year-old.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade admits that La Viola are looking for a prolific goalscorer to sign in the summer and are keen on Liverpool’s Fabio Borini.

Prade however believes that the Reds will not be willing to sell the former Roma hitman, despite his unlucky season on the injury front at Anfield.

Liverpool snapped up Borini from Roma last summer, but he missed much of the first half of the campaign with a broken bone in his foot, while he picked up a dislocated shoulder against Swansea at the weekend, which should rule him out for the remainder of the season.

The 21-year-old might have been restricted to just five starts in the Premier League this season, but Fiorentina are still convinced of his quality.

"We are looking for a striker with a hunger to score in his DNA", explained Prade to Radio Toscana.

"A player who lives to score goals.

"We like Fabio Borini, but it is hard to imagine that Liverpool will let him go."

Liverpool signed Borini to a long-term deal running until 2017 when he arrived from Roma and would surely need to be made a substantial offer for the Italian to decide to cash in.

It also remains to be seen whether Borini would be open to joining La Viola.

No way we'll sell Borini. Rodgers absolutely adores the guy. Especially not for cheaper than we got him. However; this could be the perfect opportunity to inquire about Jovetic and workout some sort of exchange with Borini, Flanagan loan (whom they also want), and some 10-12m.

The harder part might prove to be convincing Jovetic to come here, although he was ready to sign for us in 2009.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next