S
The Legend
sportsczy
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1986-1987 Napoli - Page 2 Empty Re: 1986-1987 Napoli

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Let him be Baresi... he's not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to footy obviously.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:Platini said this after France won Euro 2000: "Zidane does some extraordinary things, it's true. But you have to put everything in context. What Zidane does with a ball, Maradona could do with an orange."

Then Joe Cole must be the greatest player of all time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:Let him be Baresi... he's not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to footy obviously.
Laughing What Baresi said was completely illogical you dunderhead.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm

silver wrote:Lol I know what a VHS is. I was being facetious. Did you really think someone wouldn't know what a VHS was that you had to put a description in your post?

Rolling Eyes
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:07 am

silver wrote:Whats a VHS?
I dunno.. Will they work in my beta-max players?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Platini said this after France won Euro 2000: "Zidane does some extraordinary things, it's true. But you have to put everything in context. What Zidane does with a ball, Maradona could do with an orange."

Another dazzling post by you Rolling Eyes
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:36 pm

baresi wrote:
I hope you realize you picked one of the most controversial clashes between the two sides, the first goal was a 100% offside back then, and apart from that I don't see and whack defense the second was brilliant moment from Maradona the way he rose and took the ball before Baresi, the third and fourth wonderful counters jet as the book suggests.

And Hormonica providing stats that prove that Maradona is much better, the stats are pretty close and favor Messi slightly, but apply the offside rule back then on todays game and lets look at those stats again.

Are we actually debating who was better as an individual player?

Agree with Benin comparison, perfect.

Even if the 1st goal was offside(the offside rule was soooo baaaad in the 80's), it doesn't change the fact that the fact that the rest of the goals were awful defe... wait, do you actually belive that it was brilliant effort by napoli and not bad defending? O_o

If that would have been in La Liga, you and everyone would have rightly pointed out how bad the defending was for those goals, like how most criticized this defender for Messi's goal..

Both Baresi and this defender took the wrong option, Baresi with his failed attempt to bicycle clearance and the Malaga defender because he didn't pass it to the keeper immiedietly..

Anyway, if you still belive that it was not bad defending then I can't really argue with you so..

1986-1987 Napoli - Page 2 Watch?v=8k6aI0NXM7c1986-1987 Napoli - Page 2 E9f23b66_Seinfeld3

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Another dazzling post by you Rolling Eyes

There was actually a great story behind that. I don't know if you heard. Gerrard said back in 2010 that the things Messi does with a ball, Cole could do with a golf ball Laughing So my point was to sarcastically point out that what Platini said shouldn't really be taken seriously.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Oh lol. I thought you were still going on about me hating on PSG for a minute (which i will when OM is involved lol).

Fair point then.

But he's right. I don't consider Diego the best player that ever lived. But he is the best dribbler without a doubt. You had to get to him before he got enough momentum to dribble.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 pm

The last game that I was waiting for money was Udinese - Napoli and it was both teams to score and none of that happen so for good money... sooo f u Napoli and Udinese, this Napoli team doesn't deserve to be champions

(venting )
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 pm

DeviAngel wrote:The last game that I was waiting for money was Udinese - Napoli and it was both teams to score and none of that happen so for good money... sooo f u Napoli and Udinese, this Napoli team doesn't deserve to be champions

(venting )

I swa Armero playing for Napoli . ...

Why does Udinese keep selling his players like that ... Dam!n . Players like Sanchez , ok but guys like armero won't even bring in 2 millions
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh lol. I thought you were still going on about me hating on PSG for a minute (which i will when OM is involved lol).

Fair point then.

But he's right. I don't consider Diego the best player that ever lived. But he is the best dribbler without a doubt. You had to get to him before he got enough momentum to dribble.

Who do you consider the best player that ever lived and why ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Bénin wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:The last game that I was waiting for money was Udinese - Napoli and it was both teams to score and none of that happen so for good money... sooo f u Napoli and Udinese, this Napoli team doesn't deserve to be champions

(venting )

Why does Udinese keep selling his players like that ... Dam!n . Players like Sanchez , ok but guys like armero won't even bring in 2 millions

Because they are a selling club, that's their philosophy think of them like ( no offense to all Arsenal fans) more selling Arsenal type of team similar to your team Smile, no offense again.

Sanchez is not suited to Barcelona he is beast for Chile and Udinese , its hard to play for Barcelona when you are the type of playe that SAnchez is
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Bénin wrote:

(venting )

Because they are a selling club, that's their philosophy think of them like ( no offense to all Arsenal fans) more selling Arsenal type of team similar to your team Smile, no offense again.

Sanchez is not suited to Barcelona he is beast for Chile and Udinese , its hard to play for Barcelona when you are the type of playe that SAnchez is

Razz I know they are but where is the point of selling a player like that to a rival ? Let's say he cost 4m at best ... It's not that much . He is on loan with buy-option ..
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Bénin wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Oh lol. I thought you were still going on about me hating on PSG for a minute (which i will when OM is involved lol).

Fair point then.

Who do you consider the best player that ever lived and why ?

Has to be Pele. He played over 3 decades and scored 30 or more goals in a season 13 times... and never had less until he turned 30 years old. 643 goals in 656 official games. If you add friendlies. 1087 goals in 1120 games. And his stats suffered a bit from ages 30 to 34. I'm not even including his NY Cosmos.... only Santos and NT.

In his first year as a pro at the age of 17, he scored 41 goals in 38 official games (no friendlies).

And then you put the winning in there:
- 3 time WC winner and Brazil had none before him
- 11 trophies with Santos in crazy competitive competitions
- A ton of Sao Paolo trophies that i won't mention because it's too specific

He was the Michael Jordan of footy. His athleticism, skill and overall play were so far ahead of his generation that he looked out of place at times. If you watch his tape, he looks like he would dominate today no problem without having to change anything about his game or his physical shape.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:39 am

Pele based on what I read and matches I've watched seemed to be the ultimate goalscorer. Maradona was the ultimate creative player, I don't mean assists, just how much he did to help his teammates, always being able to find them under pressure, release them into space, hold onto the ball, open the game with his dribble and so forth, imagination and spontaneity of what he was capable of was unreal.

Goals win games and using that principle you can argue pele was better, but I prefer maradona. Of all sports soccer is the one with most scope for creativity and that why I like it and why maradona is the icon to me
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 am

Pele did both depending on what was needed and he did it for such a long time. Diego became the best in the summer of 1986 and it was over by 1991. He did great things in those 5 years and was still excellent in several other years. But Pele was on another level tbh. Diego doesn't even really compare. Nobody does.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Bénin wrote:

(venting )

Indeed. Sanchez is more suited for the counter-attacking style but then he will have more space to outrun his opponents, but when teams put 10 defenders....

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:17 pm

harhar11 wrote:
baresi wrote:
I hope you realize you picked one of the most controversial clashes between the two sides, the first goal was a 100% offside back then, and apart from that I don't see and whack defense the second was brilliant moment from Maradona the way he rose and took the ball before Baresi, the third and fourth wonderful counters jet as the book suggests.

And Hormonica providing stats that prove that Maradona is much better, the stats are pretty close and favor Messi slightly, but apply the offside rule back then on todays game and lets look at those stats again.

Are we actually debating who was better as an individual player?

Agree with Benin comparison, perfect.

Even if the 1st goal was offside(the offside rule was soooo baaaad in the 80's), it doesn't change the fact that the fact that the rest of the goals were awful defe... wait, do you actually belive that it was brilliant effort by napoli and not bad defending? O_o

If that would have been in La Liga, you and everyone would have rightly pointed out how bad the defending was for those goals, like how most criticized this defender for Messi's goal..

Both Baresi and this defender took the wrong option, Baresi with his failed attempt to bicycle clearance and the Malaga defender because he didn't pass it to the keeper immiedietly..

Anyway, if you still belive that it was not bad defending then I can't really argue with you so..

1986-1987 Napoli - Page 2 Watch?v=8k6aI0NXM7c1986-1987 Napoli - Page 2 E9f23b66_Seinfeld3
Now try convincing your buddy harmonica with what you said, and how would it effect Messi's game and stat if it was to be applied to today's game.

I don't know what are we debating here! Is it which is tougher Italian league defense or Spanish league defense or what exactly, btw I would like to see Maradona's goal to game ratio when he played for Barca and compare that to when he played for Napoli. If you are still convinced Spanish defense is tougher then I agree nothing left to say here....
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: