Red Alert
ronalessi
VivaStPauli
CBarca
McAgger
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Premier League Player of the Year??? Empty Premier League Player of the Year???

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 pm

The actual award will be butchered by biased opinions and the deserved players probably won't get it so I thought we should discuss it ourselves. There are still 10 matches left so I won't open the poll until mid-April when less matches are left, but there will be a poll later on.

Top 5 Candidates:

Luis Suarez - 21 goals
Robin Van Persie - 19 goals
Gareth Bale - 15 goals
Juan Mata - 10 goals
Michu - 15 goals

---------------------
Outside shots for:
Theo Walcott - 11 goals
Santi Cazorla - 11 goals
Wayne Rooney - 11 goals
Marouane Fellaine - 11 goals

---------------------
Honorable Mentions:
Eden Hazard - 7 goals
Steven Gerrard - 7 goals
Christian Benteke - 11 goals
Frank Lampard - 11 goals
Romelu Lukaku - 12 goals
Demba Ba - 15 goals

I couldn't find any legit assist numbers for any of the players, so if anyone could help me find those. I didn't want to use the premierleague.com website as the numbers seemed way too steep for my liking and they didn't match with any of the other sites. But don't really pay attention to stats as that is only half the argument.

Btw I couldn't think of a single City player that deserves to be on there Razz One of Dzeko, Silva, Yaya, Aguero could probably get into honorable column but not higher. However if I forgot anyone else please remind me.

Discuss.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Premier League Player of the Year??? Empty Re: Premier League Player of the Year???

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:31 pm

At this moment in time I think RVP has to be the favorite still with Suarez there with him.

If Bale keeps performing as he has done for the last month or two, I could see him taking it though.

How much do people care about this award anyway? Didn't Brave Scotty Parker win it? Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Premier League Player of the Year??? Empty Re: Premier League Player of the Year???

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:33 pm

So defensive players are all shit?

Also, you forgot Podolski.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:34 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:So defensive players are all shit?

Have you seen the defending in the PL this season. No one is worthy. Not one single defender covered themselves in glory I'm afraid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:35 pm

RVP

Assists stats of EPL: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/index.html?paramSearchType=BY_STAT&paramSeason=2012-2013
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Didn't Brave Scotty Parker win the English player of the season?

Anyway, I personally feel it's out of RvP or Suarez. They've done it a lot more consistently for me.

Bale's had a great month or two, and "good" for the remainder. The only reason he's in contention for it is because he's British. Demebele for me has been the better Tottenham player this season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:37 pm

CBarca wrote:At this moment in time I think RVP has to be the favorite still with Suarez there with him.

If Bale keeps performing as he has done for the last month or two, I could see him taking it though.

How much do people care about this award anyway? Didn't Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker win it? Laughing

Nah Brave Scotty Parker won Footwall Writers Player of the Year award. That one is given by the Journalists. They are all a joke tbh. Giggs won it in 2009 just for showing up for his 20th season Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:38 pm

There's been no standout defensive player that should be nominated to win it.

Evans from United has probably been the best CB this season lol...

Podolski doesn't have a chance of winning it imo. He's had a good debut season but he hasn't done anything special really. He goes missing at times too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:39 pm

If Bale won it would be criminal of sorts. He's been on a 8-10 game hot streak whereas guys like RVP, Suarez and to a lesser extent Mata have been consistent throughout.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

ynwa wrote:

There's been no standout defensive player that should be nominated to win it.

Evans from United has probably been the best CB this season lol...

Podolski doesn't have a chance of winning it imo. He's had a good debut season but he hasn't done anything special really. He goes missing at times too.

I didn't forget Podolski. He just doesn't deserve to be on there. He hasn't done enough to get even a spot in the honorable mention column.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

And remember this is just the PL, no CL/EL or Cup bs
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:42 pm

ronalessi wrote:RVP

Assists stats of EPL: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/index.html?paramSearchType=BY_STAT&paramSeason=2012-2013

I already saw that but the numbers don't look right to me. Unless someone can confirm this. Every other site is showing different number, I'm not sure which one to go by.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 pm

In the Premier League,yes. Laughing
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 pm

worms wrote:

In the Premier League,yes. Laughing

Are you still here?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Suarez has had a better individual season than van Persie.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:47 pm

I agree with what most people are saying. It is between RVP and Suarez.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Suarez has definitely been the best player this season in my unbiased opinion. Obviously he won't the officially trophy, since he's slightly too Scouse, too Uruguayan, too racist, too much of a cheat, and too toothy to be player of the year. However I hope GL will do him justice.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:08 pm

People still saying Dembele has been better than Bale

my sides Proud rofl

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 pm

i didnt know suarez had that many goals.

still i think it will be rvp though.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:People still saying Dembele has been better than Bale

my sides Proud rofl

Dembele's holding the Spurs squad together lol.

Bale gets all the headlines because he scores and goes on a mazy run every second game or so.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:36 pm

ynwa wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:People still saying Dembele has been better than Bale

my sides Proud rofl

Dembele's holding the Spurs squad together lol.

Bale gets all the headlines because he scores and goes on a mazy run every second game or so.

Yea, I am sure if Spurs fans had to be without either Dembele or Bale for tomorrow's derby, they'd all go for the former #sarcasm

Bale wins Spurs their points...He wins them games. Same thing Suarez does with us. You probably say Lucas holds us together, while Suarez JUST scores and go on mazy runs.

What a midfield does is important....but when a player is like Suarez/ Bale, and single handedly scores/assists over 50%+ of his team's goals, then he is automatically the most valuable and important player in that team.

Go read Glory Glory (the Spurs forum). All of them are worried, that they create few goal-scoring chances from open play, and it's only due to Bale's brilliance that they keep grinding results. It's their biggest concern.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:49 pm

But Lucas DOES hold us together. Where were we without Lucas? And then answer where are we with Lucas? And the best thing about it is that Lucas is still trying to recover some form - although he has been solid in the last couple weeks. We're only going to get better with Lucas discovering that form but that's not really my point.

Suarez has done A LOT more than Bale this season. He's carried us for the whole season - not for a couple of months. Luis did EVERYTHING in the first 6 months of this season. We now have more options in the final third and a stable midfield which only makes Luis job a lot easier.

Anyway, I'm not saying Bale isn't a valuable player in the Spurs squad. He is arguably the only threat in the final third in that Spurs side. And Bale does win Spurs points, I'm definitely not arguing against that. I just don't feel he's the sole reason for it and that Dembele plays a bigger part to the position Spurs are right now. Dembele is the one pulling the strings and he is the reason why the whole Spurs team is geling.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Podolski has been a better player than some 'honorable' twats.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:31 pm

There are still some 10 games left, a lot can still happen, but so far it should be Suarez before Van Persie, absolutely. RVP is playing for the league leaders while Suarez's team is currently 7th, so it's pretty clear which one has had more support from his team over the course of the season.

What comes to defensive players, I hate to admit it, but Rafael da Silva has had a brilliant season. Baines has been again very good. I'd also give Zabaleta and Shawcross a mention.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Art they start voting around late April. So the last 3-4 rounds won't have an affect as the votes will be already cast.

but Obviously for us, we'll take the whole season into consideration.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next