Red Alert
ronalessi
VivaStPauli
CBarca
McAgger
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Premier League Player of the Year??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Player of the Year???

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:40 am

Art they start voting around late April. So the last 3-4 rounds won't have an affect as the votes will be already cast.

but Obviously for us, we'll take the whole season into consideration.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Premier League Player of the Year??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Player of the Year???

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 am

Dembele was Spurs best player till January, since then Bale took over but it was a tactical reason from AVB more than anything else.

Anyway it will obviously be between Suarez, RVP or Bale....

Got a feeling Bale will get it due to the hype, but RVP or Suarez should get it.

Also Mata deserves a shout but his performances have not been as high as RVP or Suarez and won't be hyped to the hills like Bale so he doesn't stand a chance realistically.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:16 am

A lot of this award will be decided between now and the end of voting. I think that "final impression" will be crucial in the voting.

Bale is currently in incredible, flashy form. He's winning Tottenham games through individual moments of brilliance on a regular basis. I believe he's scored something like 8 out of Tottenham's last 10 goals... When the commentators talk about the last time someone else scored for Spurs, you know the situation is becoming ridiculous. If they continue winning games in this way, I think Bale will beat out everyone, regardless of the others' performances.

Suarez may have a bit of an uphill battle to win the award. He's been absolutely amazing over more of the season than Bale, and with less support than RVP. Yet, he still seems to be the one the media begrudgingly adds to the list. In order to win the award, I think he will need to stay above RVP in the race for the golden boot.

RVP, while playing well this season, doesn't seem to have done nearly as much as last season's performance. He's simply not been in a position to drag his club up the table this season. United are far better than the ARsenal team of last season, and because of this, he's not having to do nearly as much to score and win with them. He's still playing very well and may well be one of the best strikers in Europe at the moment. However, there was no herculean effort such as last year's climb into the 3rd spot.

My prediction: Bale.

My Vote: Suarez.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 am

Suarez to win this
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:29 am

Michu
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:50 am

If RVP gets more goals than Suarez, then he'll probably win it.

However currently I think Bale will win it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:41 am

Pretty tight

Bale, RVP, Michu and Suarez can all win it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 am

If we only took the first half of the campaign, then Michu would be a decent shout. However, since January 9th, he's only scored or assisted in one league match, and that was against QPR... He's a very good player, and I think he's unquestionably the best transfer of the season due to his return on investment. However, a nearly two-month dry spell in the league should rule you out of the Player of the Year voting.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 am

Bale or RVP will, but Suarez should.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 am

ynwa wrote:
worms wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:So defensive players are all shit?

Also, you forgot Podolski.

In the Premier League,yes. Laughing

Are you still here?

What?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Suarez has definitely been the best player this season in my unbiased opinion. Obviously he won't the officially trophy, since he's slightly too Scouse, too Uruguayan, too racist, too much of a cheat, and too toothy to be player of the year. However I hope GL will do him justice.

rofl
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 am

Aggerswagger Bale was very good before this hot streak. He was one of the best wingers in the league and one of the best players, albeit a bit inconsistent.

He's just been incredible since moving central though.

You can't say he's only been good recently. That's very unfair to Bale.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2