+5
futbol
CBarca
Zealous
The Franchise
Hawky
9 posters

Go down

Barcelona in 4-2-3-1 could it work? Empty Barcelona in 4-2-3-1 could it work?

Post by Hawky Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Hello! I was wondering what people here think about that, I have seen that some are against it. In my opinion it could work considering the fact that Messi also kind of plays in a 4-2-3-1 for Argentina, having a striker upfront (Higuain). So basically it could be something like this:

-------------Valdes-------------
Alves--Pique--Puyol--Adriano
------Sergio----Xavi(Thiago)-
Pedro-----Messi-----Iniesta
------------Villa---------------

Could work at least as a plan B imho. I know that the 4-3-3 system has been working for us since 2005 or so and that all La Masia teams play it, but maybe it's time to change something from a tactical point of view, at least against opponents who park the bus.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barcelona in 4-2-3-1 could it work? Empty Re: Barcelona in 4-2-3-1 could it work?

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 pm

First of all, welcome friend.

Second, this has been discussed before...but thats fine, you wasnt to know and also, now we are losing maybe there is a new take on it from some people.

Anyway, I dont think we should change to this. Not for the start of games, no.

If we want to change for teams parking the bus, I would prefer 3313..the old dream team formation. I think we should also start like that vs Milan.

The reason I dont like this 4231, mostly is because again Iniesta is forced to play wide.

We might aswell just play a lobsided 433 with nobody on the left than do this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barcelona in 4-2-3-1 could it work? Empty Re: Barcelona in 4-2-3-1 could it work?

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 pm

4-2-3-1 is a safe and solid formation but like Franchise I think Barca can reach a higher level using a different formation.

A 3 man back line would be risky considering Barca's CBs may not be up for it but theoretically at least it's a system your players would be comfortable with.

Anyway you're lucky you're new newbie, if one of the established Barca posters made this thread Franchise would have had a fit eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:03 am

Laughing Very true, I would be foaming at the mouth.

But yeah, a 3 man backline is risky seeing as we cant defend with 4 but maybe thats the point.

We are horrific either way so why not?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:05 am

I actually agree with going into the Milan game with a 3 man backline.

As for the 4-2-3-1 regarding Barca, my thoughts are well documented on it. I don't agree. Dani hits a big point with Iniesta being on the left. Same problem different formation.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 am

3 man backline can only work when both Alves and Alba play as wingbacks à la Juventus. 3 man backline with 3 CBs and a diamond of 4 CMs however (Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta-Fabregas - how it was played last season) kills all kind of vertical movement. You're just suffocating space even more for yourself and become even more vulnerable at the back. 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4 is much better.

Villa
Tello Messi Alexis
Song Busquets
Alba Puyol Pique Alves

Ideally you'd have better players on the wings but meh, what can you do? Maybe drop Alexis, push Messi on the RW and Fabregas behind Villa which is his main position anyway (right behind the striker).

Villa
Tello Fabregas Messi
Song Busquets
Alba Puyol Pique Alves

This also allows the fullbacks to bomb forward without getting a bad consciousness. With 2 DMs there is enough cover. Basically you have 6 very direct attacking players on the pitch without losing the defensive balance at all. In attack mode (4-1-4-1):

Villa
Tello Cesc Messi Alves
Song
Alba Puyol Busquets Pique

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 am

what about the Rijkaard system?

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:06 am

Wasn't Rijkaard's system basically a 4-3-3? Well, with the difference that we actually had a striker and not a false 9?

---------------Valdes------------
Belletti--Puyol--Oleguer--Gio
--------------Marquez-----------
--------Xavi------------Deco----
Giuly----------Eto'o-------Ronaldinho

As far as I can remember this was the 2004-2005 formation. Probably Deco was playin more of a Real Madrid Ozil role and was pushed a bit further up the pitch than Xavi, but it was kind of the same system
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Stormer77 wrote:what about the Rijkaard system?

As I said in the other thread, its the same system only our current version is vastly improved.

Oh and I dont agree about 3 at the back and there not being space, movement etc etc

If there is not movement, its because the players are not moving. Fundementally there is nothing wrong with the formation at all.

The only one flaw we have with it is there are no overlaps, which is why you really require wing players who can play in the 1 v 1.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:

The only one flaw we have with it is there are no overlaps, which is why you really require wing players who can play in the 1 v 1.

This wing players really is the key. See how well Juventus have been playing the 3-5-2 for example.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Personally a big fan of 3-5-2 but for a team with such technically gifted players and fantastic workrate such as Barcelona, it'll have to be 4-3-3.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Don't see it working. A midfield of Busquets, Song, and Messi would not be able to retain possession (especially as if it would essentially be a 2 man midfield, however deep Messi drops he will still play like a forward) which would mean changing our style.

The 3-3-1-3 can definitely work although our previous experiences with a 3 man backline were not too encouraging. We could play a 3 man backline with more stability under a 3-5-2. With a hypothetical tall CF, Alba and Alves playing WB and we would still retain a strong midfield presence. That being said it might not be worth playing with one less forward, although judging on Pedro's and Alexis' season some might choose to see this as playing with one more player than normally Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum