Edin Dzeko

3 posters

Go down

Edin Dzeko Empty Edin Dzeko

Post by marottalad Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:30 am

he's rumoured to be leaving city this summer, we should make a move for him llorente and him up front could work if not vucinic-dzeko with matri-llorente as back up what do u guys think?. we could afford him if we sell giovinco and or qualigarella, i think we still have melo on loan so we should fetch 5-8 million for that transfer.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Edin Dzeko Empty Re: Edin Dzeko

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:17 am

I don't think that'd work, not enough creativity upfront, and it doesn't make up for it with pace or dribbling either.

And even though Matri had a horrible loss of form for a while he's back to his old best which is in my opinion better than Dzeko has been for a long time.

If I was Marotta (I know the transfer market is difficult to operate in) I would sell Giovinco, not renew Bendtner and probably leave Anelka too. Then we'd have Matri, Llorente, Quags and Vucinic. Iaquinta will be gone by then.

Then with the very solid amount of money from the CL, stadium, selling of Giovinco etc I would buy whichever quality striker is available for up to 25M, I would probably not renew Isla, I know he's had his problems but even with an injury there's no excuse for a wideman constantly failing to get a cross in.

I'm not a pro, never played as a winger in my life but I can still cut back and at least trick a full back into leaving enough space to allow me to cross.

I would also sell PDC, and spend a few million on a LWB who can deputise for Asamoah. Peluso can be 3rd choice as well as a CB back up. Melo as you said could fetch a good few million.

Ideally I would buy a Vice-Pirlo, who will accept he is indeed a backup for a couple of seasons more. Perhaps Obiang, Poli, Verratti (If he pushes to leave PsG) etc etc.

This would still leave us with a positive balance.

As a summary:

OUT

Giovinco
Bendtner
Anelka
Iaquinta
PDC
Melo
Isla

IN

One of several quality strikers. suarez, Jovetic etc. (The names have all been mentioned before this)

2nd choice LWB to compete with Asamoah. Maybe even try and replace him with Criscito.

A young Vice Pirlo who can hopefully step in when Pirlo retires.

With the number of players going out I would probably buy some emergency depth from mid-table serie A clubs. If the worst happens, we have experience to call upon from the bench.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:41 am

I don't think llorente was signed to be a backup. He's coming into the team and will have the highest wages of any player.

There's no such thing as a sure starter but llorente has to be one that juventus likes. I would push for a top SS like jovetic to play next to him.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down