No offence to any bayern fans at all

But i really dislike Neuer

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal support thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal support thread

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

The only thing Arsenal should've done better is... not concede 3 f*cking goals at home. That's all.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:No offence to any bayern fans at all

But i really dislike Neuer

RG Proud I've hated him since he moved away from Schalke. He's a big twat, can't believe he has so many fanboys.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Lex wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Especially when you can blatantly see how little Bayern seemed to care and considered the game over from the outsight.
Then they're either stupider than anyone thought or just disrespectful twats. They were one wrong offside call away from being out.

Agreed but even so when Arsenal saw this ( and they must have done) then that is the time to put them under real pressure.

This never happened and if it did you would have gone through.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:The only thing Arsenal should've done better is... not concede 3 f*cking goals at home. That's all.
With Vermaelen playing, we were lucky to lose by 3. He should start from the bench.

I agree RG, Neuer whats pussy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:After all the cr*p I've seen from Bayern the past few years I'm schocked that Bayern advanced after the 86th minute goal. Too many flashbacks.

Schweinsteiger needs to be in the team for Bayern to work, van Buyten is awful and Robben isn't clinical at all. If we play like this against a team like Madrid or even Dortmund we're gonna be out in the Quarters Sad

Hats off to Arsenal though, performance filled with heart and passion.

Schweini is really important. Man is a f*cking beast. Thankfully for you he's back but Martinez is out now Suspect

I still believe Bayern have a good chance of winning it, this performance was deceptive and all that crap.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:06 pm

We wouldn't have conceded 3 at home if Gibbs was fit. All 3 goals were directly and indirectly Vermaelen's fault

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Bayern wasting time. :facepalm:

Arteta at the end fouling twice and wasting that free kick. :facepalm:

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 pm

I think 3 things.

1. You must praise Arsenal's spirit. I agree with mole, they didnt do much from what I saw (or highlights from what I missed) other than the goals and a Gervinho chance, but none the less it would of been easier for them to just lay down and die.

2. Bayern were in a tough situation. When the tie is "over" how do you play? For a team that wants to control the game its not easy, you have to play at an intensity that is hard to react.

3. However, it shows Bayern have a softness about them. I really believe in that. As I said, its hard to play in that situation, I understand if they dont sparkle, but they were very close from throwing it away. You have to be ruthless in these situation, bore your way to a 0-0 draw if you have to. If Arsenal were a team with more quality, they would be out with a performance of that standard.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Lex wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Especially when you can blatantly see how little Bayern seemed to care and considered the game over from the outsight.
Then they're either stupider than anyone thought or just disrespectful twats. They were one wrong offside call away from being out.

Agreed but even so when Arsenal saw this ( and they must have done) then that is the time to put them under real pressure.

This never happened and if it did you would have gone through.
We had 9 men behind the ball, absorbing punishment and Giroud was left isolated up top. Once Gervinho and the Ox came on, we started pressurizing them more and creating chances. The massacre in Islington is what won Bayern the tie
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm pretty sure most of the Arsenal fans on this site know my dislike for Arsenal, but great game. I hate to see the only team who actually went out to play a football game today have to lose in the end.

Shameful display from Bayern. I can honestly say I've never seen anything close to that from them. Even when Bayern have had bad games they always go out there to play football, I don't know what that was today but I can't say it looked anything like football from Bayern. They looked like an Italian team on full cheat mode.

And don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I'm taking nothing away from Arsenal, they basically slapped Bayern in the face challenged them to a fight and Bayern ran away scared.

And I don't want to hear that Bayern were missing players, so were Arsenal.

Sorry for you gunner fans. That second half must have been brutal to watch with all the time wasting tactics. I gained a little respect for Arsenal and lost a lot of respect for Bayern. I know Bayern had a job to do and technically they did it but that can't be something to be proud of. And you could tell because the crowd had no clue how to act they were just kind of stunned at what they were seeing.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Oh and as an Arsenal fan of sorts, I hope Wenger doesnt allow this performance to gloss over the flaws in the side. They still exist and must be fixed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 pm

what did neuer do

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Neuer picked the ball up and started wasting time. :facepalm:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 pm

I will agree with Mole actually that we rode our luck quite a bit in that first half - our defence was outstanding and kept their attacks restricted to long-range efforts, but they still got so many of them due to a real lack of cohesion in our midfield. Even in the second half when we grew more into the game, our midfield didn't really gel and there were a lot of misplaced passes from lack of understanding, which made most of our offensive play short-lived and often uneffective. If only Wilshere wasn't injured hmm

The better team is still through to the next round, though, even if I am proud of the way the boys restored some respect to the club.

Last edited by Eman on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:I'm pretty sure most of the Arsenal fans on this site know my dislike for Arsenal, but great game. I hate to see the only team who actually went out to play a football game today have to lose in the end.

Shameful display from Bayern. I can honestly say I've never seen anything close to that from them. Even when Bayern have had bad games they always go out there to play football, I don't know what that was today but I can't say it looked anything like football from Bayern. They looked like an Italian team on full cheat mode.

And don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I'm taking nothing away from Arsenal, they basically slapped Bayern in the face challenged them to a fight and Bayern ran away scared.

Sorry for you gunner fans. That second half must have been brutal to watch with all the time wasting tactics. I gained a little respect for Arsenal and lost a lot of respect for Bayern. I know Bayern had a job to do and technically they did it but that can't be something to be proud of. And you could tell because the crowd had no clue how to act they were just kind of stunned at what they were seeing.

Meh, Bayern had to do what was needed to win. If that includes time wasting, then so be it. That said, it was an awful performance but it just shows how great Schweinsteiger really is. He is everything for Bayern Munich and the team doesn't work without him.

Other teams do what it takes to win games whether its playing the role of parking the bus or holding every player on a corner, it's not just Bayern. sometimes anti-football has to be used and even though it is painful to watch, it works.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Why is it that, when every other team sits back and scores on the counter/from set-pieces and win, it's tactical genius, but when we do it, it's because Bayern didn't care scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Despite all this i should say that Arsenal fans should be proud of the teams performance and the fact Vermealen can be actually dropped Laughing

Hopefully for your sakes you don't perform like scrubs against Swansea as i'd rather watch you on Tuesday/Wednesday than Spurs or Chelsea Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

I think The Franchise is on point with his analysis.
And i also think that , like always, people read a little too much into just one match without the proper context. Bayern are in a similar spot to Barca, running away with the league and - in their minds- alomst in the cl quarters. The result is that they start lacking in concentration and killer instinct. They also had mediocre showings in the BuLi in the last two games against relegation sides. The question is: will they learn from this, and will they be able to turn it up again...
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think 3 things.

1. You must praise Arsenal's spirit. I agree with mole, they didnt do much from what I saw (or highlights from what I missed) other than the goals and a Gervinho chance, but none the less it would of been easier for them to just lay down and die.

2. Bayern were in a tough situation. When the tie is "over" how do you play? For a team that wants to control the game its not easy, you have to play at an intensity that is hard to react.

3. However, it shows Bayern have a softness about them. I really believe in that. As I said, its hard to play in that situation, I understand if they dont sparkle, but they were very close from throwing it away. You have to be ruthless in these situation, bore your way to a 0-0 draw if you have to. If Arsenal were a team with more quality, they would be out with a performance of that standard.

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Can't find the original quote so i'll just say it, i agree Dani Thumbs up

Amazing how you can get so much right while watching the Porto game Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:24 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:arsenal to win 3-0

oh wait girourd is starting I take that back then

What a jinx. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Despite all this i should say that Arsenal fans should be proud of the teams performance and the fact Vermealen can be actually dropped Laughing

For me the this was the best news tonight banana
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:I'm pretty sure most of the Arsenal fans on this site know my dislike for Arsenal, but great game. I hate to see the only team who actually went out to play a football game today have to lose in the end.

Meh, Bayern had to do what was needed to win. If that includes time wasting, then so be it. That said, it was an awful performance but it just shows how great Schweinsteiger really is. He is everything for Bayern Munich and the team doesn't work without him.

Other teams do what it takes to win games whether its playing the role of parking the bus or holding every player on a corner, it's not just Bayern. sometimes anti-football has to be used and even though it is painful to watch, it works.

I can honestly say I've never seen Bayern go out and play "anti-football" and I have watched football for a very very long time.

It's the reason I have always admired the club, hell I'm part German so I actually usually want to see them win especially today as I don't even like Arsenal.

In the past when they faced a superior team they would go out play football and let the chips fall where they may. See the ass kicking Barca gave them in the a couple years ago in the CL. They knew playing Barca straight up probably wasn't the smartest tactic but it's how they play.

Not to mention they were much more talented then the Arsenal team they faced today that's what makes it even worse.

It was shameful and if I was an Arsenal player I would have been about ready to fight them at the end too. There performance bordered on disrespectful to the game and Arsenal. I mean Arsenal wanted them to have a bad game but I'm sure this bothered them.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Koscielny, I am becoming a big fan of him every time i see him, his aggression, tacking, intelligence to read the game Arsenal support thread - Page 5 1499845164

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Koscielny, I am becoming a big fan of him every time i see him, his aggression, tacking, intelligence to read the game Arsenal support thread - Page 5 1499845164

If he doesn't start against Swansea, I almost want him to go somewhere where they really appreciate him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next