Pirlo or Xavi: who's better this season?

+6
FennecFox7
lszanto
The Sanchez
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Casciavit
The Nature Boy
10 posters

Go down

Pirlo or Xavi: who's better this season? Empty Pirlo or Xavi: who's better this season?

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:03 pm

hmm

Stats say its dead even. Pirlo and Xavi both have 5 goals and 5 assists in league play. In the CL pirlo has 3 assists, and 74% pass completion while xavi has 4 assists and 89% completed passes...

this one is tough to call. I think both have fallen off form from last season, especially Pirlo, but that was because he was an absolute revelation last season. I think its pretty even. What do u think?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Pirlo or Xavi: who's better this season? Empty Re: Pirlo or Xavi: who's better this season?

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:12 pm

According to whoscored, Pirlo has been better :coffee:

All kidding aside, it will be hard to judge unless we have a poster who watches Juventus and Barcelona frequently. Otherwise it will just be Juve fans vs Barca fans.

From what I've seen, I think Pirlo has performed better so far this season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Pirlo or Xavi: who's better this season? Empty Re: Pirlo or Xavi: who's better this season?

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:14 pm

I watch any barca game I can. I watch every Juve game full stop. I would love to be a blatant fanboy, but this one is really close..

Im not asking this question to troll, I'm legitimately perplexed No
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:16 pm

From what i have seen this season i'm going for Xavi i think he has been more consistent and performed to a higher level at times.

Iniesta and Marchisio have been better than both though IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Iniesta and march have been better (what a thread that would be :brickwall: )

Pirlo has definitely fallen off some. He was playing at a ridiculously high level. I think that his dip in form has been completely erased though by Marchisio and Vidal playing like men possessed.

Xavi IMO has not been at his best either TBF, but IMO it goes hardly noticed since the team is so insane.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:21 pm

In the OP, you mentioned Pirlos pass accuracy in the CL.

Before any poster makes a comment about it, I just want to put it out that Juve like to play defensive and break on the counter in the CL. Pirlo is somewhat forced to play more long balls then per usual.

So please don't use that as a telling point to who's better, and that Pirlo loses the ball and is a liability to his team like that. Because I have a feeling some posters will say that, especially the ''new'' posters. :facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:Iniesta and march have been better (what a thread that would be :brickwall: )

Pirlo has definitely fallen off some. He was playing at a ridiculously high level. I think that his dip in form has been completely erased though by Marchisio and Vidal playing like men possessed.

Xavi IMO has not been at his best either TBF, but IMO it goes hardly noticed since the team is so insane.

Agree with that as for the Iniesta and Marchisio thing you know as well as i do as good as Marchisio is that thread would be a waste of your time and efforts Laughing

I can see the responses now rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:From what i have seen this season i'm going for Xavi i think he has been more consistent and performed to a higher level at times.

I don't disagree with your opinion Mole, but can you go deeper in that sentence that I highlighted in red? Because I think that is questionable imo.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Casciavit wrote:In the OP, you mentioned Pirlos pass accuracy in the CL.

Before any poster makes a comment about it, I just want to put it out that Juve like to play defensive and break on the counter in the CL. Pirlo is somewhat forced to play more long balls then per usual.

So please don't use that as a telling point to who's better, and that Pirlo loses the ball and is a liability to his team like that. Because I have a feeling some posters will say that, especially the ''new'' posters. :facepalm:

Fair point. Xavi has also attempted almost 400 more passes.

Your right about the Juve style, and this is especially true in the CL just watch the first leg of Celtic v Juve.

One thing is true though that I think Pirlo out of the side would effect Juve more than Barca having Xavi out of the side.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:From what i have seen this season i'm going for Xavi i think he has been more consistent and performed to a higher level at times.

I don't disagree with your opinion Mole, but can you go deeper in that sentence that I highlighted in red? Because I think that is questionable imo.

That performance against Milan where he basically ran the show, has Pirlo or any midfielder performed to that level this season?

Just an example, i do think he's had dips in form which is only natural for him and Pirlo at their age.

But at this best in my opinion he's performed better, but it is close.

They have both have been poor at times too.... Juve 3-1 defeat to Inter and Barca's 2-0 defeat to Milan spring to mind.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Haven't seen much of Pirlo apart from CL so I won't comment. :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I don't really watch juve much(aside from the few CL games) but Xavi has been really hit and miss when I watch him. He's either sensational or poor. In one of the classicos(I forget which one) it was like he wasn't even on the pitch. Other time he's been awesome.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:47 pm

Xavi.. there was a thread on this already

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:08 am

lszanto wrote:I don't really watch juve much(aside from the few CL games) but Xavi has been really hit and miss when I watch him. He's either sensational or poor. In one of the classicos(I forget which one) it was like he wasn't even on the pitch. Other time he's been awesome.

Pretty much when Tito left apart from two games Xavi has been poor under the clueless guidance of Roura...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunatic Fringe Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 am

xavi has had a below par season by his standards, even then so has pirlo imo. last season was pirlo's best since 2003? 2004? it will be difficult to emulate those standards. i'd say its even.

Lunatic Fringe
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 am

Casciavit wrote:According to whoscored, Pirlo has been better :coffee:

have to point out it's not even close on whoscored: Pirlo 7.89, Xavi 7.24.

I'd go for Pirlo. Haven't seen much of Barca this season (maybe 5-6 games) but i haven't been too impressed with xavi. However, have to admit much of that is because of the waste of space called Fabregas on his left disrupting the xaviesta combo and stuffing up the team's formation in general. But that's another story...

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:47 am

juve played different last season and thats why pirlo's form has fallen, last season pirlo was thought to be a flop by others and he was a superb player in the top 5 in the world (knowing his age) but this season pirlo is being double marked and i dont doubt his class because there is no player that can put pirlo under pressure. and dont forget that pirlo was the third player who ran more in the champions league group stage.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:12 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:xavi has had a below par season by his standards, even then so has pirlo imo. last season was pirlo's best since 2003? 2004? it will be difficult to emulate those standards. i'd say its even.

Pirlo's peak was between 2004-2007. He isn't better than he was back then.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum