Can Serie A (and possibly La Liga?) manage to stay competitive in the long-run?

+20
Doc
Adit
The_Badger
cyberman
rwo power
Art Morte
marottalad
S
Bellabong
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eivindo
BarrileteCosmico
EL Patron
Kaladin
The Franchise
RealGunner
flameas
Onyx
Swanhends
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Can Serie A (and possibly La Liga?) manage to stay competitive in the long-run? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Serie A (and possibly La Liga?) manage to stay competitive in the long-run?

Post by cyberman Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm

la liga lost 5 out of their top 7 lge scorers or something stupid, with ronaldo on his way out..
but theyre getting bale....lol

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Can Serie A (and possibly La Liga?) manage to stay competitive in the long-run? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Serie A (and possibly La Liga?) manage to stay competitive in the long-run?

Post by S Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:The stadium thing I never fully get.

I mean, spend a ton of money to build a new stadium...okay, but how many more fans will that bring..I dont know if it would be that much..I guess it would then maybe hold more events like the CL final which brings money too but yeah, I am not sure how many more fans it would really bring.

And even if it did bring some more fans, you cant actually spend any money now so they are going to come and watch the same medicore players they saw last year? I dont know.

Improving the area in and around the stadium.Museums,Hotels etc.Last time i read,Madrid earn 15m from Stadium tours alone every year.
And the SKY boxes which have been already mentioned.Not to mention money from the naming rights and other sponsorship deals.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 pm

rwo power wrote:@Surag

I think you can scratch Ligue1 off your list. With the new tax laws in France (75% tax on income > 1 mio Euros), high wages are just not really sustainable for the clubs anymore, oil money or not.

Seems like i am right ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:51 pm

One of Serie A's biggest challenges is overcoming the violent and racist fans that plague the sport in Italy. There's no place for racism and hooliganism in football.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 pm

The_Badger wrote:One of Serie A's biggest challenges is overcoming the violent and racist fans that plague the sport in Italy. There's no place for racism and hooliganism in football.

Very much agreed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:27 am

bump

I think la liga going for collective tv deal will make it alot more strong in the future. with their already good youth systems and scouting this was the final step in the right direction.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:13 am

I remember this thread.

Back then, i really thought Serie A would be dead and buried after Monaco's huge splash in the market.But it seems Serie A will maintain its status quo for the next few yrs.

We're in 2016 now and as a league,i dont think it has particularly declined nor has it shown a significant improvement.Its been there or thereabouts.

And the league still has the second best domestic TV deal,obviously way behind the EPL but way ahead of the La Liga.Serie A is at €943m a yr and La Liga is at €633m a yr.
Seeing how stupid English clubs are in the market who are always carrying the weight of expectations from fans to sign 50-60m players each year,i dont particularly see a big threat for both La Liga as a whole and Serie A to stay competitive in the future.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:15 pm

You and no body in this forum knew about La Ligas new TV deal I suppose. It's posted on the Madrid board. La Liga now has the second best deal.LA Liga went collective and its now 1500mill euro per year from next season onwards.

Last edited by Adit on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Adit wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2015/12/05/1-6b-worth-of-tv-deals-good-news-for-real-madrid-barcelona-and-la-liga/

Huge and important deal. Surprised nobody in this entire forum mentioned it.

So new TV deal agreed. Domestic rights of about 2.65 bill euro for 3 years (900 mill per season) and 600 mill euro per season international rights. Total amounts to about 1500 mill euro per year.

It is said that bottom half relegation teams will receive about 36 mill....around 10th will get around 55 , 5 the place will get around 70...4th and 3rd close to 95. 1st and 2nd will get the same as they are getting now, around 140.

That was me doing mathematics. Lol.

This is another more legit one.

Can Serie A (and possibly La Liga?) manage to stay competitive in the long-run? - Page 3 CV8KrIMWsAAHQXu
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Compared to this that's pretty good:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wsmxAQJo2VQ/UID7MCJw29I/AAAAAAAAGeM/RKtLrOLtcvs/s1600/15+RMB+TV.jpg

The bottom 10 teams will actually see their tv revenue increase 3x
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:45 pm

They already took the initiative and made TV deal kind of collective this season(15/16). Which explains the 968 mill total reported on that image this season.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Adit wrote:You and no body in this forum knew about La Ligas new TV deal I suppose. It's posted on the Madrid board. La Liga now has the second best deal.LA Liga went collective and its now 1500mill euro per year from next season onwards.

I said Serie A has the 2nd biggest domestic TV deal and i am right.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:54 pm

S wrote:
Adit wrote:You and no body in this forum knew about La Ligas new TV deal I suppose. It's posted on the Madrid board. La Liga now has the second best deal.LA Liga went collective and its now 1500mill euro per year from next season onwards.

S wrote:

I didn't dispute it. You seems to not address the new LA Liga deal which I guess you weren't v aware of.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Rayo could really do with that hot cash since they always seem to be in some sort of non payment of salary dispute. Let's hope the club management actually doesn't mess things up like in the past.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Surag posting lies to win arguments, nothing new :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Vibe wrote:Surag posting lies to win arguments, nothing new :coffee:

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/story/1916857/serie-a-clubs-agree-new-tv-rights-deal

domestic deal

http://www.football-italia.net/57488/foreign-tv-rights-boost-serie

global rights which is way lesser
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:19 pm

Does anyone actually have an official source for La Ligas tv distribution or are these all just speculations?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:40 pm

EPL is going to become the NBA of football.

More interesting question is which league is going to become the Euro League Basketball lol? My bet is on La Liga.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:46 pm

jibers wrote:Does anyone actually have an official source for La Ligas tv distribution or are these all just speculations?
I don't have anything official but the number I see thrown around spanish media is 1500 including domesting and int. So the chart above looks accurate to me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
jibers wrote:Does anyone actually have an official source for La Ligas tv distribution or are these all just speculations?
I don't have anything official but the number I see thrown around spanish media is 1500 including domesting and int. So the chart above looks accurate to me.

Ah alright. Thanks
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Adit wrote:
Adit wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2015/12/05/1-6b-worth-of-tv-deals-good-news-for-real-madrid-barcelona-and-la-liga/

Huge and important deal. Surprised nobody in this entire forum mentioned it.

So new TV deal agreed. Domestic rights of about 2.65 bill euro for 3 years (900 mill per season) and 600 mill euro per season international rights. Total amounts to about 1500 mill euro per year.

It is said that bottom half relegation teams will receive about 36 mill....around 10th will get around 55 , 5 the place will get around 70...4th and 3rd close to 95. 1st and 2nd will get the same as they are getting now, around 140.

That was me doing mathematics. Lol.

This is another more legit one.

Can Serie A (and possibly La Liga?) manage to stay competitive in the long-run? - Page 3 CV8KrIMWsAAHQXu

I read a few articles and out of that €1.5b,10% will be raised for 2nd division clubs.

And that graphic clearly shows a total of €1.3b(at the bottom) for La Liga clubs.The rest is for 2nd division.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/la-liga-agrees-three-2-65-billion-euro-200734282--sow.html
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:48 pm

La Liga-€1.3b per yr

Serie A-€1.12b per yr

EPL on the other hand :

€3.5b per yr Laughing

(€1.3b per yr from International rights and €2.2b per yr from domestic deal)

And people here are talking about Madrid and Barca buying EPL's best players lol.Not gonna happen this time round.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:55 pm

S wrote:La Liga-€1.3b per yr

Serie A-€1.12b per yr

EPL on the other hand :

€3.5b per yr Laughing

(€1.3b per yr from International rights and €2.2b per yr from domestic deal)

And people here are talking about Madrid and Barca buying EPL's best players lol.Not gonna happen this time round.

It depends. Most non-British players will prefer Barcelona or Real Madrid to Premier League clubs if the wage is the same. Especially South American or Southern European players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Did you see the chart? Barca and Madrid are still upwards of 140m, more than any PL club, and have more merchandising than all of them except maybe United. They could still afford anyone they want from the PL.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Its not about affording them. 95% of the players in EPL would waste no time in playing for Barca/madrid. And both of those clubs can spend over 50m on one player

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Did you see the chart? Barca and Madrid are still upwards of 140m, more than any PL club, and have more merchandising than all of them except maybe United. They could still afford anyone they want from the PL.

Not really, I mean, isn't Messi's salary slightly above £300k per week? And Rooney is reportedly on £300k per week. That's where it comes down to the player's preference.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next