Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto' Ref 'always said we talked to Inter' Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

4 posters

Go down

Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto'  Ref 'always said we talked to Inter'  Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title' Empty Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto' Ref 'always said we talked to Inter' Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:40 am

Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto'

President of the Coaches’ Association Renzo Ulivieri has called on Inter to “do the noble thing and hand back the 2006 Scudetto.”

The Nerazzurri were given the title, originally won by Juventus, during the Calciopoli trial, but they too have now been dragged into the scandal.

Although the FIGC report into new evidence of wire-tapped phone calls suggests Inter would be stripped of the title, the matter is now beyond the statute of limitations and therefore no action is likely to be taken.

“I hope Inter do the noble thing, use their common sense and generosity with regards to those events,” declared Ulivieri, President of the AIA.

“I think that if they voluntarily handed back the 2006 Scudetto, the Nerazzurri would gain a new level of respect and admiration.

“I don’t want to judge what the Federal Court should do about this, as it’s not my job.”

Ref 'always said we talked to Inter'

Ex-refereeing designator Paolo Bergamo insists nobody should be surprised by Inter’s wiretapped phone calls. “I always said I spoke to everyone.”

The Calciopoli scandal has been dragged up again by the latest FIGC report ruling that Nerazzurri chief Giacinto Facchetti had also regularly called the designators.

“There is absolutely nothing new for me in these revelations,” Bergamo told Calciomercato.it.

“From the very first day of the investigation in 2006 I always said that I spoke to everyone. Pierluigi Pairetto and I had a rapport with representatives of all the clubs.

“We spoke to find solutions to problems and avoid too much controversy in the newspapers, which is what the Federation had asked of us.

“However, something has to be made very clear: these phone calls were perfectly legal, so do not call them illegal or unsportsmanlike.

“I also always said phone calls with Inter were more frequent than other clubs because they were not very successful at the time. They didn’t get results and complained about the refereeing.

“I am proud of the work we did.”

Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Luciano Spalletti believes Roma deserve the 2006 Scudetto, now that Inter have also been dragged into the Calciopoli scandal.

The 2005-06 title was stripped from Juventus and handed to the Nerazzurri, who had finished third behind Milan.

“I think Roma deserved better at that time and did good work with me, before me and I hope will do in future,” declared Spalletti.

“It’s a shame for the Giallorossi fans, who did not reap the rewards of what they had sowed.”

Roma had finished the 2005-06 campaign in fifth place, but were bumped up to second due to the other teams docked points in the Calciopoli scandal.

Had Inter also been docked points or even demoted, Roma would’ve finished top of the table.

Spalletti was also named in the latest FIGC report for phone conversations with then-designator Paolo Bergamo when he was still at the helm of Udinese.

“I haven’t read the report, but that intercepted phone call was one I received and not a call I made, even if media snipers tried to imply it was.”
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto'  Ref 'always said we talked to Inter'  Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title' Empty Re: Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto' Ref 'always said we talked to Inter' Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:42 am

Is the title actually going to somebody ? It was rumoured that it was just going to be a blank year for Italian football.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto'  Ref 'always said we talked to Inter'  Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title' Empty Re: Ulivieri: 'Inter should hand back Scudetto' Ref 'always said we talked to Inter' Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Is the title actually going to somebody ? It was rumoured that it was just going to be a blank year for Italian football.

Will be blank just the same as 2005.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:37 am

Good then, remove it from Inter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:59 am

“However, something has to be made very clear: these phone calls were perfectly legal, so do not call them illegal or unsportsmanlike.

So he's saying we're innocent...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 am

VibeTribe wrote:

So he's saying we're innocent...

He's saying Inter did exactly that same as what Juve and Milan were punished for.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:44 am

Milan: 18
Inter: 17

cheers
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:51 am

milanista99 wrote:Milan: 18
Inter: 17

cheers

Twisted Evil
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down