West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four

+17
TalkingReckless
julias
the xcx
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
MJ
Chumlum
Wilson37
mani88
urbaNRoots
Sina
RealGunner
EL Patron
Rev
Eman
REWB
Jay29
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four

Post by MJ Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:11 am

That would be the most misleading finish of all time Laughing

And City would really have to bottle it. The only matches I can see them losing out of their remaining ones would be away to United, away to Spurs (which wouldn't help us unless we're above them at that point, which would mean it wouldn't matter) and maybe away to Swansea.

But other than United and Spurs their fixtures are seemingly straightforward. That includes Wigan of course, bottom teams aren't easy.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four - Page 2 Empty Re: West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:23 am

Omg that 15m was the longest football match I have ever watched, and why on earth we could not hold a ball. We should be still dominating these mid table teams with a man down, I am glad we won but it was kinda sad seeing the way we played.

Rosicky, Kosc and Fabianski played great, Rosicky has picked up where he left off last year same time. We need Jack back, and what does Ramsey has to do to score a goal? Laughing

Glad we got all 3 points, and hope for the Spuds and Chelsea to drop points. We still have some tough games and any help we can get we'll take it.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:50 am

West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four - Page 2 I43dhmm54HmxX
West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four - Page 2 123n7r
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:46 am

Sina wrote:West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four - Page 2 I43dhmm54HmxX
West Bromwich Albion 1 - 2 Arsenal: Arsenal cling on to precious three points to go into the top four - Page 2 123n7r
Innovative defending :bow:

And I have been saying how Rosicky should be our first-choice AM for a while now :coffee:, although I don't agree with Cazorla being better on the wings. Cazorla needs to play given his quality and Rosicky should be the AM so the wings might be the only place to play Cazorla with Rosicky, but ideally they would both have some sort of influence in a central position. I guess as long as Cazorla is given the freedom to roam inside, they can both do their thing, although keeping Cazorla on the left limits Poldi's appearances. Oh well, I won't complain about depth!
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:14 am

Rosicky was good but I didn't think he was particularly outstanding today like some are suggesting. As far as general play goes, he played as well as Arteta and Ramsey.

I've said it before, but Rosicky simply can't play that many games anymore because injuries have taken their tole on his body. I actually have a theory that he's coming into form around this time purely because he hasn't played as many games as everybody else and is therefore fresher, if fragile.

That's not to undermine Rosicky, but it's something to bare in mind when you start comparing his performances to the likes of Cazorla who's played 30-40 games by this point.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:20 am

Agreed.

Particularly really impressed with Ramsey's form atm (despite that miss). And Cazorla's return of form.

Rosicky was MOTM indeed and should be a starter from now but the importance of other midfielders shouldn't go unnoticed.

Arteta in the last 20 minutes was absolutely amazing. We would have conceded another goal if it wasn't for his leadership and experience.

PS: Does anyone actually think Vermaelen has been stripped off the captaincy ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:42 am

I dont usually bet on Arsenal but when I do I always win hmm
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:21 am

love Rosicky Proud
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:30 am

Is it seems like to me that Rosicky and Ramsey the are only two mid in our team that are willing to make runs inside the box.

Jack, Santi and Arteta mainly try to stay outside the box and not make those dangerous runs in the box.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:08 pm

It pains me to say it but these are the kinds of games that keep Arsenal in the top 4 every year and Tottenham out of the top 4.

You just know if in the second half that was Tottenham, the Spurs would have threw it away.

You guys. So lucky Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:50 pm

True about Ramsey.. How many times we see him making beautiful runs into the box.. But almost always he fails to finish them off..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Wilson37 wrote:True about Ramsey.. How many times we see him making beautiful runs into the box.. But almost always he fails to finish them off..

he needs to stop taking a touch when inside, instead just shoot it
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Ramsey has a very strong shot, he should try to shoot more from distance. But not too much Razz

2-3 shots per game from distance would be enough, he nearly scored yesterday when he tried Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Legend wrote:Is it seems like to me that Rosicky and Ramsey the are only two mid in our team that are willing to make runs inside the box.

Jack, Santi and Arteta mainly try to stay outside the box and not make those dangerous runs in the box.

Poor man's Marchisio :p

Having said that if he could finish a fair few of those and perhaps hitting them more often when he's in and around the area he would have added a very potent quality to his overall game.
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:11 am

Massive 3 points. 7 wins in last 9 league games. 11 wins in last 16 league games. Real momentum now.

Walcott & Wilshere back on Saturday (hopefully) too. We look in good shape. The one game a week schedule really benefits us as Chelsea/Spurs continue their Europa League participation.

Shout out to Rosicky, Gervinho and even Vermaelen who did well he came on.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:01 am

Dat chest set up for dat volley from rosicky for the 2nd goal :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum