Gameiro lets loose

3 posters

Go down

Gameiro lets loose Empty Gameiro lets loose

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:59 pm

About his early exit: "It's always like that. But now, i don't give give a shat anymore."

That's #3 ostracized and unhappy french player. Menez and Sakho are already in the club lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Gameiro lets loose Empty Re: Gameiro lets loose

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:35 pm

I asked this in the Spurs section, but it's probably more helpful to ask here.

How good is Gameiro? I don't watch PSG and it seems he hasn't played much anyway. Is Gameiro good enough to start for a club like Tottenham (let's say they're in the CL next season for good measure as well) and bang in 20+ a season?

Can he play up front alone?

And lastly, how much would an unsettled Gameiro cost?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Not sure about his level tbh. He seemed like a very good CF when playing for Lorient back-to-back 17 and 22 goal seasons at the ages of 22 and 23. But he's been benched at PSG mostly.

He's a poacher. He can't create his own shot and is average at creating for others. His strengths are: runs, workrate, scoring instinct and determination. He just won't give up.

Valencia wanted him badly and still do. Lille is trying to get him too. You also have Dortmund in the hunt with the departure of Lewa. He's only 25.

I don't think he has enough scope and technique to his game to play the lone striker role. But i do think he can be a very effective scorer if given enough playing time. He's been wasted at PSG imo. His first year, Nene, Pastore and Menez were too selfish. Ibra came in this year...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Interesting. To be honest, while I'm not a fan of a player who can't create much for others, if he can finish I wouldn't mind getting him. Ade and Defoe are both dire at finishing and Gameiro would have plenty of service with the likes of Bale, Lennon, Holtby, and Dembele behind him.

That being said I think Tottenham should look elsewhere, and the Spurs haven't been linked with him, so I'm not sure Spurs even are looking at him. If what you say about him being a poacher and not being able to create for others is true, then I'm not sure AVB will be interested.

That being said I think he's worth a look, can't be any worse than what Tottenham have right now.

Any idea of how much he would cost?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:10 pm

PSG paid 11 mil euros + bonuses. My guess is that it will take that to get him. Not very expensive at all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:27 am

CBarca wrote:Interesting. To be honest, while I'm not a fan of a player who can't create much for others, if he can finish I wouldn't mind getting him. Ade and Defoe are both dire at finishing and Gameiro would have plenty of service with the likes of Bale, Lennon, Holtby, and Dembele behind him.

That being said I think Tottenham should look elsewhere, and the Spurs haven't been linked with him, so I'm not sure Spurs even are looking at him. If what you say about him being a poacher and not being able to create for others is true, then I'm not sure AVB will be interested.

That being said I think he's worth a look, can't be any worse than what Tottenham have right now.

Any idea of how much he would cost?

Are Spurs interested in Benteke or Rémy ? i believe these 2 gus would fit in
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:10 am

Tottenham have historically been linked to Remy in the past, and I've seen him linked recently (here you go), but I think interest is still higher in long term targets like Damiao. And Benteke is linked to everybody soo...I haven't seen much linking him to Tottenham. I'm not the expert here though, I spend most of my reading time reading about Barca, not Tottenham.

That being said, this thread isn't about Tottenham, I simply wanted to ask for some information on Gameiro.

Thanks Sports
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down