rwo power
Zealous
urbaNRoots
schrutebucks
Gil
29 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Schürrle to Chelsea, de Bruyne to ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schürrle to Chelsea, de Bruyne to ??

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Gil wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:Kuba WC lol. Nearly died of laughter.

Good luck in naming 5 better wingers right now.

Valencia is probably WC too isn't he?

My sides Laughing

No one said he's a WC player though, WC winger was the term.

Learn to read.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Schürrle to Chelsea, de Bruyne to ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schürrle to Chelsea, de Bruyne to ??

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Valencia?? He's been the worst winger in Europe this season. Joke of a player

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:15 pm

you think kdb could not only break into dortmund's XI but be the central player? thats a good one. hes a good player but not dortmund good.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Kuba hasn't got the credit he deserves for Dortmund's successful exploits in the past 2-3 years. Ask any Dortmund or Bundesliga watcher, without him Dortmund look limp at times on the counter, impotent on the wide areas (Kuba sometimes ventures left) and less threatening than usual. With him its a completely different story as he defines and typifies Dortmund's lightning fast counters that sear through teams like butter. I don't see how he isn't a world class Winger/Wide AM. Natural use of two feet, excellent link-up as Goetze once said the play feels "dank" without him, shooting accuracy as any, excellent final ball, when in full stride runs like a locomotive, and of course a massive big game man.

Look at Dortmund without him during Malaga and Shaktar. Missing in the first leg, helps destroy them 3-0 in the 2nd. During Malaga Dortmund despite some awful finishing, don't look as good either.

Its the same criticism that comes after Hummels who can be questionable in defence sometimes yet is highly important to their attack with his Nesta-like passes that contribute to their counter-release. Subotic is a superb CB yet doesn't have that Hummels playmaking element.

Mole, BundesLegacy and others would attest to his and Hummels importance.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:27 pm

He most likely is important to Dortmund, however I think if they bought someone else then that player could make more of a difference.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:30 pm

i just hope chelsea knows who they are getting. schürrle has about the same worth as kdb, but as players they are very different. if chelsea thinks they established enough creativity in their team and rather wanna bolster their execution, then this is a legitimate transfer.

just don't pull a marin with him please and if you do, don't complain about mediocre bundesliga talent afterwards Wink
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:He most likely is important to Dortmund, however I think if they bought someone else then that player could make more of a difference.

That's a highly hypothetical and conjectured statement. But, who would you feel would make a more substantial difference then?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Excellent system player? Yes!

World Class player? No chance!

When I hear the phrase "World Class" I instantly think of Messi, Thiago Silva, Ibra, CR, Ribery, Gotze, Iniesta, Rooney, Pirlo etc

Kuba isn't in that class, sorry you're not convincing me otherwise.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:36 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:you think kdb could not only break into dortmund's XI but be the central player? thats a good one. hes a good player but not dortmund good.

You've probably never even seen him play lol bar 1/2 matches. Bore off.

Probably said the same about Gundogan after Sahin left. :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Gil wrote:Excellent system player? Yes!

World Class player? No chance!

When I hear the phrase "World Class" I instantly think of Messi, Thiago Silva, Ibra, CR, Ribery, Gotze, Iniesta, Rooney, Pirlo etc

Kuba isn't in that class, sorry you're not convincing me otherwise.

No one said he's a world class player though.... you need to learn to read.

Or stop twisting things to suit your argument which ever one it is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Dont take the bait No
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:43 pm

My main man Felipe Santana getting shafted in this thread Mad

May not be WC but how many 3rd choice CBs are playing better than him atm?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:43 pm

ProXima wrote:BVB paid 17,5m for Reus. Although they received a lot of money for CL, I doubt that they decided on purchase KDB.

Schurrle in Chelsea? Increasingly likely. No

Polish? Supporting a team from polish league? Welcome mate!

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
white_star wrote:
Lewandowski is a fit for Dortmund unless he leaves they won't buy a striker.

They do need to tbh, as you say Lewa is a fit for them but they need another striker.

When you look at Barca's options aside from Messi for CF, Madrid's aside from Benzema or Bayern's instead of Mandzukic.

If BVB want to compete they need to have competitive depth....

Unless the plan is to use Reus as a CF and buy De Bruyne for an extra AM so they can use Gotze, De Bruyne and Kuba behind him or even maybe Gotze as a false 9.

In any case they need some depth in key areas, first team aside from Schmelzer is as good as anything.

Yes depth I agree with but troll Gil believes Lewa should be replaced.

Arquitecto wrote:Schuerrle isn't overrated Gil.

He is a limited player in some aspects yet explosive when he is at full stride. Possess an excellent shot, crosses well, has a good final ball and generally is consistent. I don't see why you should be unhappy about this move.

And no KDB is nowhere near Kuba. Not even close considering how good Kuba is for Dortmund and Poland.

Thank you Thank you! Arq you are a smart man.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:He most likely is important to Dortmund, however I think if they bought someone else then that player could make more of a difference.

That's a highly hypothetical and conjectured statement. But, who would you feel would make a more substantial difference then?

Maybe someone like Gaitan, Schurrle, James Rodriguez, Alexis, Ben Arfa etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

eventhough bittencourt was used as at CAM/LM so far, he could possibly replace kuba some day. good kid
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Gaitan, Schuerrle and Alexis simply aren't on his level. Good players who would be capable in fitting in the system (kudos on that perception) yet wouldn't replicate what Kuba does for Dortmund nor his ability. Rodriguez is better central yet recently has been exposed for being overrated in some sorts, as Jackson Martinez would be a better shout at the moment. Only Ben Arfa would work just as well (on his day) although providing different assets to Kuba. Yet all of this is misinterpreted in thinking Kuba is merely a system player whereas it is far from that. Look at him for Poland and see how individually he is able to carry the team.

Lewandowski gets the same criticism as despite his inconsistent finishing, like Kuba he shows up for the big games (with his goals) is excellent in his link-up and leads the line superbly, the latter is something people forget to mention.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Do Dortmund need an AM with Gotze already there?

With Lewandowski leaving they'll need a forward and maybe a better RW than Blaszczykowski .

Mt you have to watch football if to want to be a fan. Don't Tak out of your ass or be Gil's lawyer. Kuba is one of the top Wingers right now. Please go and watch Somone a few games and then judge. Who are you even comparing him to?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Wtf? I am done with this thread this can't be real! Where do people come from that sit on their couch or in front of a computer and all of a sudden judge players because of you tube or what they read. Watch the sport!!!!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 pm

white_star wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Wtf? I am done with this thread this can't be real! Where do people come from that sit on their couch or in front of a computer and all of a sudden judge players because of you tube or what they read. Watch the sport!!!!!

I've watched them all play and I think any one of them are certainly capable of playing for Dortmund. I haven't said Blaszczykowski isn't a top winger, I just said there could better RW's than him.

I don't watch Dortmund every game, however I guess Blaszczykowski is one of those system players. A bit like Di Maria at Real Madrid, who does his defensive work, pressing etc. Basically more than just an attacker.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:17 pm

What does this 'system player' even mean? Is Kuba a 'system player' (and somehow a worse footballer than Schürrle, give me a break) just because he's a hard worker and not a lazy f*ck?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Basically if you are not a god in Fifa you are shit.

Ben Arfa better than Kuba Laughing

I watch the man every week and he's not even close.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:28 pm

For the last time, Kuba is far from a system player lol. System players are guys like Darren Fletcher, Grosskruetz, Ji Sung Park and the whole of Manchester United these days. Moving on... I think more people need to watch Dortmund more often as I'm a noob myself yet seeing stuff like Hummels importance, Kuba's effect through his absence, Reus' importance to cut in are obvious vital facets within the system Klopp has built over the years.

Ben Arfa gap isn't that benefit of the doubt can be given due to the two years difference between the two and that HBA has begun to improve since his injury recovery (which takes a long time).

Dortmund have other areas in which they need to address in order to mount a title chance for next season and for the UCL.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 pm

By 'system player' I didn't mean it in a negative way. I just meant he's important in terms of Dortmund's tactics. He offers something that basically makes the tactics work.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ProXima Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Kuba is very important for Dortmund, but for me he's at most very good player. Run, overtake, pass the ball, sometimes take a shoot, but nothing more - typical winger. Player which not go beyond the 'football boundaries'. Until recently he was footballer who was 'glued' to the line. For luck this has changed.

ProXima
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Gil wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:you think kdb could not only break into dortmund's XI but be the central player? thats a good one. hes a good player but not dortmund good.

You've probably never even seen him play lol bar 1/2 matches. Bore off.

Probably said the same about Gundogan after Sahin left. :facepalm:

I've definitely watched more Werder Bremen matches than you. You are a joke. Please go get an education before you address me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:47 pm

People, could you please cut the personal attacks? You can attack arguments, but please don't attack the persons stating them.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next