Doc
Art Morte
Mr Nick09
jibers
Arquitecto
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England - Page 2 Empty Re: Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 pm

The reason Sahin failed at Madrid ( and Liverpool for that matter although its a little different) was his lack of agility and defensive ability.

Sahin is static as a mofo, while Gundogan is more like Xavi in his playing style.

Not to mention Sahin NEVER impressed at CL/EL level while Gundogan has owned that bitch harder than Keiran Lee.

I'm very confident if he ever left Dortmund for pastures new he would be a success.

Spoiler:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England - Page 2 Empty Re: Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Sahin's ability wasn't the reason he failed at Real Madrid.

It was due to an injury and Mourinho not playing him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The reason Sahin failed at Madrid ( and Liverpool for that matter although its a little different) was his lack of agility and defensive ability.

Sahin is static as a mofo, while Gundogan is more like Xavi in his playing style.

[/spoiler]
yeah i think that's why mou went after Modric, he is a lot more dynamic. that being said, what did him in was mourinho losing confidence in him imo, it shattered him.

I know Madrid are looking at Gundogan for that Alonso replacement though. Pardo as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Every (german) Player wants to play for Barca or Madrid. The climate alone is reason enough. Smile
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Barcelona and Real Madrid don't need him.

The other clubs in Spain aren't good enough for him. In terms of the EPL, maybe Liverpool, however they're not in the CL.

Arsenal, they already have Wilshere, Cazorla and Arteta for midfield.

Man Utd have Carrick and Cleverley.

Chelsea maybe. He could play alongside Mikel.

Man City, he can be a replacement for Barry, if they want to replace him.

Spurs don't need him with Dembele already there.

We defo need him.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:Bid 6m + Arshavin ffs

I really want to know the origin of this Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Would be a bit stupid to sign for Barca or Madrid
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Would be the perfect player to take over from Xavi or Alonso, and would also been exactly what United needs. Hope he doesnt leave Dortmund for a while though. Then again, we saw what happenned to Gundogan when Sahin left, and the same thing could very well happen to Leitner is Gundogan leaves. Dortmunds youth academy is really producing some excellent taoents recently.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Well unless Gundogan gets injured/moves while he's injured and moves to a club that already has a top playmaker, then I'm sure what happened to Sahin won't happen to him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 pm

dunno why such a fuzz is made again and the translation hardly matters. when you're a player and some paper asks you a question you might as well give (an often obvious) answer. who wouldn't wanna play there?
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:43 pm

He's better than Sahin ever was, and has proven it at the highest level, for two years now.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 pm

well sahin got a bit screwed, but i cant really fault mourinho- it was no ones fault. when sahin played before and after his injury he played with very little confidence, particularly after his injury. he did well during the games he did play BUT he never took the risks and the long balls that brought him so much attention at dortmund.

sahin and gundogan are both fantastic players and both have lots of potential and could play at any top club. sahin's issue is confidence and mobility.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 pm

I get why it's so attractive to push for a move to play for Barca/Madrid but all these players who actively seek moves out knowing that unless they vastly improve they're going to be bench material that plays against scrubs have their priorities wrong.

Would it not be better to move to a big club who actually needed you?

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Or maybe and this might seem crazy.... stay at Dortmund?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 pm

That does sound crazy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:00 am

Dortmund are a good club, however the EPL and La Liga clubs are obviously better and are EPL/La Liga are better.

If Dortmund were in one those 2 leagues, then staying wouldn't be a bad idea.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:08 am

Staying at Dortmund would be the best move for him. Theyre an elite team thats gotten better each year for a while now and are only going to continue getting better for a long time. They might sell some players like Lewandowski but their youth academy is very good and theyre in a good financial position. I see them being an elite team for a long time to come.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 am

Clubs like Dortmund don't last long. Keep dreaming.

Klopp, Gotze, Reus etc will soon look for a new challenge.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am

I dont see Gotze and Reus going anywhere anytime soon. And they lasted long back in the 90's. Saying "clubs like them dont last long is just stupid". In fact, for pretty much the entire decade of the 90's, Dortmund was superior to Barcelona. Barcelonas histofy was really planted in the early 2000's. They were always a famous club that players wanted to play for, but they were never really a truly prestigious club on the level of Bayern, Real, Milan, etc until the 2000's. Chelsea too. Dortmund has a good past where theyve been an on-and-off top team, and i see no reason why they cant sustain being among the top now.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 am

Gil wrote:Clubs like Dortmund don't last long. Keep dreaming.

Actually, Dortmund finally have a good management since their almost-collapse in 2005. Kloppo will stay at least till 2016 as he repeatedly stated, and as long as Dortmund stays adequately successful, there will be little pressure on him.

He can develop young players as he likes and in the BL the (German) fans usually prefer young self-grown players to expensive big names, too, so people are usually excited when youngsters get playing time (My impression is that it is usually outside fans who demand expensive signings, while the fans here love their local players a lot.)

The relations between him and the Dortmund big wigs look exemplary, too, and the environment there is fine, as well, with a good academy, innovative technology (remember the Footbonaut?), great stadium and fans etc.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 am

Sign him up Roman. Proud

While you're at it, get Lewandowski too. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Lol wat? Barca barely existed before the late 90ies and Dortmund spent City-money back then (inflation adjusted, that is) - why wouldn't they last?
They got a 80k seat stadium they fill every week, they got one of the world's best coachs, they're in the UCL semi, all their best players are 23 and younger, they got a great offense, midfield, and defense, and are only like 3 bench players away from being just as deep as Utd, Barca etc, basically anyone but Bayern/City/Real.

Why the shit would anyone leave that club, besides a pay raise?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Dortmund are a good side, however I don't think they have the resources like other top teams do. They're not really an elite club like Real Madrid, Man Utd, Barca etc yet. At the end of the day I'm sure a player like Gotze wants to play in the EPL/La Liga.

A lot of their top players are constantly linked away from the club. If they were an elite club, I'm sure that wouldn't really happen.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:02 pm

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy though. If they just stayed put, it'd be an elite club.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:02 pm

juventus101 wrote:I dont see Gotze going anywhere anytime soon.

Asshole move yeah but I just had to rub it in bro Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum