Doc
Art Morte
Mr Nick09
jibers
Arquitecto
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England Empty Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 am

Ilkay Gundogan has revealed he would like to move to the Premier League or La Liga in future, but insists he is happy to extend his current deal with Borussia Dortmund for the time being.

The Germany international has been in fine form this season and was linked with Barcelona among a number of other teams earlier this year, but had earlier told Sport Bild that he was "100 per cent sure" he would remain with the club next season.

Although the 22-year-old has stressed he is keen to negotiate a new contract with the "incredible" Bundesliga outfit, he has made it clear that his dream would be to make a switch to England or Spain further into his career.

"My objective is to play in Spain or England," he told AS.

"Without a doubt I am happy here, but I have a plan for my career. I don't know what will happen in the future, but what I do know is I desire to play in one of these two countries. I like the style of Spanish football.

"I have a contract with Dortmund until 2015, and the club wants to renew. At the moment we're negotiating the deal, but there is still nothing clear."

Gundogan has developed into an important first team member at BVB since joining them from Nurnberg in the summer of 2011.

Perez? You listening? Rossell? Roman? Fergie? Arsene?.....Urrutia?

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England Empty Re: Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England

Post by jibers Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 am

This is the player we need ffs Fergie. Sign him ffs.

Inb4 we sign flopcao and 8 shite wingers

Last edited by The Ostracised One on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England Empty Re: Gündoğan: "My objective is to play in España or England

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am

im not that convinced he is the messiah you are looking for jibs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:im not that convinced he is the messiah you are looking for jibs

Don't care.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:02 am

Read: If Barcelona or Real Madrid don't come knocking, I'm hoping to land a lucrative deal from England.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:04 am

Art Morte wrote:Read: If Barcelona or Real Madrid don't come knocking, I'm hoping to land a lucrative deal from England.

The sad state of English Football Sad
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:04 am

If there is one club that absolutely don't need his services, it's Barcelona. But if they wanna continue their trend of signing midfielders and not actually good defenders, I wouldn't stop them.

Gundogan and Strootman for Man Utd, sounds yummy...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:04 am

He's a top 5 CM. sign him up Roman.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:05 am

Uncle Flo, you know what to do. Madrid will feast on the Doner Kebab that is Gundogan
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 am

inb4 his statement was poorly translated
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am

the LOL if gundi comes to madrid and flops like sahin
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am

"the next missing link" Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:09 am

Future Madrid Left back turned Liverpool Flop turned Dortmund bench player Gundogan Proud
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:10 am

Gundogan in a year:"thank god i left Rafa Benitez at Liverpool"
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:16 am

Why everyone wants to be benched in Spain?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:25 am

I would indeed be wary of the translation of the above article... You might want to look at this article that was published yesterday in transfermarkt.de:
Gündogan wants to stay: "It is likely that I will extend [my contract]"

Ilkay Gündogan (22) considers a long stay at Borussia Dortmund. "It is extremely likely that I will extend. This will of course depends also on the [contract] talks", the midfielder said in an interview with Sport Bild pertaining to the contract talks about an early extension of his current contract with Dortmund that is set to run out in 2015, which will be due at the end of the season.

The German international called reports about an interest of Barcelona in signing him up mere "media rumours". "I do not occupy myself with [such rumours]. I have two more years in my contract with the BVB and I know how lucky I am with this terrific club." He absolutely denied a transfer in the summer. "I am 100 percent certain that I will play at the BVB in the next season."
Gündogan will bleiben: «Wahrscheinlich, dass ich verlängere»

Ilkay Gündogan (22) erwägt einen langen Verbleib bei Borussia Dortmund. «Es ist ausgesprochen wahrscheinlich, dass ich verlängere. Das hängt dann aber letztlich auch von den Gesprächen ab», sagte der Mittelfeldspieler im Interview der «Sport Bild» in Bezug auf die zum Saisonende anstehenden Verhandlungen über eine vorzeitige Verlängerung der bis 2015 datierten Zusammenarbeit.

Berichte, wonach der FC Barcelona Interesse an einer Verpflichtung signalisiert habe, bezeichnete der deutsche Fußball-Nationalspieler als «Mediengerüchte»: «Ich beschäftige mich damit weniger. Ich habe noch zwei Jahre einen Vertrag beim BVB und weiß, was ich an diesem Wahnsinnsverein habe.» Einen Transfer zum Saisonende schloss Gündogan kategorisch aus: «Zu 100 Prozent weiß ich: Ich werde nächste Saison beim BVB spielen.»
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/guendogan-will-bleiben-wahrscheinlich-dass-ich-verlaengere/news/anzeigen_119527.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 am

Art Morte wrote:Read: If Barcelona or Real Madrid don't come knocking, I'm hoping to land a lucrative deal from England.

It's the same with England, no? I can only see him going to Man utd, Man city or Chelsea. Everyone else would be a step down, heck you can even make an arguement that even Man City are a step down..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 am

rwo power wrote:I would indeed be wary of the translation of the above article... You might want to look at this article that was published yesterday in transfermarkt.de:

Ilkay Gündogan (22) considers a long stay at Borussia Dortmund. "It is extremely likely that I will extend. This will of course depends also on the [contract] talks", the midfielder said in an interview with Sport Bild pertaining to the contract talks about an early extension of his current contract with Dortmund that is set to run out in 2015, which will be due at the end of the season.

The German international called reports about an interest of Barcelona in signing him up mere "media rumours". "I do not occupy myself with [such rumours]. I have two more years in my contract with the BVB and I know how lucky I am with this terrific club." He absolutely denied a transfer in the summer. "I am 100 percent certain that I will play at the BVB in the next season."

Ilkay Gündogan (22) erwägt einen langen Verbleib bei Borussia Dortmund. «Es ist ausgesprochen wahrscheinlich, dass ich verlängere. Das hängt dann aber letztlich auch von den Gesprächen ab», sagte der Mittelfeldspieler im Interview der «Sport Bild» in Bezug auf die zum Saisonende anstehenden Verhandlungen über eine vorzeitige Verlängerung der bis 2015 datierten Zusammenarbeit.

Berichte, wonach der FC Barcelona Interesse an einer Verpflichtung signalisiert habe, bezeichnete der deutsche Fußball-Nationalspieler als «Mediengerüchte»: «Ich beschäftige mich damit weniger. Ich habe noch zwei Jahre einen Vertrag beim BVB und weiß, was ich an diesem Wahnsinnsverein habe.» Einen Transfer zum Saisonende schloss Gündogan kategorisch aus: «Zu 100 Prozent weiß ich: Ich werde nächste Saison beim BVB spielen.»
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/guendogan-will-bleiben-wahrscheinlich-dass-ich-verlaengere/news/anzeigen_119527.html

There wasn't any question on his desire to stay in Dortmund for the next 1-2 years yet what is clearly stated is his desire to play in Espana or England within the future, to which given his age, he has a lot of time for. Even when he does extend a contract it will be meaningless given contracts are easily bypassed these days by lucrative offers along with his desire to move abroad. I wouldn't rule it out.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:38 am

Bid 6m + Arshavin ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 am

Well, if a player is clever, he will certainly not allow the media to pin him down with statements like "I will never leave this club". I just posted the above article as the wording of the OP sounded like "I'm practically gone already".
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 am

right, but in an interview a player can give a much more vague answer than "my objective is to play in spain or england"

sahin basically said the same thing a year ago and, well, ya.

so its not impossible for him to say but when a talented young player says something like that its obvious that he will at the very least consider offers if they come in.

its inviting more than anything and i wouldnt be surprised if madrid, barca, and bpl clubs came calling.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:13 am

Casciavit wrote:inb4 his statement was poorly translated

rwo power wrote:I would indeed be wary of the translation of the above article... You might want to look at this article that was published yesterday in transfermarkt.de:

Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:16 am

You know, it was Casciavit's post that prompted me to look for a German language article Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 am

Barcelona and Real Madrid don't need him.

The other clubs in Spain aren't good enough for him. In terms of the EPL, maybe Liverpool, however they're not in the CL.

Arsenal, they already have Wilshere, Cazorla and Arteta for midfield.

Man Utd have Carrick and Cleverley.

Chelsea maybe. He could play alongside Mikel.

Man City, he can be a replacement for Barry, if they want to replace him.

Spurs don't need him with Dembele already there.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:46 am

The reason Sahin failed at Madrid ( and Liverpool for that matter although its a little different) was his lack of agility and defensive ability.

Sahin is static as a mofo, while Gundogan is more like Xavi in his playing style.

Not to mention Sahin NEVER impressed at CL/EL level while Gundogan has owned that bitch harder than Keiran Lee.

I'm very confident if he ever left Dortmund for pastures new he would be a success.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next