flameas
McLewis
Lupi
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Roma’s coaching conundrum Empty Roma’s coaching conundrum

Post by Lupi Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:34 am

I found this article interesting enough to post it here and ask for your idea's , should Roma keep AA and if the answer is No aren't you afraid that the same thing with Montella happens again , I mean we all know the ups and down and L.E wasnt the problem but wouldn't Montella manage to stay at least and take the responsibility instead of running away from it?http://www.football-italia.net/33172/roma%E2%80%99s-coaching-conundrum
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Roma’s coaching conundrum Empty Re: Roma’s coaching conundrum

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Some media report the top 3 choices as being - Max Allegri, Laurent Blanc and Manuel Pellegrini.

Other mentions are Walter Mazzari, Stefano Pioli and Cesare Prandelli

Personally, I don't think it matters too much who we pick. They must have personality and they must be able to not only bring new ideas, but incorporate them with the team's and club's current style. LE veered too far away from that and Zeman invested far too much into it. Montella and AA were both more diplomatic and pragmatic and thus got better results. We need that type of coach. Allegri is probably the best choice in that regard.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Laurent Blanc is out of the race. Might actually end up at Lyon.

Front-runners are now Allegri and Mazarri.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Why would Mazarri leave Napoli? And why would we sign Allegri if we already have a coach at similar or i would say better level?

Our management are just stupid. No other word.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 09, 2013 3:08 pm

TBF it's the media that have been wrangling the power rankings of who's out and who's in. The Roma management has been absolutely silent on the subject, which is the way it should be.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Blanc gave his first extensive interview on L'Equipe print paper on Wednesday. He said that he had talked to Roma, but that he didn't feel that Roma was willing to invest in a project... they asked him what he meant. He responded that he asked for a 2 year window to show what he can do unless the club wasn't top 15 in his first year. Roma refused.

Not saying Blanc is the right choice... but i think that's a bad omen for Roma. You have to allow one year for a manager to set his system in place imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 09, 2013 5:23 pm

That sounds completely contradictory to what the American leadership of Roma has set in place.

Everyone here knows that the ownership has set in place a 5 year project to get this club back to where it belongs. The only elements that prevented Luis Enrique from staying beyond that first season were the intense dislike he suffered from fans and the media. The board were fully behind him and were prepared to have him see out his contract, therein by giving him adequate enough time to show them what he's capable of with this team. He refused.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad omen, I just think Pallotta, Zanzi and Co are re-evaluating how best to structure this club for success. We will still continue to buy and nurture young players with the hope of forming a core that can win championships. That's still the central plan. It's the details that have been troublesome and center to that, is finding a suitable coach. I do not think Blanc is that coach.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu May 09, 2013 7:22 pm

flameas wrote:Why would Mazarri leave Napoli? And why would we sign Allegri if we already have a coach at similar or i would say better level?

Our management are just stupid. No other word.

With Cavani leaving and uncertainty around how much De Laurentiis is willing to spend to replace him and further improve the team, Mazarri may be thinking that this is the best the club will be and that Juve is simply out of their reach for the foreseeable future.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 7:53 am

Having a long term investment view is great. But having a long term coaching view is different. I think the owners want to give themselves the option to fire a manager after the end of each year without a preset criteria. A lot of the top managers have seen what's happened with the managers at Roma recently and are looking for more tangible guarantees than just talk.

Roma just needs to bite the bullet and give the manager the clause he wants in this hiring. Once a precedent of backing the manager is set, the unfavorable perception of management by managers is gone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon May 13, 2013 8:59 am

I want Montella back at Roma.If i have to see anymore of AA football next season I think I will kill myself. :facepalm: So damn negative,this is not the Roma I fell in love with.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Balanced football is negative? Zeman and Enrique were just stupid with their attacking crap. Football is about balance.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 pm

:coffee: i wanted Zeman to stay if we were to take 7th in the table why would they sack zeman ? at least we could be proud of the scoring tally and his trainings would get players on form for next season where he could reap the reward .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am

Epoto wrote: :coffee: i wanted Zeman to stay if we were to take 7th in the table why would they sack zeman ? at least we could be proud of the scoring tally and his trainings would get players on form for next season where he could reap the reward .

Pretty much my feelings. You all know how I feel about the Christmas break, I think it killed our rhythm. Regardless, I think we could of flourished under Zeman's system with the right players providing stability in the back.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 14, 2013 12:35 am

Zeman was gonna go eventually. I mean his tenure ended chaotically, but it's wasn't about our play, it was about the deteriorating status in the locker room and he lost it. Once that's done, that really can't be undone in the same season without him making vast concessions and let's be honest....he's Zeman ffs...he doesn't do concessions :coffee:

I think sacking him at that time was the right choice.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 am

hmm other thing that makes me worried about Mazzarri is he apparently want to keep Osvaldo then i don't know from where we are going to find our Cavani and Napoli was pretty much dead without Cavani hmm
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 am

Most of the players hated Zeman. Thats why he went.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 15, 2013 1:02 am

Epoto wrote: hmm other thing that makes me worried about Mazzarri is he apparently want to keep Osvaldo then i don't know from where we are going to find our Cavani and Napoli was pretty much dead without Cavani hmm

Maybe Mazzarri can get more out of Osvaldo than Zeman and AA did. We have to remember that he's got 16 goals this season....mighty good for a guy who's utterly useless outside of the box Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon May 20, 2013 4:19 pm

flameas wrote:Most of the players hated Zeman. Thats why he went.

Cuz most of the players are babies who don't know what work is. GTFO to them.

McLewis wrote:
Epoto wrote: hmm other thing that makes me worried about Mazzarri is he apparently want to keep Osvaldo then i don't know from where we are going to find our Cavani and Napoli was pretty much dead without Cavani hmm

Maybe Mazzarri can get more out of Osvaldo than Zeman and AA did. We have to remember that he's got 16 goals this season....mighty good for a guy who's utterly useless outside of the box Laughing

Under Zeman, Osvaldo should have bagged 25 goals. For fun, let's create a compliation video of all the sitters that Osvaldo missed this year, it'll be at least 10 minutes long I assure you.

Now that the season is just about over, it's the right time to give an overall judgement on what we've seen this year. My question is this: had we not fired Zeman, would we have really finished lower down in the table? I have a hard time believing that. Sure we beat Juventus, Fiorentina, a Napoli who had nothing to fight for, but we threw away even more points against teams that we should have had a field day against. At least Zeman contributed to turning Totti into an even better machine and further developing the likes of Lamela and Florenzi (I would even add Marquinhos and Piris in there). Sure he made some mistakes, but this team should have given him more, and I'm talking about Stekelenburg, De Rossi and Osvaldo (the three main disappointments), Goicoechea, Burdisso, Balzaretti, Tachtsidis, Pjanic (who put somewhat more effort, but had to do much better). At the end of the day, Zeman was proven right, this is a group of players who are lacking discipline (which can be attributed to upper management) and who think they are entitled to do what they want.

This season more than ever, ho tifato solo la maglia.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon May 20, 2013 8:09 pm

That heavy fitness under zeman never led to anything - the opponents were still able to run and run as well as us..

Zeman wasnt never a solution.. just a stupid idea. Roma needs a old-skool coach, one that knows how to win. Last time we had a coach who has lifted a league title?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon May 20, 2013 9:24 pm

And you believe Andreazzoli is the man who is going to lift up a league title with us? I can guarantee you that won't happen, at least not in this current stint.

Zeman wasn't a stupid idea, it's a justifiable decision just like the other coaching appointments we've made. You just simply don't agree with it, which is fine, but that doesn't make it stupid.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon May 20, 2013 10:19 pm

ErPupone wrote:
flameas wrote:Most of the players hated Zeman. Thats why he went.

Cuz most of the players are babies who don't know what work is. GTFO to them.

McLewis wrote:

Under Zeman, Osvaldo should have bagged 25 goals. For fun, let's create a compliation video of all the sitters that Osvaldo missed this year, it'll be at least 10 minutes long I assure you.

Now that the season is just about over, it's the right time to give an overall judgement on what we've seen this year. My question is this: had we not fired Zeman, would we have really finished lower down in the table? I have a hard time believing that. Sure we beat Juventus, Fiorentina, a Napoli who had nothing to fight for, but we threw away even more points against teams that we should have had a field day against. At least Zeman contributed to turning Totti into an even better machine and further developing the likes of Lamela and Florenzi (I would even add Marquinhos and Piris in there). Sure he made some mistakes, but this team should have given him more, and I'm talking about Stekelenburg, De Rossi and Osvaldo (the three main disappointments), Goicoechea, Burdisso, Balzaretti, Tachtsidis, Pjanic (who put somewhat more effort, but had to do much better). At the end of the day, Zeman was proven right, this is a group of players who are lacking discipline (which can be attributed to upper management) and who think they are entitled to do what they want.

This season more than ever, ho tifato solo la maglia.

:bow: :bow:

exactly
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Roma’s coaching conundrum Aazdenek
Big games = Juve, Napoli, Milan, Fiorentina & Lazio
Not counting forfeited game by Cagliari
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon May 20, 2013 11:33 pm

hmm I have a weird feeling that we will end up with Bielsa as a Manager , even though Di Marzio just said we approached Allegry
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Was hoping for Mazzarri, but he just signed with Inter. Everything points to Allegri now, who I don't mind. It seemed as if he wanted to join us back when he was with Cagliari too. If all else fails, I would finally promote Alberto De Rossi, I think it's time, even though I would prefer a proven manager.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat May 25, 2013 7:19 pm

well Allegry said he considers getting a year of if Milan wont announce him name as their manager :brickwall:
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: