Sir Alex is looking to change to 4-2-3-1?

+5
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Swanhends
Sushi Master
Red Alert
Vibe
9 posters

Go down

Sir Alex is looking to change to 4-2-3-1? Empty Sir Alex is looking to change to 4-2-3-1?

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

I think he wants to do this...He experimented last season with Rooney on the left and Anderson in the middle but it was a fail.If he signs Sneijder/Modric/Nasri this is the way he's heading IMO.I suppose Rooney will be the lone striker with Nani/Valencia/Young/Giggs on the wings,Sneijder/Modric/Nasri in the hole.

These 3 players(Sneijder,Nasri & Modric) seem to be his most desirable ones,and all are naturally trequartistas...Modric later got withdrawn deeper in midfield to accommodate VDV and Nasri moved right to accommodate Fabregas.

I guess he feels 4-4-2 is outdated,and it probably is.He is one of the last ones to use it with success.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Sir Alex is looking to change to 4-2-3-1? Empty Re: Sir Alex is looking to change to 4-2-3-1?

Post by Red Alert Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:00 pm

He's been using the 442/4411 since he's been at United. Highly doubt he'd change it.

*Waits for a certain Manc to quote me saying something about the nerve of LFC fans.* :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Sir Alex is looking to change to 4-2-3-1? Empty Re: Sir Alex is looking to change to 4-2-3-1?

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:06 pm

I doubt it. He does not have any quality AMCs. Rooney can play there, ok, but it's no the same.

Also, you need quality MCs for that. If they had Schweini or something similar, ok, but not with frakking Carrick.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I doubt it. He does not have any quality AMCs. Rooney can play there, ok, but it's no the same.

Also, you need quality MCs for that. If they had Schweini or something similar, ok, but not with frakking Carrick.

I said if he signs one of Sneijder/Modric/Nasri...You need quality MC's for 4-4-2 even more but he's doing it isn't he.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 pm

saf doesnt tie himself down to one formation...he may use some more than others but he's never afraid to change to something new

His flexibility is whats made him able to last so long
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 pm

In reality they played 4-2-3-1 in the 2nd half of last season.

VDS
Rafeal Rio Vidic Evra
Carrick Giggs
Valencia Rooney Park*
Hernandez

* Or Nani
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:17 pm

I see room for Sneijder :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:In reality they played 4-2-3-1 in the 2nd half of last season.

VDS
Rafeal Rio Vidic Evra
Carrick Giggs
Valencia Rooney Park*
Hernandez

* Or Nani

Similar but not exactly.Rooney was a deep lying forward,hardly an ACM....Withdrawn,but still a forward.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:23 pm

I agree with vibe

United was definitely a 4411 mostly last year
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I doubt it. He does not have any quality AMCs. Rooney can play there, ok, but it's no the same.

I said if he signs one of Sneijder/Modric/Nasri...You need quality MC's for 4-4-2 even more but he's doing it isn't he.
A flat 4-4-2 needs more hardworking players instead of quality ones. It's a very solid and easy formation to apply, hence its popularity. He actually has tons of MCs that rotate depending on the need, just that none of them shine.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:In reality they played 4-2-3-1 in the 2nd half of last season.

VDS
Rafeal Rio Vidic Evra
Carrick Giggs
Valencia Rooney Park*
Hernandez

* Or Nani

Similar but not exactly.Rooney was a deep lying forward,hardly an ACM....Withdrawn,but still a forward.

Suppose, either way even if they go 4-2-3-1 100% i still dont see a place for Sneijder as quality as he is he is no CM maybe he can adjust to the role but it takes so much away from him as a player iam just not seeing it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:28 pm

I think Sneijder behind Rooney would be boss, especially in the CL.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Suppose, either way even if they go 4-2-3-1 100% i still dont see a place for Sneijder as quality as he is he is no CM maybe he can adjust to the role but it takes so much away from him as a player iam just not seeing it.

I think you misunderstood,I said he'll be playing in the hole.AMC...
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I think you misunderstood,I said he'll be playing in the hole.AMC...

That mean's no Hernandez, and i really cant see him being dropped after the season he had. Of course Sneijder would be great as an AM but i cant see Hernandez being dropped and Rooney going upfront on his own after it worked so well last year.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Hernadez will be doing a Solskjaer,not much different from last season.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alsteinenburg Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Sir Alex has always predominantly gone for a 4-4-2 formation, however in recent years he's changed it because he doesn't have the players that can accommodate the 4-4-2.

We've seen over the last few seasons Sir Alex changing formation to somewhat of a 4-5-1 formation against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

I believe that formation tactics have come along so far now that

When United had a midfield of Giggs, Keane, Scholes and Beckham, they were a formidable force in midfield because they were the perfect midfield, suited for a 4-4-2 formation.
At present however, United just don't have a midfield capable of anything near a 4-4-2. Hargreaves has left. Scholes has retired.

United's midfield is one of weakest I've seen in a long time and they desperately need a creative midfielder to replace Scholes.

We've heard names being thrown around, but I believe it will come down to either Sneijder, Modric or Nasri.

I believe Modric will go to Chelsea if anywhere.
I very much doubt Arsene Wenger will allow Nasri to join United, just out of principle.
Rene Meulensteen who is United's First Team coach has already been quoted as saying Sneijder is the perfect replacement for Scholes, so if Sir Alex can get a good price with Inter, my money is on Sneijder.

We shall see.
Alsteinenburg
Alsteinenburg
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Batigoal Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Alsteinenburg wrote:Sir Alex has always predominantly gone for a 4-4-2 formation, however in recent years he's changed it because he doesn't have the players that can accommodate the 4-4-2.

We've seen over the last few seasons Sir Alex changing formation to somewhat of a 4-5-1 formation against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

I believe that formation tactics have come along so far now that

When United had a midfield of Giggs, Keane, Scholes and Beckham, they were a formidable force in midfield because they were the perfect midfield, suited for a 4-4-2 formation.
At present however, United just don't have a midfield capable of anything near a 4-4-2. Hargreaves has left. Scholes has retired.

United's midfield is one of weakest I've seen in a long time and they desperately need a creative midfielder to replace Scholes.

We've heard names being thrown around, but I believe it will come down to either Sneijder, Modric or Nasri.

I believe Modric will go to Chelsea if anywhere.
I very much doubt Arsene Wenger will allow Nasri to join United, just out of principle.
Rene Meulensteen who is United's First Team coach has already been quoted as saying Sneijder is the perfect replacement for Scholes, so if Sir Alex can get a good price with Inter, my money is on Sneijder.

We shall see.

No way he will get a good price with Inter just remember the Ibra saga,he will definitely have to pay at least 40 Mill cash since Manu don't have any player to swap for Sneijder and when Sneijder will be on the Markt man city will definitely try to sign him too.
Batigoal
Batigoal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

https://facebook.com/tarik.az

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down