Patrick Bateman
michael1
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

its time for a change Empty its time for a change

Post by michael1 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 09:45

Hate to say it but it is.

wenger has had his time but now it is time to leave at the end of the season.it should be a mutual thing i cant picture and don't want to see wenger sacked hopefully it will be a mutual agreement.as he is the greatest manager we've ever had and don't think anyone will ever top him, at the same time he really is ruining his legacy if this keeps up.

its obvious he has taken the club as far as he can, and really we are in the state we are in because of him.

5 years ago it was i am grooming these players to wc and once that happens will be up there with the best, now if he had actually kept those players we might have won something.

but no we have ended up selling them not to mention he just refuses to make the additions we need, now arsenal fans might say he doesn't have as much money as we think he has to spend.

ok fair enough maybe he doesn't, but would he have really broken the bank to have tried and sign ozil for the pultry 15 mill last season or how about ribery after the 06 world cup.

we have had an abundance of WC players say they wany to play for us and at the time weren't ridiculously priced.

yet he was still more than content to spend on youngsters.

if he had showed a bit of ambition and had spent just a bit of cash on quality players we needed so the team could make that step up guaranteed players wouldn't have wanted to leave.

his lack of ambition is what made players leave, hardly looks like u want to win titles when ur signing kids.

people will point to no wilshere this season.

but so what club of our stature shouldn't be relying on a 19 year old kid, he should've been fabras back up for the next 2 years slowly building him up.

i mean wilshere has no one in that squad to look up to for advice or anything of the sort, and the saddest thing is bar van persie he is the best player in the squad !!

sorry state of affairs and wenger will always be legendary to me, but time is up and the club needs a change.

iv always said if we got rid of him no one would do the job he has done with the resources he has used, but now not even that is good enough

we need a change and it doesnt really matter who comes in, a shake up is needed.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

its time for a change Empty Re: its time for a change

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun 19 Feb 2012, 09:58

The solution to Arsenal's problem is simple,SPEND,Wenger needs to stop being such a miser..

Last edited by Patrick Bateman on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:00; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun 19 Feb 2012, 09:59

I've ALWAYS been pro-wenger. But now i dunno. See sometimes i think that he loves Arsenal so much, but his presence is (perhaps) currently putting us down. It's hard to leave when you love the club so much because he wants to help but i think by stepping down he might actually be saving the club........
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun 19 Feb 2012, 09:59

Patrick Bateman wrote:The solution to Arsenal's problem is simple,SPEND,Wenger needs to stop been such a miser..

Money woulda done jack s*** against Milan (for e.g.)
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:06

Again, everyone thinks they know the answer and that would be for Wenger to leave. Not one person has actually said who should replace him.....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:08

And that's the issue. I don't wanna see hom leave, unless a suitable replacement is found. It's really not as simple as Wenger Out.....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:12

Lex wrote:Again, everyone thinks they know the answer and that would be for Wenger to leave. Not one person has actually said who should replace him.....

does it really matter lex.

like i said, i always used to say but who could replace him to my freinds.

at this point it doesnt matter who it is as long as they have what it takes to manage a club like arsenal and there are managers our there that could do it.

wenger isnt the be all end all manager he used to be.

love the guy to death but i couldnt care less who comes in next, i just want to see something different.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:19

Well it does matter. Realistically, what do people think the next manager is going to do. Swoop in, shuffle the team a bit and win the Champion's League next season?

For all we know, the next manager could get us relegated, and we'll all be sitting around crying merrily into our beers about how Wenger wasn't as bad as all that
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:20

If Wenger does leave or whatever,someone like Spalletti would be the perfect replacement imho...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:21

When you sell your best players and replace them with 18 year old players it happens.

Henry, Cole, Adebayor, Fabregas, Nasri, Toure, etc.....

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:24

Lex wrote:Well it does matter. Realistically, what do people think the next manager is going to do. Swoop in, shuffle the team a bit and win the Champion's League next season?

For all we know, the next manager could get us relegated, and we'll all be sitting around crying merrily into our beers about how Wenger wasn't as bad as all that

well to me that beats us sitting here year after year watching the same man repeating the same mistakes year after year and just refusing to change his ways or try something different.

i mean look if ur content to watch wenger just make the same mistakes for another 3 years then great more credit to you for sticking with a man who has done more than anyone at arsenal.

and no i dont beleive the next manager will just swoop in and make things better in fact they will prob get worse before things get better but im willing to take that to see the club eventually get back to where it was instread of us progressively getting worse under wenger.

im not sure if ur seeing my point, all im sayin is good things come to and end and wengers time is up that much is clear, who comes in next we dont know but whos to say he wont to better than wenger ?

as i said before wenger is not the be all and end all at arsenal, there was an arsenal before him and there will be one after him.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:25

Patrick Bateman wrote:If Wenger does leave or whatever,someone like Spalletti would be the perfect replacement imho...
would absolutely love spalletti at arsenal but didnt he just sign a new contract with his current club ?
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:26

You know, it's a little similar as with Chelsea. If Arsenal finish outside top-4, then changing the manager might be a good choice.

But it's really really tricky in this case. On one hand Wenger has shown that he can manage Arsenal very successfully, on and off the pitch. On the other hand, seven years without a trophy makes it clear that things could be better.

I'd keep him, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:28

michael1 wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:If Wenger does leave or whatever,someone like Spalletti would be the perfect replacement imho...
would absolutely love spalletti at arsenal but didnt he just sign a new contract with his current club ?

Yeah he signed a 3 year contract extension not so long ago.But money talks. Cool
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:29

Patrick Bateman wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Yeah he signed a 3 year contract not so long ago.But money talks. Cool

were talking about arsenal here lol bunch of misers !!

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:32

michael1 wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Yeah he signed a 3 year contract not so long ago.But money talks. Cool

were talking about arsenal here lol bunch of misers !!

lol

Well I doubt you would have to pay too much compensation to Zenit,it wouldn't be anything near what Chelsea had to pay anyways. Laughing
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:40

good point hahaha

spalletti really would be perfect IMO anyway.

loved watching roma play when he was coaching them.

i dont think its to far fetched either to see him as arsenal manager.

would love to know what our american plans on doing with arsenal, the guy is pissing me off !!

hasnt said a aword about anything but is more than happy to bump up match tickets, would be nice to see some investment on his part.

i think we are the only club with a billionaire owner who hasnt put anything into the club yet.

atleast pay off the dam stadium so then we can use the clubs resources to buy players
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:52

Spalletti....I bet that the season Roma finished 6th noone would of said this. Its fantastic how much better someone looks when you remember the positives (pretty football) and ignore the negatives.

It will take probably take him months to figure out what works and what doesnt in the PL, by that time you will be out of the top 4 and will spend the rest of the season fighting to get in and stay in.

And say goodnye to Wenger's scouting of rare talents and uncover signings, your going to have to spend money it seems nobody at the club wants to.

The notion of you dont care who comes in next but you need a change will last all of a month and then you will start complaining about all the mistakes this next guy is doing. Changing coach, especiallly one who has been so important to the club, cant be done without an actual idea in place.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:01

The Franchise wrote:Spalletti....I bet that the season Roma finished 6th noone would of said this. Its fantastic how much better someone looks when you remember the positives (pretty football) and ignore the negatives.

It will take probably take him months to figure out what works and what doesnt in the PL, by that time you will be out of the top 4 and will spend the rest of the season fighting to get in and stay in.

And say goodnye to Wenger's scouting of rare talents and uncover signings, your going to have to spend money it seems nobody at the club wants to.

The notion of you dont care who comes in next but you need a change will last all of a month and then you will start complaining about all the mistakes this next guy is doing. Changing coach, especiallly one who has been so important to the club, cant be done without an actual idea in place.

well its the club who needs to do that i can bandy around all the names i want but what it will be down to them, they need to have a plan.

what i am pointing out is that wenger has taken us as far as we can go,and its obvious he will not change his ways hence me wanting him gone end of the season.

the man has been making the same mistakes for the last 5 years, yet everyone here just keeps living of his glory days.

like i said he is the greatest manager we have ever had, but the game is over now he has had his time and now its times to move on.

i dnt see what people find so hard to understand about that.

he eiher needs to try something different or leave for the good of the club.

i really dont want to be sitting here this time next complaining yet again about the same thing that has been happening for 5 years now honestly.

regarding spalletti every coach has a bad period does that all of a sudden make him a bad coach.

mourihno got sacked does that make him shit ?

it doesnt take a genius to realise spalletti will need time but than so does every coach.

i was simply sayin he would be a good fit as would pep.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:19

i'd go for Klopp as Wenger replacement....he could do wonders using arsenal youth system kids Laughing ..and not afraid to spend big.

but it's hard to imagine an Arsenal without Arsene..
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:33

michael1 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Spalletti....I bet that the season Roma finished 6th noone would of said this. Its fantastic how much better someone looks when you remember the positives (pretty football) and ignore the negatives.

well its the club who needs to do that i can bandy around all the names i want but what it will be down to them, they need to have a plan.

what i am pointing out is that wenger has taken us as far as we can go,and its obvious he will not change his ways hence me wanting him gone end of the season.

the man has been making the same mistakes for the last 5 years, yet everyone here just keeps living of his glory days.

like i said he is the greatest manager we have ever had, but the game is over now he has had his time and now its times to move on.

i dnt see what people find so hard to understand about that.

he eiher needs to try something different or leave for the good of the club.

i really dont want to be sitting here this time next complaining yet again about the same thing that has been happening for 5 years now honestly.

regarding spalletti every coach has a bad period does that all of a sudden make him a bad coach.

mourihno got sacked does that make him shit ?

it doesnt take a genius to realise spalletti will need time but than so does every coach.

i was simply sayin he would be a good fit as would pep.

What I find hard to understand is, how you can think so short sighted. You want him out but cant offer someone who can replace him and do even just aswell, let alone better.

Its easy to say you want him not, but clearly not so easy to name someone better for you.

Nobody said Spaletti is a bad coach, im just saying you were highlighting all his positives and ignoring the negatives. You have to be balanced if your going to name someone.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:11

Our problems would be solved if Stan kroenke gets the f out of the club.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:14

Managers never are past it.

Managers/coaches are like wine they get better with age.

Wenger should stay. There isn't anyone available to do a better job.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:19

Unless klopp comes out and say he will be interested in the job, there is no point in wenger going.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:22

I think if you organize insert a couple words here and there, Arsenal on a whole could take a bit away from it.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next