So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid?

+28
Pedram
Mack10
VivaStPauli
Abramovich
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Kamikaze692
Eivindo
Harmonica
Mamad
timzink
Kaladin
rwo power
Onyx
FennecFox7
Omniscient
paddy
futbol
REWB
julias
Valkyrja
juventus101
Lex
Swanhends
Berbatov
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid? - Page 3 Empty Re: So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid?

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:57 pm

gotze isnt better then ozil :coffee:

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid? - Page 3 Empty Re: So can we all agree that Dortmund are better than Real Madrid?

Post by Kamikaze692 Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:53 pm

lol @ Göetze > Özil eco smile
Also, its sad that Ramos gets so much blind hate from people. I mean you'd think his performances against Man Utd @ OT and the games against Barça would cut him some slack, but well one ordinary performance and the mob is out with their pitchforks.
Also its about time this myth that Ramos has no footballing brain was busted. I mean sure he has issues with playing an offside trap, but don't confuse his lack of concentration and general AGGRESSIVENESS which, hampers his positional play, with a lack of proper reading or understanding of the game.
One does not simply switch from a World Class full back to a Euro Championship winning centre back you know eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:12 pm

timzink wrote:LOL AT BLACYKOWSKI BEING BETTER THAN DI MARIA OR PISZACEK BEING BETTER THAN COENTRAO

LOL all you want but they are.....because they are not massive world renowned names don't mean they are inferior.

Giggity5313 wrote:gotze isnt better then ozil :coffee:

Its debatable i can see an argument for either player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Gotze is extremely well coached, ozil isnt
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:59 pm

rwo power wrote:
Actually if you consider the 4 matches as a mini-league, you'd have

Dortmund: 7 points, 8 goals for, 4 goals against
Real: 1 point, 4 goals for, 8 goals against

So even if Real win the second leg, Dortmund was superior 1 vs 1.

Oh, and in the last three seasons, Dortmund won 2 leagues even though they had FCB as opponent, 1 cup vs Real's 1 league, possibly 1 cup, also with FCB as opponent, of course. Again Dortmund win Razz
2010-11
Dortmund:-
League:WINNERS
Cup: 2nd Rd
Europe: Gr. Stg (EUROPA LG)

Madrid:-
League: 2nd
Cup:WINNERS
Europe: Semi

Dortmund waltzed their way to a BuLi title and into the hearts of Hipsters world wide. But that shouldn't deflect attention from the poor cup forays. Madrid meanwhile endured the disappointment of another Liga won by Barca. They made up for it in part by winning the CDR and breaking their Round of 16 hoodo before losing (convincingly) to Barca.
Verdict : Real Madrid 4-2 Dortmund

2011 - 12
Dortmund:-
League: WINNERS
CUP: WINNERS
EUROPE: Grp Stg (UCL)

Madrid:-
League: WINNERS
Cup: Semis
Europe: Semis (penalties ;-( )

Dortmund proved they were no one season wonders with a domestic double. But european failure continued as they finished BOTTOM of their group.
Madrid finally ended up winning the Liga at a canter, but were beaten by Barca in the Semis of the cup. Made it to the semis of the UCL again, losing on PENALTIES to Bayern.

VERDICT: Dortmund was (marginally) more successful domestically than Real but is a team who FINISHED BOTTOM of their group better than the Semi-finalists? No way Jose eco smile
Real Madrid 5-4 Dortmund (after extra time)

2012-13
NO CONTEST eco smile
Clearly Dortmund are the better team this year. Both teams are in the same boat as far Domestic results but in their 1 on 1 battles Dortmund have thoroughly out performed Madrid.

FINAL VERDICT: Madrid shade it marginally over 3 seasons. If this were a boxing bout think of it as a 15 round split decision Victory for José Ali over Jurgen "The Kloppo" Foreman eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Tsk tsk. And that when people always bash the BL or German NT for not getting the silverware, no matter if we end up between 2nd and 4th normally. If you go with the silverware in the last three seasons, Dortmund wins out vs Real Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

We have played then, what, 3 times? i think if we get to play another 7 or 8 times, the great reactive coach of the decade will figure out a way hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:03 pm

This is going to be a funny thread if Madrid come back lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:This is going to be a funny thread if Madrid come back lol.
Why? Dortmund have 2 wins, 1 draw. So even if Madrid win it is one win less :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:02 pm

IF? They will come back, I expect some fishy red cards and pennos to be dished out this game.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Dortmund are playing at a level Madrid cannot reach. It is clear which team is superior.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:11 pm

That's team chemistry for y'all.
Also individually great players, even if their names don't sound Spanish.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:48 am

If I was a Madrid fan I will keep my mouth shut and control the jealousy I probably have towards Dortmund, because clearly they are the better side.

Dreams are dreams and reality is the only way to go, and the reality is that Dortmund will beat Madrid again and go through. This is not because Madrid didn't have a good game or Dortmund were extremely lucky, the truth is if you watched the 3 matches played between these 2 teams, I don't think it's too hard for anyone to pick which side was/is better.

Anyways I can wait until this is over with, although I already know what the outcome will be. Very similar scenario to Barcelona vs Bayern
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 am

VivaStPauli wrote:That's team chemistry for y'all.
Also individually great players, even if their names don't sound Spanish.

Individuality means nothing in football. Don't understand why that word even gets used. Dortmund are better. Better football, better tactically, better at almost everything. Man for man they are better. Only players I would take is Cristiano from Madrid.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 am

More than praise for Dortmund, i can see HATE for Madrid here. I don't think any madrid fan will argue against the fact that Dortmund were superior in all 3 ties, but still people are bashing Madrid left, right and centre on here. And when their teams aren't up there amongst the top 4, i don't know how they can justify it as anything but jealousy on their part.
That is all.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:37 am

Kamikaze692 wrote:More than praise for Dortmund, i can see HATE for Madrid here. I don't think any madrid fan will argue against the fact that Dortmund were superior in all 3 ties, but still people are bashing Madrid left, right and centre on here. And when their teams aren't up there amongst the top 4, i don't know how they can justify it as anything but jealousy on their part.
That is all.

I'm happy that you beat us

Brb most ppl agree united should have gone through
Brb avoided getting humiliated by BVB
Brb 500 million spent on players 1 copa and la liga

No one is jelous lol
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mack10 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 am

jibercus wrote:
Kamikaze692 wrote:More than praise for Dortmund, i can see HATE for Madrid here. I don't think any madrid fan will argue against the fact that Dortmund were superior in all 3 ties, but still people are bashing Madrid left, right and centre on here. And when their teams aren't up there amongst the top 4, i don't know how they can justify it as anything but jealousy on their part.
That is all.

No one is jelous lol

Classic
Mack10
Mack10
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:42 am

jibercus wrote:
That is all.

No one is jelous lol
hmm.. Ur reply further solidifies my original view. Again, i never mentioned the defeat of Manchester in my previous post, yet ur HATE of Madrid compelled u to bring it up.
Its pretty evident that this thread was always more about Madrid being inferior rather than Dortmund being superior, and as stems from your unhealthy HATE of Real Madrid. As such, i don't wish to continue this topic as quite clearly your HATE is beyond common sense.
I hazarded a guess that said HATE may possibly have arisen from the defeat of ur beloved Manchester utd, under controversial circumstances and i stand by said assessment. Why u need to bring the cost of the team into this is beyond me - is it make you feel better that your 'poor' Manchester Utd were beaten by a richer club? And doesn't matter what "most people believed" we beat you 2-1 at Old trafford, even though we got more poor calls than you, so yeah...
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 am

Kamikaze692 wrote:
jibercus wrote:
That is all.

No one is jelous lol
hmm.. Ur reply further solidifies my original view. Again, i never mentioned the defeat of Manchester in my previous post, yet ur HATE of Madrid compelled u to bring it up.
Its pretty evident that this thread was always more about Madrid being inferior rather than Dortmund being superior, and as stems from your unhealthy HATE of Real Madrid. As such, i don't wish to continue this topic as quite clearly your HATE is beyond common sense.
I hazarded a guess that said HATE may possibly have arisen from the defeat of ur beloved Manchester utd, under controversial circumstances and i stand by said assessment. Why u need to bring the cost of the team into this is beyond me - is it make you feel better that your 'poor' Manchester Utd were beaten by a richer club? And doesn't matter what "most people believed" we beat you 2-1 at Old trafford, even though we got more poor calls than you, so yeah...

Don't fall for it dude. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 pm

jibercus wrote:
That is all.

No one is jelous lol
Supercopa?

CL13?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by tony_pulis Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

There is a no way Dortmund are better than Madrid. Those 3 games mean nothing. United couldn't beat spurs this season, does that mean spurs better? no. Madrid would beat dortmund 7 times out of 10, dortmund are just lucky they played madrid the 3 times they wouldn't beat them.

There are many reasons why madrid didn't win as they should've and why dortmund did. Don't get me wrong dortmund are a good team but they're not on madrids level. madrid have more quality, the better players, the better team and if they play their game they will win comfortably against dortmund. the only player from dortmunds team that would start for madrid is maybe hummels. i mean look at dortmunds players compared to madrids. if dortmunds were so good how come they slipped past all the richer clubs and end up at dortmund.

Dortmund are lucky marcelo has been injured every time madrid have faced them. Marcelo would have given the extra firepower in the attack and combines well with cristiano. this combination is lethal to almost all of madrids opponents.

madrid were also out of form in the first half of the season and suffered from many injuries. those are the main factors why they lost to dortmund along with some bad tactics from jose. madrid was dropping points to lower tier la liga teams. if dortmund could only beat them 2-1 at that stage of the season, it shows just how average of a side dortmund really are. also madrid were better in both games but were not clinical. they dominated possession both games and created enough chances to win, but some poor finishing cost themselves. especially the 2nd half of the home game where madrid should've won 4-0 in the half alone if it weren't desperate defending from dortmund.

the 4-1 hammering from dortmund does not reflect the quality of the two teams. madrid are in better form at this stage of the season, however they went in with the wrong mentality and also had an off day. they underestimated dortmund who i admit are good, but with the right mindset madrid wouldn't have struggled so much. they took them too lightly. also jose had bad tactics again, even worse than the group stages. other reasons include the pressing wasn't good enough, madrid didn't play at their usual intensity, ozil played out of position and is much more effective in the middle which is his usual position. alonso and khedira had the biggest off days in their careers. marcelo and arbeloa were out and di maria didn't start because he was distracted from his first born child. if they started the scoreline would have been different in madrids favor most likely. ramos is not used to playing right back anymore, varane inexperienced, pepe coming back from and still carrying an injury, kaka not starting and cassilas still out in favor because of lopez. these are some other factors for the losses.

on the other hand dortmund had their strongest squad playing and were more motivated than madrid. each dortmund player probably put in the game of their lives, especially lewandowski and gundogan. that's what you need to beat this madrid team. however performances like this are rare. klopp's tactics were spot on which is odd winning that battle against jose but that wouldn't happen usually.

madrid at their best is what they did do barca in the copa. if they played like this there would be no doubt they would beat this dortmund team 5-0. cristiano and co on form is just too good for them.

all these little factors have cost madrid some what would be some very routine victories for them. they will be kicking themselves because they know they could've easily not been in this position if they got some of the basics right. the 4-1 deficit will be hard to overcome even for a team of madrids quality. but if theres one team who can do it, it's madrid. i expect them to definitely win the 2nd leg. however it is hard to tell if they can get a win by 3 goals or more, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. they just have to make sure they play to their potential. i'm sorry some of these claims are ridiculous to think that dortmund are better than madrid. look how far off they are in their league and madrids league win last year was far more impressive with all the records they set. i mean dortmund struggled against malaga and were lucky to get past them. they would only be top 4 contenders in la liga. fairy tale runs like this happen all the time. madrid have 3 semi finals in recent years. i doubt dortmund would reach that sort of consistency. i mean last year they were dead last in the group stages. Smile

Last edited by tony_pulis on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

tony_pulis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks for the beautiful troll post. I'm atm just figuring out whose multi you are...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:49 pm

tony_pulis wrote:i mean dortmund struggled against malaga and were lucky to get past them. they would only be top 4 contenders in la liga.

Lol, than imagine where you would finish in Bundesliga... You got destroyed by a team who is not even a contender for Bayern Laughing
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:45 pm

tuddor wrote:
tony_pulis wrote:i mean dortmund struggled against malaga and were lucky to get past them. they would only be top 4 contenders in la liga.

Lol, than imagine where you would finish in Bundesliga... You got destroyed by a team who is not even a contender for Bayern Laughing

Dat underestimating just because Malaga had the aluminum working for them. If Dortmund had a bench they would've coasted through until they met Real. Dat first team is divine.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 pm

tony_pulis wrote:There is a no way Dortmund are better than Madrid. Those 3 games mean nothing. United couldn't beat spurs this season, does that mean spurs better? no. Madrid would beat dortmund 7 times out of 10, dortmund are just lucky they played madrid the 3 times they wouldn't beat them.

There are many reasons why madrid didn't win as they should've and why dortmund did. Don't get me wrong dortmund are a good team but they're not on madrids level. madrid have more quality, the better players, the better team and if they play their game they will win comfortably against dortmund. the only player from dortmunds team that would start for madrid is maybe hummels. i mean look at dortmunds players compared to madrids. if dortmunds were so good how come they slipped past all the richer clubs and end up at dortmund.

Dortmund are lucky marcelo has been injured every time madrid have faced them. Marcelo would have given the extra firepower in the attack and combines well with cristiano. this combination is lethal to almost all of madrids opponents.

madrid were also out of form in the first half of the season and suffered from many injuries. those are the main factors why they lost to dortmund along with some bad tactics from jose. madrid was dropping points to lower tier la liga teams. if dortmund could only beat them 2-1 at that stage of the season, it shows just how average of a side dortmund really are. also madrid were better in both games but were not clinical. they dominated possession both games and created enough chances to win, but some poor finishing cost themselves. especially the 2nd half of the home game where madrid should've won 4-0 in the half alone if it weren't desperate defending from dortmund.

the 4-1 hammering from dortmund does not reflect the quality of the two teams. madrid are in better form at this stage of the season, however they went in with the wrong mentality and also had an off day. they underestimated dortmund who i admit are good, but with the right mindset madrid wouldn't have struggled so much. they took them too lightly. also jose had bad tactics again, even worse than the group stages. other reasons include the pressing wasn't good enough, madrid didn't play at their usual intensity, ozil played out of position and is much more effective in the middle which is his usual position. alonso and khedira had the biggest off days in their careers. marcelo and arbeloa were out and di maria didn't start because he was distracted from his first born child. if they started the scoreline would have been different in madrids favor most likely. ramos is not used to playing right back anymore, varane inexperienced, pepe coming back from and still carrying an injury, kaka not starting and cassilas still out in favor because of lopez. these are some other factors for the losses.

on the other hand dortmund had their strongest squad playing and were more motivated than madrid. each dortmund player probably put in the game of their lives, especially lewandowski and gundogan. that's what you need to beat this madrid team. however performances like this are rare. klopp's tactics were spot on which is odd winning that battle against jose but that wouldn't happen usually.

madrid at their best is what they did do barca in the copa. if they played like this there would be no doubt they would beat this dortmund team 5-0. cristiano and co on form is just too good for them.

all these little factors have cost madrid some what would be some very routine victories for them. they will be kicking themselves because they know they could've easily not been in this position if they got some of the basics right. the 4-1 deficit will be hard to overcome even for a team of madrids quality. but if theres one team who can do it, it's madrid. i expect them to definitely win the 2nd leg. however it is hard to tell if they can get a win by 3 goals or more, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. they just have to make sure they play to their potential. i'm sorry some of these claims are ridiculous to think that dortmund are better than madrid. look how far off they are in their league and madrids league win last year was far more impressive with all the records they set. i mean dortmund struggled against malaga and were lucky to get past them. they would only be top 4 contenders in la liga. fairy tale runs like this happen all the time. madrid have 3 semi finals in recent years. i doubt dortmund would reach that sort of consistency. i mean last year they were dead last in the group stages. Smile

you need to get laid TMO

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 pm

That quote gave me cancer.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next